Do you have a question about the board? Any concerns you'd like addressed? Please let us know how we can better our site by adding your own comments as well! Your constructive input is what helps us improve our site for future gamers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please feel free to ask more questions below, or PM me with anything you need!
"Just how old is the RP?"
- It started as a Tabletop RPG almost seven years ago, and it's been going ever since!
"What does the mature rating of this board entail?"
- Our maturity rating is set high because we prefer to allow our characters to experience all the dangers of the lives they lead. Death, violence, gore, obscene language, rape, drugs, alcohol, etc. are all allowed here - so if you're not into that, then this isn't the site for you!
"Why can't I see the rest of the board without registering?"
- We have R-rated material on board, and to allow children access could potentially lead to legal actions. So for our safety and yours, we've hidden material. It also allows people the feeling of privacy in which to partake in adult activities that they may otherwise not want broadcasted publicly.
"Why do I need at least two accounts?"
- Each character gets its own face and personality, and so when you're posting with them, it's more fun for the readers to see who's involved. You'll also use your Player Account in out-of-character locations, such as the Who's Who, absences, etc.
"Is there a limit to how many characters I can have?"
- Nope! You can only have one character in the works-in-progress section at any given time, however - and so long as you are playing (or have played) with each one, you can have as many as you like.
"Why don't you allow canons from books or movies?"
- Because those characters don't belong to you. We also promote creativity and would like to see what our players are capable of on their own. You can base your character on another if you like, but outright theft will not be tolerated.
"Is there a minimum word count?"
- Yes and no. We want you to feel comfortable writing with others, so we encourage everyone to post at least 2-3 paragraphs, 4-5 sentences each. More is always welcome, but don't try to overwhelm your fellow player. We shoot for 200-400 words per post. No one sentence character posts, however - sorry.
"Do I need to have D&D stats to play here?"
- No. This site is primarily play-by-posts - where you plot out and write your character's actions instead of use dice rolls and DM ideas. The dice and D&D stat options are there, however, for those of us who enjoy a good random campaign.
"Can I transfer a previously played character here?"
- Yes, however, there is a step you must take for him or her to be able to to be transferred. It mostly involves your compliance to change aspects of the character to fit in with the site's regulations and set-up.
"Why does my first character have to be 1st-5th level / base race / base class?"
- We like to see what our new members are capable of before giving them more power on the board. We do make the occasional exception, of course, for those who appear to have experience and know what they're doing. Fear not - you'll earn your levels, and you can always make more characters at higher levels and more complex classes. There are a LOT of plots you can do at a low level, fear not.
"Can I play royalty / nobility / land owner / shop owner?"
- Once you have a character that has 10 in-character posts, then yes, absolutely! Again, we like to know what our new players are capable of before giving them more control on the site. Handing over large sections of territory only to have them leave or turn out to be incapable of posting is not what we're looking for in our rulers.
"Do you allow psionics?"
- No. They get too complicated for many of the newer players, and frankly, I don't like messing with it. There's always another way to do things with simple mages, etc.
"Can we play or make other races and classes that are not on the site?"
- Possibly. PM me with your ideas - I'm flexible, and always willing to make this more of a home for others to enjoy! We've already added a dozen or so, and hope to add any you have in mind as well!
"Do I have to follow a cannon plot, or can I make my own?"
- The cannon plot is extremely open for play, and so long as you keep to the general happenings of the site, you can feel free to make up any plot you like. PM me for ideas or to go over things if you want to make sure they work.
"Can we have open threads?"
- Yes! You are allowed one open thread per character.
"What size graphics do you require?"
- 160 wide and 260 tall for avatars.
- 500 wide and 300 tall for signatures.
"Why can't I use anime or art pictures for my avatar?"
- Because we'd like to keep a realistic approach to our site. We do allow graphics where monsters and creatures are concerned, but they must meet the other standards of our board. Feel free to add CG items, painted locations, and even photoshop your character's picture to make them more the way you'd like.
"Can I make a request of wanted characters to play with?"
- YES! Absolutely, yes! It's a great way to get people involved with your character and plot ideas. More information found within.
"Do you have adoptable characters?"
- We sure do, and we also allow our members to create them as well! More information found within.