Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Daemonic Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

Pestilent mucus.
Lord Tremendous
Posted: May 4 2012, 08:05 PM

Bloodletter

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,065

Just to throw so gas on these embers... evil.gif
We interpret the Mucus rule as follows.

(Usuing previous example)

CC

1. White lions do 4 wounds to GUO

2. GUO does 7 wounds to White lions.

3. End combat (After stomps and everything but BEFORE CR is tallied) 4 White lions (Assuming 4 are touching his base) models take 4 T tests. (Adds to GUO CR if test is failed however no more than 4 CR can be added because no more than 4 models can die from these tests)

4. Tally up CR. (For arguement sake we'll say the White lions win combat and the resulting DoC LD roll causes 1 more wound to the GUO)

5. each White lion currently in BtB contact with the GUO take a T test and combat is over. (any White Lions that die from these tests Dont add to GUO CR because that part of the phase is over)

6. Plot VENGENCE

-Tremendous

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
brother_maynard
Posted: May 4 2012, 09:06 PM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,484

lol, the FAQ says the tests are taken at the end of the phase. if you have your opponent take them at any other time, i'm afraid you're cheating Tremendous-

QUOTE (Daemons of Chaos @ Update 1.4)
Q. When are the effects of Pestilent Mucus resolved? (p94)
A. At the end of the Close Combat phase.

there's no way around this ruling, it is official as it gets. if you guys want to play it fast and loose with certain rules, that's fine. but you are changing the way the gift works, which i think is rather surprising given the vehement argument you've made in the ETC thread on their doing the same tongue.gif

--------------------
Lord Tremendous
Posted: May 6 2012, 06:14 PM

Bloodletter

No no no, Brother Maynard I think were doing it at the same time I just worded it poorly.

We do all CC T-Tests at the end of combat. I just kinda copy / pasted the earlier example cause I'm lazy.

Are you trying to say you dont add the wounds caused by mucus towards CR? If so... ehhhhhh...... I guess I could get there... but yea, my group counts any wounds caused by failed tests (No more than 1 per model wounded due to those tests however) towards CR for the GUO.

Oh, and ETC is still garbage. lol smile.gif

-Tremendous

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
brother_maynard
Posted: May 6 2012, 07:39 PM

Greater Daemon

Calculating CR is done before the mucus T tests are taken, so they can't count towards it.

--------------------
Lord Tremendous
Posted: May 6 2012, 09:41 PM

Bloodletter

Hmm... Well, cant really argue it. Looks like I have been doing my T-tests correctly but shouldn't be counting the wounds caused towards CR. So here's a quandry then,

What if the opponent flees or if I'm destroyed by CR? When does he take the T-tests? Are they taken after CR is determined and break tests / instability rolls are done? Or just, literally, at the very end of the phase?

Must admit I'm a tad embarressed. wacko.gif

ETC is still lame however. evil.gif lol!

-Tremendous

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
brother_maynard
Posted: May 6 2012, 10:11 PM

Greater Daemon

What if the opponent flees or if I'm destroyed by CR? When does he take the T-tests? Are they taken after CR is determined and break tests / instability rolls are done? Or just, literally, at the very end of the phase?

the FAQ says at the end of the phase. so that's after all CR has been calculated, all break tests have been taken, and flee moves have been resolved. when all of these have been accomplished, all enemy models in base contact with the GUO take T tests. if there are no enemies in b2b at this point (because they broke and fled, or your GUO is not on the table anymore), then no T tests are taken because the most basic requirement for the tests (enemies in base contact) is not being satisfied.

--------------------
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1511 seconds | Archive