InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Daemonic Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Mono God Daemons, Which is the most viable?
eversilentone
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 04:50 PM

Lil' Nurgling

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,117

I've read quite a few posts here and looked at the army lists and whilst it seems (understandably) that mono god armies are less powerful, it's the way I want to roll smile.gif That said, I do want to try and have some chance of winning every now and then.

So, as per the title, which of the four gods works best when working solo? It seems that Khorne is probably the most solid with all options being viable, but Fiends and KoS can make for a nasty army. I take it mono Tzeentch is just a no go? I'm deterred from mono Nugle just because PBs aren't plastic but could be persuaded. I mostly want an army that will look decent and be painted quickly so I can game whilst I work on other projects.

Many thanks for your help, it's appreciated =D
DaemonReign
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 05:07 PM

The Eternal Bloodletter

Group: Heralds
Member No.: 2,658

I've played around with MonoGod lists a little bit. If you click on my sig you'll find a few BatReps that feature MonoGod armies (at least two I believe).

MonoTzeentch is the only Mark I've yet to win a game with.
I beat Dwarves with MonoNurgle in one of those reports, but that was thanks to a lot of luck.
I beat a MonoKhorne army with a MonoSlaanesh list in the last BatRep I posted here on the Legion.

Basically all Four have definate strengths and weaknesses, but I'd say MonoTzeentch is the hardest to pull off - where-as I'd be pressed to place the other 3 in some sort of definate ranking.. It will depend so much on what's on the other side of the table.

--------------------
eversilentone
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 05:12 PM

Lil' Nurgling

QUOTE (DaemonReign @ Apr 23 2012, 05:07 PM)
Basically all Four have definate strengths and weaknesses, but I'd say MonoTzeentch is the hardest to pull off - where-as I'd be pressed to place the other 3 in some sort of definate ranking.. It will depend so much on what's on the other side of the table.

Thanks for your quick response. Let's say against Ogres, which would you pick? They seem to be flavour of the month. No KB from the 'letters, no stomps from the Fiends or Juggers, regen and poison would be handy but no easy targets for Nurglings. Any of that on track? And thanks, I'll check out your battle reports now smile.gif
brother_maynard
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 05:26 PM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,484

my mono slaanesh list slaps ogres around surprisingly

--------------------
eversilentone
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 05:30 PM

Lil' Nurgling

Thanks brother_maynard, Slaanesh is my current leaning as no magic at all with Khorne seems a disadvantage too many. I just wish Seekers were... decent?
JonathanC
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 05:34 PM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,672

I actually tried out a 2k mono-Nurgle list a few months ago and ended up using it against Ogres. The list was an all-comers list rather than tailored to fight them, but still did pretty well. If you want to see the list and read a short batrep click here.

I wouldn't say Khorne is the most solid as a proper mono-Khorne army has no magic or shooting of course, so is a bit limited. However unlike the others all the actual units are viable options, so it is solid in that regard. Along with Nurgle, I think a mono-Khorne army might be the best option against Ogres - just make sure you prioritise your dispelling on the augment spells and take all your proper fighting units in decent sizes. Twenty Bloodletters probably aren't going to last long if charged by 6 Ogres, but 30 should do fine. Support units can get away with being a bit smaller however.

What game size are you likely to be playing?

EDIT: Ah, I see theres been more posts since I started typing. Bit surprised mono-Slaanesh does so well against them but then I don't have experience of that to compare with.

--------------------
Come on Tzeentch!

Do you like words and pictures arranged together to tell a story? If so, check out my battle report thread here.
eversilentone
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 05:38 PM

Lil' Nurgling

My plan is to start going to UK tournaments which are all 2400 points iirc? There are stupid comp rules too, but nothing I can't live with. But yeah, at that level I'm looking at enemies having a level 4 and a level 2 wizard at least, so some magic of my own would be nice. Thought that would mainly come from a level 2 KoS (Spirit Swallower just seems too good not to take!). Thanks for your battle report, just looking through DaemonReign's at the moment then I'll check out yours.
JonathanC
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 05:46 PM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,672

Well if its Throne of Skulls at GWHQ your thinking of they are 2k. A lot of other tournaments like SCGT and Maelstroms are often 2400pts though (these are often comped as you say). I'm actually going to one in Exeter in a few weeks which is 1500pts (fairly popular size for one-day events). smile.gif

--------------------
Come on Tzeentch!

Do you like words and pictures arranged together to tell a story? If so, check out my battle report thread here.
eversilentone
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 05:50 PM

Lil' Nurgling

Yeah Throne of Skulls is possible but mostly the SCGT and other tournaments are what I'm after, rather than a total cheese-fest smile.gif I'm more of a social gamer so am under no illusions that I'll be haunting the top tables in any given tournament lol
brother_maynard
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 06:14 PM

Greater Daemon

QUOTE (eversilentone @ Apr 23 2012, 05:30 PM)
Thanks brother_maynard, Slaanesh is my current leaning as no magic at all with Khorne seems a disadvantage too many. I just wish Seekers were... decent?

this is a vid of my army in action vs ogres. it hadn't evolved to its final pure slaanesh form at the time but it will give you a good idea of how to go about taking ogres down with S3 nettes tongue.gif

also be sure to check out the seeker thread, there's lots of anti-ogre info on the last 2 pages.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1nu4taDs5A

--------------------
eversilentone
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 05:40 AM

Lil' Nurgling

Thanks for that, and great battle report. I'll check out the Seeker thread now. What does your final Slaanesh army look like?
brother_maynard
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 06:24 AM

Greater Daemon

keeper
siren song, torment blade, level 4 or
spirit swallower, level 2

herald of slaanesh BSB
steed, icon of despair

herald
etherblade

herald
siren song, torment blade

24 daemonettes
full command, banner of ecstasy

20 daemonettes
full command

5 furies

6 seekers
champ, siren standard

5 seekers
muso

fiend

6 fiends

for tournaments, i usually drop one of the heralds on foot (usually the one with the siren song since most likely gifts will be 0-1) and add a herald of tzeentch with wings and either lore of fire, beasts, or shadow. if i drop the siren herald, i also put the ecstasy banner on the smaller nette unit and drop the champ from it as well.

--------------------
LAV-Kitsune-
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 05:21 PM

Lovely Fox Spirit

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,592

Full Nurgle can be extremely powerful unless your opponent brings shadow/death lore and those I tests. Nurgle is resilient and has awesome magic and perhaps the best monster/character slaying capabilities. Downside is that it can be bit boring to play, as its very slow and theres not much manouvring options. Ld bombing is also very fun as people have said, so I will not explain that more.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0992 seconds | Archive