InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to The Daemonic Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Heralds of Tzeentch on discs
deathphoenix
Posted: May 7 2012, 09:26 PM

Plaguebearer

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,126

I've been working on these the last few days. The models are 90% done, but I'm not happy with the yellow disc. Perhaps it just needs more yellow as it looks quite flat. Maybe a glaze of some sorts.

user posted image

Anywho, please comment on the models. Praise or criticism is welcome.

Thanks.

--------------------
Be Just and Fear not.

Zechs
Posted: May 8 2012, 05:29 AM

Pleasureseeker

Member No.: 2,810

Yeah, the yellow disc could really use a glaze and maybe a bit of highlighting.

Other than that, are you going for a retro look to the models? That's what the colour combination suggests to me.

I do like the orange disc, the highlights in the front seem especially well done. But I'm not a fan of the pink feathers.

--------------------
God of war
Posted: May 8 2012, 06:00 AM

Bloodcrusher

Member No.: 1,570

Perhaps blending a bit of green into the yellow disc?
DaemonReign
Posted: May 8 2012, 06:07 AM

The Eternal Bloodletter

Group: Heralds
Member No.: 2,658

Cool OOP models. I quite like the paintjob too. Retro, as Zechs was saying.

Yellow disc: The carefull application of either Green or Red wash will probably make it look more interesting. Anything goes really.

--------------------
deathphoenix
Posted: May 8 2012, 02:24 PM

Plaguebearer

Thanks guys. I'll try a thin green wash to start with and see how that goes.

@Zechs - Is it the pink, or the way I have painted it? Definitely going for a retro look on these models. They probably won't get a lot of game time, so I figured I would paint them up old school for a bit of nostalgia. I have a few more OOP models to start on, so I will be doing this with them as well. The new plastic models will get a more modern paint job.

Thanks.

--------------------
Be Just and Fear not.

Grisnik
Posted: May 9 2012, 07:08 AM

Changebringer

Member No.: 1,399

Love both the models, and the color combos.. anything that can be seen from space due to being that bright is alright in my book! smile.gif

Yellow disc needs something, as you said.. green would be a cool color.. or something else that is just as bright..

as for the future models.. why quit the retro vibe? Can still do bright even with the newer ones.. looking forward to them all the same smile.gif

--------------------
deathphoenix
Posted: May 9 2012, 03:02 PM

Plaguebearer

Thanks. I have given the disc a green wash and I think it looks ace. I will post up a pic when the model is complete.

The next lot of models up will be Bloodletters and Daemonettes so probably not too much scope for retro colours. When I get to Tzeentch however, I probably will do a few test models and see how they stack up. I have always thought that Tzeentch models deserve a bit more flair. cool.gif

--------------------
Be Just and Fear not.

zhambah
Posted: May 9 2012, 04:13 PM

Plaguerider

Member No.: 2,906

gaaaah i got here too late, i was going to suggest giving it a red wash to match the other disc, but ah well.. as long as it looks good that is what matters
deathphoenix
Posted: May 9 2012, 04:28 PM

Plaguebearer

Fear not zhambah! I still have one more disc and several more classic models to paint. Still plenty of time for advice. laugh.gif

I also picked one more classic model from eBay this morning. The Slaaneshi one similar to the one pictured in this auction:

Link to eBay auction

I also received conformation of my Daemon purchase has been shipped, so should be here next week. Rock_emoticon.gif

Thanks for the comments.

Also, is there anyway to change the topic title of this thread? Usually you just have to edit the original post, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

--------------------
Be Just and Fear not.

zhambah
Posted: May 9 2012, 06:22 PM

Plaguerider

Member No.: 2,906

just start a "Deathpheonix's Super Awesome Painting Thread"

looking forward to some of your less trippy work biggrin.gif
JonathanC
Posted: May 9 2012, 07:58 PM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,672

I like them, thats exactly the sort of style I have been going with for my Tzeentch Daemons. smile.gif

--------------------
Come on Tzeentch!

Do you like words and pictures arranged together to tell a story? If so, check out my battle report thread here.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.4419 seconds | Archive