Just to throw so gas on these embers...
We interpret the Mucus rule as follows.
(Usuing previous example)
1. White lions do 4 wounds to GUO
2. GUO does 7 wounds to White lions.
3. End combat (After stomps and everything but BEFORE CR is tallied) 4 White lions (Assuming 4 are touching his base) models take 4 T tests. (Adds to GUO CR if test is failed however no more than 4 CR can be added because no more than 4 models can die from these tests)
4. Tally up CR. (For arguement sake we'll say the White lions win combat and the resulting DoC LD roll causes 1 more wound to the GUO)
5. each White lion currently in BtB contact with the GUO take a T test and combat is over. (any White Lions that die from these tests Dont add to GUO CR because that part of the phase is over)
6. Plot VENGENCE