Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Daemonic Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

How Are You Dealing With The Grey Knights?
Dezartfox
Posted: Mar 25 2012, 05:05 PM

Lil' Nurgling

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,905

So how is everyone coping playing against the GK book?

I had no issues with them until our local GK player started spamming 3 LR's and Warpquake (if you land in the 12" bubble you auto mishap..).

I've found with Daemons that you need to build on the opponents weaknesses, of which GK's have very few.. I managed to beat a duo LR list at 1k by splitting his force up and getting some very lucky rolls..

--------------------
deviant cadaver
Posted: Mar 25 2012, 07:22 PM

Daemon Prince

Member No.: 2,377

It depends on the list. Honestly id rather have land raiders they psycannon spam. 35 str 7 rending shots backed up by death cults. and enough rhinos that they can quake mos of the board.
Dezartfox
Posted: Mar 26 2012, 02:54 AM

Lil' Nurgling

Member No.: 2,905

QUOTE (deviant cadaver @ Mar 25 2012, 07:22 PM)
It depends on the list. Honestly id rather have land raiders they psycannon spam. 35 str 7 rending shots backed up by death cults. and enough rhinos that they can quake mos of the board.

Yeah our GK player sucks.. tongue.gif We did have a good one but he realised that the codex is ridiculous and sold them off.

--------------------
LAV-Kitsune-
Posted: Mar 26 2012, 06:12 AM

Lovely Fox Spirit

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,592

Well, since we deploy all units by deepstrike and none are on the board at the beginning, my strategy is as follows:

1. Let your opponent deploy his whole army
2. Flip the table and crush his models
3. Run
4. Profit

My last 2 40 games were against Gray Knights and those were pretty much most horribly unbalanced games that I had ever played on my gaming history of 15 years. The amount of shooting was astounding and considering that only half of our army deployes at the beginning I really had no clue how to survive even the first 2 turns. And way too much mech to handle for basic daemon army. Daemon princes of Tzeentch worked to some degree as they could bust the tank with shooting and charge the units inside...but thats pretty much it.
JonathanC
Posted: Mar 26 2012, 01:00 PM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,672

I've only played them twice with Daemons so far and its one win, one loss so far (against different opponents). Win was 1500pts against a balanced list, loss was 3k against a Crowe/Purifier/Dreadknight list, with extra Terminators and Stormravens. I think I did better in the smaller game becuase they couldn't muster enough of the nasteier troops.

In theory Crushers should be good against them, but not had much luck so far. Bloodthirsters are good though and can kill Dreadknights even with their gifts nullified. Flesh Hounds are OK for tying up most units for a while if you can get them there, although they won't kill much. Getting your troops to survive a round of shooting and still have enough numbers to effectively hit back is a real problem though. Only Plaguebearers seem to stand a chance of surviving the shooting, but they are hopelessly outclassed in combat thanks to power weapons and hammerhand on nearly every unit.

--------------------
Come on Tzeentch!

Do you like words and pictures arranged together to tell a story? If so, check out my battle report thread here.
Chaos4reaL
Posted: Mar 26 2012, 03:42 PM

Pleasureseeker

Member No.: 2,616

You canīt talk of beating GK unless you are playing some noob! The only chance is a Khorne list but even then itīs just not fun. and fun is the reason I play. I played GK last night and it sucked the fun out of the game completly. If GK play it right every game should be wipeout unless you field all Khorne witch sucks on pretty much everything else. I hate GW for fielding an antiarmie vs one of the weaker and lesser armie in the game. Talkabout kicking someone whos allready down. For my sanity when I draw GK in tournes a walk away and take a beer in the bar instead. Why even play?! It more fun not to, thx GW for making the game better.
deviant cadaver
Posted: Mar 26 2012, 09:47 PM

Daemon Prince

Member No.: 2,377

It comes down to needing two things. 1 some thing that can stand up to the shooting; that we have in crushers. the second thing is something that has an ass ult range greater then 12 in because we can not deep strike closer. The problem is they the things that can do that are either to expensive to put enough down so they don't get shoot off or too flimsy to live through shooting.

If we could have both waves come in at the same time we might have a hope. As is a well made is with a ok player playing it there is not much chance.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1028 seconds | Archive