Create a free forum in seconds.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Daemonic Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (6) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Nurglesque Count-as
Saintspirit
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 06:52 AM

Plaguebearer

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,366

Been thinking about making a mono-nurgle army, however on another topic it was pointed out that in 8th there are several spells depending on taking initiative tests, which can kill a complete block of plaguebearers in one turn. So I was thinking that maybe I should add some other kind of daemons as well, just nurglified (note that I am not gonna use anything that uses lore of tzeentch or slaanesh, though perhaps a HoT with MoS (Death/Life)). I was thinking something like this:

- Daemonettes: Dryads
- Bloodletters: Pestigors (These, in case you hadn't seen them)
- Screamers: Terradons? Carrions? Think carrions are better...
- Bloodcrushers: PB:s on either Rot Beasts or Plague Toads
- Bloodthirster: Gorger? Ogre Butcher? (with wings, then) Jabberslythe?

How does that looks (as for now)? Haven't came up with anything particular otherwise yet, but if you have some ideas, feel free to come with suggestions.

Oh and that's right, I will most likely use this as my blog when I have begun for real.

--------------------
QUOTE ("Mick Bladder")
I'll never be - your Beast of Nurgle...
LAV-Kitsune-
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 11:03 AM

Lovely Fox Spirit

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,592

If you're up for some converting there is good tips on this section on how to convert Plaguebearers from Bloodletters and full army made of beastmen for example. Following those you could easily make some nice Nurgle themed units. Colour theme and some green stuff does wonders so you dont have to have complete models for all of your units.
Saintspirit
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 11:35 AM

Plaguebearer

Ah well, I don't exactly have any problems with the current plaguebearers, so I thoght I'd use them as they are now. It is manely the daemons of other gods I planned to convert from something else. Perhaps the new Wargheists could be used as something (supposedly with some greenstuff on their faces)?

Also, here's the first pestilent cleaver (or whatever they will be called, instead of bloodletters):
user posted image
user posted image
Note that by now, it has gained some yellow static grass as well.

--------------------
QUOTE ("Mick Bladder")
Talonz
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 12:46 PM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 1,456

Jabber as BT eh? I'd like to see some serious wings added for that! I approve of the pestilent cleaver too.
Saintspirit
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 02:39 PM

Plaguebearer

QUOTE (Talonz @ Apr 23 2012, 12:46 PM)
Jabber as BT eh? I'd like to see some serious wings added for that!

Perhaps, though I would most likely use it for my beastmen as well, and would then prefer it to be a regular jabber. It wouldn't be a 'thirster, rather a winged greater daemon of nurgle of some sort.

I approve of the pestilent cleaver too.

The name, model, or both? Thanks, in any case!'

Here's the musician of the unit:
user posted image
user posted image

--------------------
QUOTE ("Mick Bladder")
JonathanC
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 05:51 PM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,672

The only problem with a Jabberslythe being used for both Daemons and Beastmen is that they are on different base sizes. Otherwise it fits the theme you are going for much better than a winged Gorger would imo.

Like the Pestigors as Bloodletters idea, and I think your off to a good start with the painting. smile.gif

--------------------
Come on Tzeentch!

Do you like words and pictures arranged together to tell a story? If so, check out my battle report thread here.
Saintspirit
Posted: May 7 2012, 06:23 AM

Plaguebearer

Thank you. I will probably build up this army quite slow, starting with just some plaguebearers, a herald and then bloodlepers (better name that pestilent cleavers, IMO), so the pus-thirster wink.gif will have to wait.

That aside, I here have the two first plaguebearers:
user posted image

--------------------
QUOTE ("Mick Bladder")
Noisy Assassin
Posted: May 7 2012, 08:31 AM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,601

Wow, these are looking really cool. I always love seeing counts as armies for the different Powers.

Oh, and if you want inspiration for a Nurglesque looking Jabber-thirster, check out Colonel's army log here.

--------------------
Demons need love too...hugs for everyone!
(>^_^)>

When life gives you lemons, BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

8th Edition W/D/L Records with Daemons:
- 7th ed book: 21/1/5
- 8th ed book: 11/0/2
Saintspirit
Posted: May 10 2012, 04:40 AM

Plaguebearer

Thank you.

I am working on converting a HoN here, thinking about making a cooler plaguesword of some sort and I also remembered this helmet I made a while ago from two CSM shoulderpads; as such a was wondering, does it look good or just silly?
user posted image
user posted image

Note that it is very likely to get some other armaments of verious kinds, not sure what though.

--------------------
QUOTE ("Mick Bladder")
gjnoronh
Posted: May 10 2012, 07:10 AM

Lord of the Skull Throne

Group: Admin
Member No.: 126

scaling is too far off.

You might be able to get a converted ogre onto a 25mm base and use that helmet (because I think the helmet is really cool)

When Ogre Kingdoms was originally released there was a nice conversion in White Dwarf where someone converted one of the bull plastics into a ghoul king lord on a 25mm as I recall

--------------------

It's pretty hypocritical to deride GW for valuing their pocketbooks over what's good for the growth of the hobby while you are buying on ebay and playing in your friendly local gaming store.
Noisy Assassin
Posted: May 10 2012, 08:38 AM

Greater Daemon

I agree, the helmet is really cool but too big. Using an ogre as the base model would also give you something that looks much more distinct from the rest of your PBs and a chance for the nice fat Nurgle feel. And buying a single ogre model on eBay is relatively cheap and easy.

--------------------
(>^_^)>

Saintspirit
Posted: May 10 2012, 02:13 PM

Plaguebearer

Hmm allright, I'll take that into consideration, I might even buy a whole set of ogres as I play WoC as well; I'll see what I do. But whatever happens, if this guy will become a (lowly) herald, he won't have the helmet.

--------------------
QUOTE ("Mick Bladder")
Sherlocko
Posted: May 11 2012, 02:55 AM

Pleasureseeker

Member No.: 776

I concur the people saying it is off, but I think you can make it work if you want to. The thing that makes it "too" big is that it spills over his shoulders. If you give him a neck thus putting the helmet a bit higher I think it may actually work...... smile.gif
Saintspirit
Posted: May 11 2012, 09:06 AM

Plaguebearer

Something like this?

user posted image

--------------------
QUOTE ("Mick Bladder")
Noisy Assassin
Posted: May 11 2012, 09:33 AM

Greater Daemon

It definitely looks better now, but I would still use something like a WoC helmet for this model instead and save that helmet for something a little larger.

--------------------
(>^_^)>

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Topic OptionsPages: (6) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1627 seconds | Archive