InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to The Daemonic Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

khorne bsb
brother_maynard
Posted: May 7 2012, 05:56 PM

Greater Daemon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,484

so i painted these ray-like things before i put the actual eye on the flag, and now i don't think i like them. do you guys have any ideas on what to do with them? should i cover them up? put texture in them like thorns or something? rays of light maybe?

user posted image

--------------------
DaemonReign
Posted: May 7 2012, 06:44 PM

The Eternal Bloodletter

Group: Heralds
Member No.: 2,658

It's awesome already, but if you want to go the extra mile of modelling on it then sure go ahread.. wink.gif

Fantastic conversion & paintjob. Absolute bravo!

--------------------
Noisy Assassin
Posted: May 7 2012, 09:07 PM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,601

Amazing conversion job! I think light reddish orange rays in the middle of the red would look pretty good.

--------------------
Demons need love too...hugs for everyone!
(>^_^)>

When life gives you lemons, BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

8th Edition W/D/L Records with Daemons:
- 7th ed book: 21/1/5
- 8th ed book: 11/0/2
deathphoenix
Posted: May 7 2012, 09:16 PM

Plaguebearer

Member No.: 3,126

I think it looks awesome as it is, but if you are going to change it I'd say go for rays of light as opposed to thorns.

--------------------
Be Just and Fear not.
God of war
Posted: May 8 2012, 05:18 AM

Bloodcrusher

Member No.: 1,570

I would darken the red towards the ends, so that you get a felling of depth, perhaps adding a little pink or orange to the scales around the eye.

Awesome job on the eye itself!
Zechs
Posted: May 8 2012, 05:33 AM

Pleasureseeker

Member No.: 2,810

Banner looks great already. If you're not happy with the 'ray' concept, then try turning them into... well, for lack of a better word, 'flesh' - columns of fleshy muscle, sinew, veins that hold the eye in place. Should look gruesome enough...

--------------------
JonathanC
Posted: May 9 2012, 08:16 PM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,672

I agree with Zechs, although instead of fleshy sinew I interpret it as a tear in the warp with something peering from beyond....

--------------------
Come on Tzeentch!

Do you like words and pictures arranged together to tell a story? If so, check out my battle report thread here.
Lord Tremendous
Posted: May 9 2012, 09:05 PM

Bloodletter

Member No.: 3,065

Bah! I say you start from scratch. This model is clearly not to your standards and needs to be re-done.

If I were you I'd carefully package this model and Ship it to me, Lord Tremendous, thru the fastest delivery service available. Then, I would buy all the bits and models required to do it all over again. Then I would send Lord Tremendous 45% of my gross income for taking my leftovers.... its the least I can do after making him suffer with my art. laugh.gif

Come on man! That model, as is, is outstanding and requires nothing to make it a real eye catcher. It already has caught just about all of our attentions as is. If you were to do anything to change it I would make the change subtle if at all.

Man, if half my painting looked as good as that BSB I'd be selling them on Ebay like beer to underaged kids... wait.... evil.gif

-Tremendous

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
brother_maynard
Posted: May 16 2012, 10:19 AM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,484

lol, thanks Tremendous, you're always great for a good laugh!

thanks for the feedback guys, really appreciate it. if it looks okay as is, then i won't mess with the concept too much.

I agree with Zechs, although instead of fleshy sinew I interpret it as a tear in the warp with something peering from beyond....
this actually completely changes the way i feel about it, thanks JonC!

I would darken the red towards the ends, so that you get a felling of depth, perhaps adding a little pink or orange to the scales around the eye.
this is a great idea, i completely agree. and the scales do have a slight orange highlight on the edges closer to the eyeball, but i will add another one to make it pop a bit more.

and thank you all for the compliments gents.

--------------------
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2565 seconds | Archive