Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Daemonic Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

2500 pt Mono Tzeentch
Azazel
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 06:13 PM

Lil' Nurgling

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,123

The Azure Astromagi of Arcane Anniliation

LORDS

1 x Lord of Change
- Level 4 Wizard
- Power Vortex
- Master of Sorcery (Lore of Shadow)

HEROES

1 x Herald of Tzeentch
- Battle Standard Bearer
- Great Standard of Sundering
- Master of Sorcery (Lore of Life)

CORE

40 x Horrors of Tzeentch (Horde Formation)
- Musician
- Standard Bearer
- The Changeling

40 x Horrors of Tzeentch (Horde Formation)
- Musician
- Standard Bearer (Standard of Change)
- Iridescent Horror

SPECIAL

6 x Screamers of Tzeentch

RARE

6 x Flamers of Tzeentch
6 x Flamers of Tzeentch

ARMY TOTAL - 2498

What do you think? I only play against O&G, Mono Khorne Daemons and Empire in my gaming group. Would like to play against new opponents with different armies in the future though.
JonathanC
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 06:26 PM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,672

I'd split the Screamers into 2 units personally, and I certainly wouldn't commit yourself to running the Pink Horrors in horde formation. At least one of those units should be deep for steadfast breaking. Dropping a couple of Horrors for a Spellbreaker on the Herald would be a good idea too, and maybe swapping lore of life for Beasts to help your Horrors actually kill stuff in combat rather than just die slower.

--------------------
Come on Tzeentch!

Do you like words and pictures arranged together to tell a story? If so, check out my battle report thread here.
bonesaww666
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 06:48 PM

Plaguerider

Member No.: 2,989

LoBeasts has some great synergy with a GDoT also, combine the aforementioned tactic for the PH's along with Shadow Debuff's and they could become quite handy in combat.

--------------------
Follow The Dread Host of Berelith Fell Hand through the Blood in the Badlands Campaign!
http://z7.invisionfree.com/wyrmling_x/inde...0#entry11881810
themanbelow
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 04:12 AM

Plaguebearer

Member No.: 2,460

would it be wrong to suggest adding skulltaker?
DaemonReign
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 08:21 AM

The Eternal Bloodletter

Group: Heralds
Member No.: 2,658

- I wouldn't get Master of Sorcery at all for the LoC. He's got the full Tzeentch Lore (actually a good Lore then..) and that includes Boon of Tzeentch which you'll be needed desperately.

- I second what the others said about the Beast Lore and deploying the Horrors in Horde formation.

- You should also make sure to have a Herald in each Horror-block. The Herald that would go with the Changeling could have another Power Vortex while the other unit could sport the BeastLore-Herald, for example.

- Probably a good idea to split the Screamers, yes.

Where to free up points for this?
- Probably blasphemous to a lot of people, but I'd drop the Magic Levels on the LoC. You got two Level 4 'dispellers' anyway.
- Drop a Flamer from each of those units.

That should free up enough points to make these required changes.

You'll win any game in the Magic Phase, or get stomped. It's that simply in my experience.

--------------------
bonesaww666
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 01:37 PM

Plaguerider

I think LoT is rather underestimated in its utility, if I were running a mono-Tzeentch list it generally looks something like this...

Lords
Lord Of Change (500)
Level 3 Wizard.

Heroes
Herald Of Tzeentch (140)
Power Vortex.

Herald Of Tzeentch (165)
Power Vortex; MoS (Beasts).

Herald Of Tzeentch (140)
Power Vortex.

Core
30 Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (390)
Musician; Iridescent Horror; Standard Bearer.

20 Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (252)
Standard Bearer.

20 Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (252)
Standard Bearer.

Special
3 Screamers Of Tzeentch (90)

Rare
3 Flamers Of Tzeentch (105)

3 Flamers Of Tzeentch (105)

2,319 points

Then you season to your liking, with 3 PV's and 7 channels per round your magic and dispel phase is going to be strong no matter what you do. I recommend 3 units of Screamers as you will need all the redirecting/march blocking powers at your disposal. You will win in the magic phase(where it counts!), even throwing away ones Flamers shouldn't be out of the question! Blast away till magic dice run out then try Glean and keep going!

Use the spell of furious characterness on your LoC first as people will believe you have some dastardly plan up your sleeve then buff your unit of choice, run a refused flank and pray that your kamikazes (Screamers) can tie them down for a bit while you pound the tar out of the other side with MM's. Leave one unit in front to slow progress of a unit creating something akin to a traffic jam, while the other 2 pass over units; rinse and repeat (-1 unit per turn of course!).

Use your LoC to bind up a rather useless and harmless Horde for the remainder of the battle once things get "close" and he really shouldn't die, or tackle something more heinous like Knights all depends on the opponent.

Any inane MM's should be cast with the unit, not the Herald as you will need as many wounds as possible a 4+ ward only gets you so far! Remember the other 2 Heralds get open access to LoT so you may end up with 2 (LoC and HoT w/ Glean)

In hindsight I may drop a Vortex...

--------------------
Follow The Dread Host of Berelith Fell Hand through the Blood in the Badlands Campaign!
Noisy Assassin
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 03:59 PM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,601

QUOTE (bonesaww666 @ Apr 27 2012, 01:37 PM)
In hindsight I may drop a Vortex...

You actually HAVE to drop a Vortex. Your Beasts Tzerald has 55 points in gifts.

--------------------
Demons need love too...hugs for everyone!
(>^_^)>

When life gives you lemons, BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

8th Edition W/D/L Records with Daemons:
- 7th ed book: 21/1/5
- 8th ed book: 11/0/2
bonesaww666
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 04:26 PM

Plaguerider

Lol, I was just plowing through... Good catch though!

--------------------
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1689 seconds | Archive