Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Daemonic Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Speed Painting Daemonettes Tutorial
Byronic
Posted: May 7 2012, 12:04 PM

Horror

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,128

Hello all, this is my first post here so please be gentle!

I'm in the process of trying to paint a full 2400point daemon army in less than 7 days, and I've been taking pictures along the way with some units with the intent of writing tutorials. These daemonettes were painted in one sitting in about 9-10 hours, which could be useful for someone if they have a tournament coming up etc smile.gif

Anyway I've written a tutorial >>>>here<<<< describing how I did it.

Please let me know what you think, I've found that for the best feedback in the past the army-specific forums have been the best which is why I registered smile.gif If you have any questions just let me know here and I'll get back to you. There's no need to register on the original forum.

Here's a picture of the finished unit:

user posted image
DaemonReign
Posted: May 7 2012, 01:32 PM

The Eternal Bloodletter

Group: Heralds
Member No.: 2,658

That's F-ing impressive if it was really done in 9-10 hours dude..

Welcome to the forum and looking forward to following this plog!

--------------------
Legion
Posted: May 7 2012, 08:33 PM

Plaguerider

Member No.: 1,871

Really nicely done! The two 'nettes making out on the unit filler is very Slaaneshy. Great tutorial. I've always thought about trying the "pre-shade" using the white primer over black method.

--------------------
People say that love is the best feeling. I think finding a toilet when you have diarrhea is even better.
Byronic
Posted: May 8 2012, 04:52 AM

Horror

That's F-ing impressive if it was really done in 9-10 hours dude..

Welcome to the forum and looking forward to following this plog!

Cheers bud, I've got a few pictures of the bloodletters I did on my camera as well, it's not a perfect step-by step, but I should be able to salvage a semi-coherent tutorial out of it!

Really nicely done! The two 'nettes making out on the unit filler is very Slaaneshy. Great tutorial. I've always thought about trying the "pre-shade" using the white primer over black method.

They're slaanesh, whether marching into battle or not;there's always time for a bit of kissing! I couldn't resist, the poses were perfect biggrin.gif

Pre-shading is a god send bud, I use it on about 95%of models I paint, it's amazing!

I'll get the Bletter tutorial done fairly soon guys, thank you again for the kind words!
God of war
Posted: May 8 2012, 05:21 AM

Bloodcrusher

Member No.: 1,570

Nicely done, and thx for the tutorial!
Byronic
Posted: May 14 2012, 11:19 AM

Horror

QUOTE (God of war @ May 8 2012, 05:21 AM)
Nicely done, and thx for the tutorial!

Cheers, not at all bud smile.gif

It's not daemon-y but I have done another tutorial, this time it's on how to sculpt scale mail, I'll be trying to improve or at least re-remember sculpting over the next couple of weeks, this is the beginning of it smile.gif

How to Sculpt Scale Mail

As ever all comments are criticisms are welcome!
Byronic
Posted: May 15 2012, 05:56 PM

Horror

To go with the last tutorial How to sculpt chain mail
deathphoenix
Posted: May 16 2012, 01:41 AM

Plaguebearer

Member No.: 3,126

Great tutorials. Thanks for the links. I like the colours you have used on your daemonettes, I'll definitely revisit this when it comes time to paint mine and make note on the colours you have used.

--------------------
Be Just and Fear not.
Byronic
Posted: May 24 2012, 05:35 AM

Horror

QUOTE (deathphoenix @ May 16 2012, 01:41 AM)
Great tutorials. Thanks for the links. I like the colours you have used on your daemonettes, I'll definitely revisit this when it comes time to paint mine and make note on the colours you have used.

Thanks very much deathphoenix, I hope it's useful!

I've not had time for the deamons recently, but I have squeezed in a quick Magnetising Units and Painting Bases tutorial, give them a look if you fancy.
Hulabell
Posted: May 25 2012, 01:42 AM

Bloodletter

Member No.: 2,958

Fantatisc tutorials, very easy to understand, i'll be giving these a go!
deathphoenix
Posted: May 25 2012, 02:02 AM

Plaguebearer

Member No.: 3,126

+1. The base tutorial was excellent. I'm definitely going to use some of those ideas.

dp

--------------------
Be Just and Fear not.
Byronic
Posted: May 30 2012, 08:32 AM

Horror

Thanks very much guys smile.gif I do these to try and help people out so it's really nice when people let me know they've been helpful!

Here's my latest one: A step by step guide to painting a dreadstone blight I love scenery and this is one of the best kits I've encountered I must say! It's nice and cheap as well smile.gif

Here's a WiP shot from it:
user posted image

Again I've not had any more time for the daemons, I've got billy the bloodthirster sitting there asking for paint as well sad.gif.

Thanks again for the responses, makes my day when it turns out the hours I put in haven't been wasted!

Byron
Byronic
Posted: Aug 7 2012, 05:05 PM

Horror

Well it's been a while since I've had any Daemon updates, I haven't forgotten our evil little beasts though; here's some pictures smile.gif

(each is a link to my daemon gallery, where there's a couple more shots).

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I'll be doing some reviews/tutorials for them soon, however before I write anything properly I may as well say that all of these kits are absolutely brilliant from a painting and modelling perspective, none of them goes under 9/10 for me.
JonathanC
Posted: Aug 7 2012, 06:05 PM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,672

These all look great Byronic, particularly the chariot which looks a lot better than the GW painted one! I just hope mine turns out half as good when I finally get around to painting it (and assembling it. And buying it for that matter.....).

--------------------
Come on Tzeentch!

Do you like words and pictures arranged together to tell a story? If so, check out my battle report thread here.
Byronic
Posted: Aug 8 2012, 05:26 AM

Horror

QUOTE (JonathanC @ Aug 7 2012, 06:05 PM)
These all look great Byronic, particularly the chariot which looks a lot better than the GW painted one! I just hope mine turns out half as good when I finally get around to painting it (and assembling it. And buying it for that matter.....).

Cheers Jonathan smile.gif I used exactly the same technique as I used for my daemonette tutorial linked in the first post if that's of any use.

Feel free to buy them from Element Games where the images are hosted, I hear they're the best online retailer in the UK!... Sorry, couldn't help myself smile.gif. We've got them at 20%off for the next few days, so they're pretty cheap. Gratuitous plug over blink.gif blink.gif .

I am currently working on a tutorial for the screamers and nurglings, once one of the is done I'll paint the plaguebearers, somehow I have to fit this all in around painting 3000points of necrons for a client, the world is a busy place at the moment!

I'll post up links to the tutorials/reviews as soon as they're up, cheers for looking guys, I'll probably also make a new post, as you can't change thread titles on this forum, which is a bit annoying as mine is slightly out of date smile.gif

Byron
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Topic OptionsPages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1805 seconds | Archive