InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to The Daemonic Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

2000pts Tournament List
AlexHeap
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 03:34 PM

Lil' Nurgling

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,037

Having just finished my local fantasy doubles tournament it's time to prepare for the fantasy singles in a few months time. Here's my 1000pts list that I took to the Doubles tournament:

-------------------------
Hero:
Herald of Tzeentch: Master of Sorcery (Lore of Light)
Herald of Khorne
240pts

Core:
37 Bloodletters: Full command, Icon of Endless War
499pts

Rare:
4 Flamers of Tzeentch
1 Fiend of Slaanesh
1 Fiend of Slaanesh
250pts

Total: 989pts

This list performed superbly in the doubles tournament and I managed to come home with the trophy for third place. Should have been 1st but our opponents in the final game conceded turn 1. We got the points for the win but missed out on all the bonus points you could get during the game which ended up costing us both first and second place.

For the singles tournament I'm going to have to increase this list to 2000pts. Here's what I've come up with so far:

Lord:
Keeper of Secrets: Siren Song, Torment Blade
480pts

Hero:
Herald of Tzeentch: Master of Sorcery (Lore of Shadows), Winged Horror
Herald of Khorne: Armour of Khorne, BSB
Herald of Slaanesh: Siren Song
415pts

Core:
34 Bloodletters: Full command, Icon of Endless War
24 Daemonettes: Full command
781pts

Rare:
6 Flamers of Tzeentch
1 Fiend of Slaanesh
1 Fiend of Slaanesh
320pts

Total: 1996pts

Lore of Shadows is to give the Keeper a potential 40" move turn 1 so I can get him anywhere I want him causing havoc (Definitely going to miss lore of light though as it was amazing in the doubles tournament) Wings on the HoZ to put the Icon of Great Despair where it's needed the most and to let him get away quickly and hide if it looks like he's in trouble.

Any comments and critiques would be greatly appreciated.

--------------------
I'm the owner of The WAAAGH Studios, a commission painting service, so if you have any commission work you want doing don't hesitate to message me or check out

My Website - user posted image
Noisy Assassin
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 05:27 PM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,601

Wow, your 2K list is remarkably similar to one that I ran a small 3 game tournament awhile back. I cut little things here and there (some Bletters, a Flamer, the Great Icon, Soul Hunger) to fit in 3 Nurgling bases and a unit of 5 Furies. I also ran Beasts instead of Shadow. With the Keeper and the 'Nettes, Beasts is a crazy good lore for this build, especially given how Siren Song lets you chose your fights.

--------------------
Demons need love too...hugs for everyone!
(>^_^)>

When life gives you lemons, BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

8th Edition W/D/L Records with Daemons:
- 7th ed book: 21/1/5
- 8th ed book: 11/0/2
Cyberactivity
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 03:51 PM

Plaguebearer

Member No.: 2,095

For 500pts your much better off with Bloodthirster, AoK, Rerolls. In nearly everyway its better than the Keeper.

I would personally not have the HoTz as the BSB as he is quite vulnerable.
JonathanC
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 05:10 PM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,672

Personally I think the Keeper is very useful, having used the same build as part of my 2k army. Its the gifts that do it, Soul Hunger being great against monsters and other tough units, while Siren Song means they can't really escape you.

The rest of the list looks good, although perhaps lacking a bit in endurance (mostly T3 troops or single model units). Hopefully their speed will make up for that. Character spend is quite high too (nearly 50% of your army). Like NoisyA said I would consider Lore of Beasts, and Nurglings would compliment the rest of your list nicely if you can squeeze them in.

I don't like HoT's as BSB's either, but I can see in your case its necessary for you to get full use of Despair Icon. I'm not really a fan of that Icon myself, but without more dedicated combat units you can't afford to get bogged down I suppose and will need to break the enemy sooner rather than later.

--------------------
Come on Tzeentch!

Do you like words and pictures arranged together to tell a story? If so, check out my battle report thread here.
AlexHeap
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 11:31 AM

Lil' Nurgling

Thanks for the replies guys biggrin.gif

@Noisy Assassin: How did you do in the tournament? I have been considering Beasts and I think it's mostly going to come down to playtesting to see which I prefer as so far the only one I've used is Light.

@Cyberactivity: I don't really agree with you there. With Siren Song the Keeper can go hunting key enemy units and force them to charge him. With Steed of Shadows providing a potential 40" move he's going to be in position to Siren Song exactly what I want on turn one. If he's in combat straight away that's also less turns cannons can fire at him and he provides another channel for power/dispel dice.

@JonathanC: I'm starting to agree about the HoZ as the BSB. Being the BSB and my main caster is just going to make him a massive target so I think I'll change it to the HoK.

I'm also considering dropping Soul Hunger on the Keeper and replacing it with a Torment Blade. Am I right in thinking that gives him an extra attack for having an additional hand weapon?

--------------------
I'm the owner of The WAAAGH Studios, a commission painting service, so if you have any commission work you want doing don't hesitate to message me or check out

bonesaww666
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 12:39 PM

Plaguerider

Member No.: 2,989

That's how I play it, logically speaking it is the only weapon that declares itself as a hand weapon. Plus it's nice when you blade a guy out of his retaliation! Just finished doing that my last game against a Tyrant with a Slaanesh Herald, I may have caused only one wound but it worked out nicely when he couldn't strike back.

--------------------
Follow The Dread Host of Berelith Fell Hand through the Blood in the Badlands Campaign!
http://z7.invisionfree.com/wyrmling_x/inde...0#entry11881810
AlexHeap
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 04:58 PM

Lil' Nurgling

That's good to know biggrin.gif

I've updated the list above changing a few things around removing the Great Icon and adding some more Daemonettes, a flamer and giving the Keeper a Torment Blade instead of Soul Hunger. BSB has also been changed from the HoT to the HoK.

--------------------

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0909 seconds | Archive