Three worlds torn asunder by war, the people suffer the loss of the lands' magic as Spires rise and armies of Darkness cast out to devastate the realm. Resistances crumble, empires fall, and what was once good and light in the world falls to the Dark One...
Can you stand against the odds
and hope to win?
Please make sure you register your player name first with ALL CAPS! Read the rules, have a look at the plots and claims, and then get to work on your character!
**This C-Box is for tags and PMs only.
Please use the one at the bottom for chat.
Kia Shun Lan
Played by Sakaira
Played by Vainious
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
| Welcome to WARLANDS. We hope you enjoy your visit. You're currently viewing our forum as a guest, so you cannot see all the fun contained within. |
Please register your Player Name first in ALL CAPS! No pretentious names, please, since this is what we'll be calling you.
As with all internet sites that have a mature rating, most of the items here are hidden from guests in case of underage viewers. You must be 18+ to view the forums. Please respect that privacy.
Keeper of the Realms
Member No.: 1
Joined: 1-August 10
**As a guest, many of these links will be hidden from you.
- RULES -**Do not fight with the admins. You wouldn't like when they're angry.
- GENERAL -
- You have one week to start a character (by PMing Sato your CHARACTER CONCEPT), and one month after your join date to complete it. Failure to do so will result in your deletion, as we only keep active accounts.
- Everything on this site is copyrighted to their respectable owners and the site itself. Theft will not ever be tolerated.
- If you can't handle taking constructive advice from the admins - who created the site, who have played here for 7 years - this isn't the place for you.
- If English is your second language, this site may be difficult for you, as we put a great deal of stress on grammar, punctuation, and other writing abilities in general.
- MATURITY! - - You MUST be 18 or older. No ifs, ands, or buts. If we discover you're too young, (in age or maturity level) you will be banned until you come of appropriate age. Also, since you're 18+, we'll expect you to act like adults.
- No drama, theft, harassment, or talk-backs. It will not be tolerated on ANY level. Period. We're all adults here. Act like it.
- Communicate. Use PMs, IM, C-box and the boards to talk to your fellow players.
- Use SPELL CHECK and proper grammar! This is a literary site, and we expect that our adult players are capable of being able to write to typical, mature standards.
- Slavery, rape, violence, murder, nudity, sex, gore, and swearing are all allowed. You MUST have the player's or Admin's permission to kill a character however.
- CBOX CONDUCT -
-LEFT COLUMN BOX - TAGS AND PMS
- This box is for Tags and PMs only! If you've PMed someone's account, or posted for a character, then make sure they know it by tagging them in this box. Anything else will be deleted and banned.
- Please use which ever account name you're tagging with or PMing from.
- Feel free to link to the post or thread to help your fellow players with their tags.
- No spam.
- No advertisements.
- BOTTOM CBOX - WARLANDS CHAT ONLY
- Please use your Player Name.
- No snot about cats, politics, religion, etc. Only talk about Warlands and your activity involving it.
- Keep it clean - The site may be hidden from kids, but the cboxes are not.
- No email addresses! I see red and I'll delete it. Another offense, and you'll be banned from the box.
- NO SPAM! - It will be deleted and banned, even if it's a member doing so.
- No Advertisements - They will all be deleted and banned, and the owner's own site will be re-spammed with horse porn. Yes, really - horse porn. You have your warning.
- Do not debate with the admins. That's what PMs and the Discussion Forums are for.
- ACCOUNTS -
- Register your player account in ALL CAPS!
- We don't accept pretentious names (ie: vampire123killrz, dinoculars) or names that don't belong to you (ie: Gandolf, Drizzt). Give us a real name or nickname - not a weird online handle.
- Your character accounts will be registered normally.
- Any names that aren't actual names will be changed or removed.
- You will have at least TWO accounts - one for you AND one for EACH character.
- No repeat first names or Player names. Same last names are for relatives only. (IE: If we already have someone named "Angel", then no other account can have the name Angel, unless it's the last name.)
- Don't change the color, font, or alignment of your signature or posts. Keep everything uniform, please.
- You CAN NOT start making a new character if there you still have one in the WORKS IN PROGRESS section.
- GRAPHICS -
- Yes, you will need an avatar for all your accounts! We take pride and joy in our graphics, so if you can't find an appropriate one, we'll find one for you.
- Celebrities for FACE CLAIMS only. (IE: No snapshots of yourself, art/drawings, or CG-created people.)
- Make sure all of your avatars are 160 wide x 260 tall, or they will be mocked and replaced.
- No stretching. 160x260. Anything bigger or smaller will be corrected at your behest.
- No black and white. Color only.
- No graffiti, words, paparazzi pictures. Keep them clean.
- No art, anime, or full CG - with the exception of monster characters and additions to real pictures.
- Please don't use celebrity pictures for your Player account.
- If you can't find a picture, PM the admin and one will be provided for you.
- NO picture signatures. All art goes in the Art Section.
- INACTIVITY -
- You have one week to start a character, and one month after your join date to complete it. Failure to do so will result in your deletion, as we only keep active accounts.
- We do not keep inactive accounts. If you do not PM your CHARACTER CONCEPT into Sato after one week, your Player Account will be deleted. Feel free to join again later when you have time.
- If you're going to be gone for a length of time, tell us in the ABSENCE BOARD or PM Sato.
- You must VOTE for CHARACTERS OF THE MONTH - One male, One female - before the 1st of each month to remain active. If you miss a month, but have posted actively, you will be given leeway, but none of your characters will be eligible to win.
- You must also post with at least one character a month to remain active.
- Abandoned characters are forfeit, as are their posts. They will be placed in the graveyard or adopted out.
- POSTING -
- SPELL CHECK!!
- 12345 - 1 post, 2-3 paragraphs, 4-5 sentences each at least. (Try 200-400 words average, though more is always appreciated.)
- Third person. Past tense.
- You MUST tag a character, unless it's an OPEN thread. (Open threads must be labeled thus. You are allowed one open thread per character.)
- NO METAGAMING - No using out-of-character information in-character. If your character doesn't know it, don't use it.
- NO MODDING - Don't play someone else's character for them. (NPC sheets must have your name on them for you to use them as well, unless you have the creator's permission.)
- NO GODMODDING - Your character is NOT invincible or all-powerful. They can get hurt and die.
- Please do NOT change the font size, color, shape, etc. Uniformity is nice.
- STATS SHEETS -
- First characters must be 1st level, base race, base class.
- 85 Ability Points (before racial, class, and level adjustments)
- One free Feat!
- One free travel outfit.
- One free backpack.
- 5 days rations free.
- 100 gold pieces at first level (50 for Eryth characters)
- Make sure to add links to EVERYTHING. (It makes things easier to find later.)
- No Stat Twatting! This is when you give your character a 3 so s/he can have a 25 elsewhere. Beginning stats should be between 8 and 18. (Anyone caught "stat twatting" will be tortured via cheese grater and put on display for public mockery.)
- If the character you really want to play is not available, there are ways to earn it by buying them via points in the WARLANDS BANK, or by explaining to Sato exactly why you NEED to play that particular character. (She accepts virgin sacrifices and offerings of chocolate and coffee.) If we're "missing" a race or class, let us know - we'll work something out.
Any questions, concerns, or comments, please PM Sato (Owner/Creator).**Codeword - Darkness
**Note - When posting this codeword to your sheets or PMing it to the admin, you are agreeing that you have read all the available information and are agreeing to abide by the rules set forth by the site owners. The rules are susceptible to change at any time without warning or notice.
Keeper of the Realms
Member No.: 1
Joined: 1-August 10
- RULES for IM GAMING -
This is only for people who have proven they're able to meet the site's standards and can make it for at least 90% of the sessions. You must have at least 2 characters that are active and posting - as well as having proven you're not a twat. Yes, it sounds harsh, but after having done this for several years now, I like to know my investments are well set.
- MAKE MISTAKES -
- Yes, please do! I love when people slip up, because it gives me a perfect chance to bring in something dangerous and exciting.
- If you don't slip up from time to time, I'll accuse you of ESP, and blast you with my mind powers until you're a drooling slob on the carpet.
- If you don't know something, look it up (it's fucking called Google) or ask.
- BE READY -
- If we start at 7pm Central time, I expect you to have your character sheet, the dice roller
(password: coffeeslut), and any other materials up and ready. (spell lists, players handbook, etc.
- Have some caffeine, for crying out loud! IF you start tapping out at 10 pm every night, I'll have someone inject you with adrenaline or kick you out of the game. We go from 7-11 at least, so be ready for a few hours of entertainment!
- NO DRINKING! -
- I do not allow booze or alcohol of any kind during campaign sessions.
- If you're too drunk to game, you will be removed permanently.
- NO DISTRACTIONS -
- I get that it's real life and emergencies arise, but otherwise, no phones. Leaving to make a phone call that can wait until the following day, or receiving on that can wait as well is extremely rude!
- I have two kids, and may have to leave to tend to them on occasion. If you need to leave, please let us know you're gone, and when you return.
- No TV. It's distracting as hell, and I can tell when someone's not paying attention. On that same note, please no Pinterest, Facebook, Imgur, etc. unless your character is not at play.
- If I have to repeatedly wait for you, I will have your character killed so that it's no longer the distraction.
- NO OOC VULGARITY -
- Just like on the site, I do NOT tolerate any sort of out-of-character drama. No name calling, no bitching, no vulgarity of any kind towards your fellow player.
- If you have an issue, take it up with me or the player you're upset with at a different time. We're all here to game - not to be high school sissies.
- The first bullshit move will result in your total banning from the game and from the site.
- NO FAVORITISM -
- Everyone's character can die. Doesn't matter who you are, your character is susceptible to death.
- When I'm the DM, I'm no longer Sato. I'm the one telling a story, laying out stats, and giving you something of entertainment. I'm not your friend, I'm not your sugar momma, and I'm certainly not there to wipe your asses and put you to bed. Everyone is equal.
- If you think I'm playing favorites, then you clearly don't know who you're gaming with.
- HAVE FUN -
- It's a game. Have fun. If you're not having fun, talk to me later or get out.
- Let me know what you want to do with your character so I can incorporate them further. Otherwise, I'm just going to run my campaign as I have it set up.
NO SPAM! Warlands site chat only! Please use your Player Name in the c-box.