zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to The Daemonic Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

can't decide between two lists!
Jack Shrapnel
Posted: Apr 13 2012, 06:11 PM

Daemonette

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,753

Have a 1500 point tourney coming up and trying to decide between two lists.... thoughts?

List one: Princes

HQ:

Keeper of secrets: sophoric musk

Herald of Tzeentch on chariot: master of sorcery, bolt

Herald of Tzeentch on chariot: master of sorcery, bolt

Troops:

5 plaguebearers
5 plaguebearers
5 plaguebearers
5 plaguebearers

Elite:

5 fiends
5 fiends
6 bloodcrushers

Heavy:

daemon prince
daemon prince
daemon prince

1500 points

List Two: Grinders

HQ:

Herald of Tzeentch - chariot, Master of sorcery, bolt, we are legion
Herald of Tzeentch - chariot, Master of sorcery, bolt, we are legion

Troops:

5 plaguebearers
5 plaguebearers
5 plaguebearers
5 plaguebearers

Elite:

5 fiends
5 fiends
5 bloodcrushers

Heavy:

Soul grinder with phlegm
Soul grinder with phlegm
Soul grinder with phlegm

1500 points

would appreciate any feedback you can give me!
deviant cadaver
Posted: Apr 14 2012, 04:41 AM

Daemon Prince

Member No.: 2,377

Is there anything on the daemon princes?

List 1 dropping a crusher for wound allocation on the rest and making the daemon princes tzeench with bolt dropping the 3rd prince if need be would be solid. If the princes already have upgrades then some points shifted to get a BT with blessing and might would help with GK the wings over fleet help a lot too.
Jack Shrapnel
Posted: Apr 14 2012, 08:42 AM

Daemonette

Princes have zero upgrades at all... idea was more MC bodies for target saturation... as tzeentch with bolt on two means giving up a whole MC!

deviant cadaver
Posted: Apr 14 2012, 02:20 PM

Daemon Prince

Could drop 2 PB and make all three tzeench. Id rather have 2 useful MC then 3 that can only take out non combat units.

Besides your ranged anti tank consist of 2 S8 shots.

SM turn 1: they pop smoke/ spread out.

DC turn 1 come down fail to pop tank.

SM turn 2: move assault unit in tank 12" to front. small arms shoot fiends and Tzech heralds large to crushers and keeper.

DC turn 2: charge and destroy assault unit's transport, DS new units to try and block off movement of tanks.

SM turn 3: distance tanks from DC, shoot down then assault. Leaving another tank with another assault unit that has moved 12.

DC turn 3: repeat turn 2.

Over all the daemon princes can just be ignored till fiends , heralds and maybe keep are dead. Bodies don't add saturation threats do.
JonathanC
Posted: Apr 14 2012, 06:44 PM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,672

I agree with Deviant C here. Quantity may be a quality all of its own, but you'll need some upgrades just to make sure they can fulfill their role properly or aren't easy kill points if playing annihilation missions.

That aside, I think the first list is a bit better with some tweaking. If going for the 3 Grinders though I would definitely swap a phlegm attack for a tongue on one of them.

--------------------
Come on Tzeentch!

Do you like words and pictures arranged together to tell a story? If so, check out my battle report thread here.
Jack Shrapnel
Posted: Apr 14 2012, 10:21 PM

Daemonette

tested out the triple grinder list today... it performed very well in the two games I had...

missed the keeper... but the grinders took alot of fire....
deviant cadaver
Posted: Apr 14 2012, 11:00 PM

Daemon Prince

What did you play ? 3 grinder can work , but it is a big gamble.
Jack Shrapnel
Posted: Apr 15 2012, 07:36 AM

Daemonette

game one was against blood angels, 30 FNP marines with character/priest support, furioso dread in a drop pod and a couple tanks... phlegm just does nasty, nasty things to marines out of transports... had the three grinders, two heralds and crushers drop together in the first wave... ended up tabling him... mission was KP....

game two was against a shrike terminator list with landraider, a couple of scout speeders with heavy flamers and a combi-melta on the sgt. but otherwise it was trying to deal with a landraider and 20 terminators... and it was KP... the grinders were actually the ones that netted me both the landraider and most of the terminators who died.... I ended up losing by one KP... but overall they did really well, and given the speed of his list, he was able to take out some really easy KP's (plaguebearers can't run away quick enough!) and heavy flamers on fiends followed up by fleeting terminator charges doesn't end well for the fiends!

might have just been the lists I faced, but each time I thought "man, I'm glad I didn't play the prince list!"
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2041 seconds | Archive