zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Daemonic Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

(OT) Ogre Monty Python Army, Had to share
gjnoronh
Posted: Apr 15 2012, 06:22 AM

Lord of the Skull Throne

Group: Admin
Member No.: 126

--------------------

It's pretty hypocritical to deride GW for valuing their pocketbooks over what's good for the growth of the hobby while you are buying on ebay and playing in your friendly local gaming store.
Sherlocko
Posted: Apr 15 2012, 07:59 AM

Pleasureseeker

Group: Members
Member No.: 776

That was quite insane...in a good way. Thanks for the link. smile.gif
Noisy Assassin
Posted: Apr 15 2012, 10:14 AM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,601

Holy (lots of non-family friendly words I can't say on this forum)! That's absolutely amazing on so many levels. And to think that if I hadn't thought that Adepticon was later in the summer I would have gotten tickets on time and been able to see this in person...dagnabbit!

--------------------
Demons need love too...hugs for everyone!
(>^_^)>

When life gives you lemons, BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

8th Edition W/D/L Records with Daemons:
- 7th ed book: 21/1/5
- 8th ed book: 11/0/2
DaemonReign
Posted: Apr 15 2012, 12:06 PM

The Eternal Bloodletter

Group: Heralds
Member No.: 2,658

Hey that's awesome, thanks gjnoronh for spotting this one for us..

But I have to ask.. Are you trying to make the regular posters in the plog-subsection of this Forum feel inadequate? wink.gif

--------------------
God of war
Posted: Apr 15 2012, 02:33 PM

Bloodcrusher

Member No.: 1,570

Ogres lend themselves to fantastic armies everywhere. This one is awesome! Excellent idea and brilliantly painted.

Big applause pray.gif
Saintspirit
Posted: Apr 15 2012, 03:13 PM

Plaguebearer

Member No.: 2,366

Absolutely amazing, both in converting and painting, though I am missing the Legendary Black Beast of Aaaaaarrrghh!

user posted image

--------------------
QUOTE ("Mick Bladder")
I'll never be - your Beast of Nurgle...
JonathanC
Posted: Apr 15 2012, 06:31 PM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,672

Thats an absolutely stunning army. Had a similar idea myself ages ago, only for a Bretonnian army instead (the Knights were going to be foot knights followed by a squire with coconut halves on a single cavalry base). Seeing it done as an Ogre army instead is an interesting choice that works surprisingly well.

Hard to pick a favourite out of that lot, but I think Tim looks particularly good. smile.gif

Oh, and he should do a Black Beast Thundertusk to complete the army.

--------------------
Come on Tzeentch!

Do you like words and pictures arranged together to tell a story? If so, check out my battle report thread here.
gjnoronh
Posted: Apr 15 2012, 06:43 PM

Lord of the Skull Throne

Group: Admin
Member No.: 126

Loving it - no I just have had more warhammer internet time than usual the last few weeks (but not this weekend) and have been surfing for painting inspiration more.

--------------------

It's pretty hypocritical to deride GW for valuing their pocketbooks over what's good for the growth of the hobby while you are buying on ebay and playing in your friendly local gaming store.
Legion
Posted: Apr 15 2012, 07:37 PM

Plaguerider

Member No.: 1,871

QUOTE (Noisy Assassin @ Apr 15 2012, 10:14 AM)
...dagnabbit!

Don't you mean "...dagrabbit!" tongue.gif Yeah, I know, that was a real stretch.

ANYWHO!!!

I'm not sure if seeing this is inspiring or just depressing since I know I'll never ever ever ever ever ever (is that enough evers???) be able to model/paint any army to that kind of standard.

Kudos to that person for having the sheer strength of will to pull that off!! Rock_emoticon.gif pray.gif

@JonathanC - I do believe that White Dwarf had a Holy Grail Brett army in one of their issues a LONG time ago. There's a link in the Painting Gallery Thread under the "Not daemons but just great" title that had at one time gone to that army but it appears the guy let the domain name expire so the link is broken at the moment. Hopefully he'll renew the name and the link will start working again.

--------------------
People say that love is the best feeling. I think finding a toilet when you have diarrhea is even better.
the morbid angel
Posted: Jul 1 2012, 02:09 AM

Lil' Nurgling

Member No.: 3,160

in one word... AMAZING! pray.gif , even my gf was speechless biggrin.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3770 seconds | Archive