zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to The Daemonic Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

1500 Double tourney
kaintxu
Posted: Mar 6 2012, 08:01 PM

Daemonette

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,254

Hello, soon I have a doubles tourney i will be attending with my brother.

Due to the armies available, and alliances rules, we are going with VC (him) Daemons (me)

The list i have in mind due to model availability is the following.

Herald of Khorne, armor of khorne 115.
Herald of Tzeentz. MoS and spell breaker 165.
The mask.

Bloodletes, Full command, endless war 523
Furies 60

Soul seekers, musician, standar, siren icon 163.

6 flamers 210.
3 Daemons 165

Total 1500.

What do you think about this list for 1500?

I have anvil & hammer on the same unit (bloodletters), fast things to catch war machines, (furies, the mask, soul seekers) flankers (soul seekers, daemons, flamers) some nice shooting (flamers) and fair magic.

The idea with his army VC is to use some 30-40 zombie bunkers, a hard hitting Vampire lord, a terror heist (which combined with the mask can do some goodies) and such.

All income on my list would be greatly apretiated.

Thanks
kaintxu
Posted: Mar 8 2012, 07:24 PM

Daemonette

Ok so Here is another idea we just had.

2 1500 Daemon lists

LIST 1

Herald of Khorne, BSB, Obsidian Armor 175

40 Bloodletes, Full command, endless war 535
5 Furies 60

Soul seekers, Full comand, siren icon 199.

5 flamers 175
5 flamers 175

Total 1496.

List 2

Herald of Slanesh, Siren Song, Sword 120
Herald of Tzeentch, spell breakers, MoS (Shadows) 165
The Mask 90

39 Daemonetes, Full comand, siren standard 523
5 Furies

6 Hounds of Khorne

6 Fiends

Any input please?
Lord Tremendous
Posted: Mar 8 2012, 10:00 PM

Bloodletter

Member No.: 3,065

Well your 1st list I like minus the Seekers. Fast cav demons are not fast cav. They are EXTREMELY light cav. They lose their feign flight and do nothing to redirect. Hell, a brick of horrors have a better chance in Close combat than the seekers due.

My suggestion with this list is to lose the seekers completely, drop the unit of furies down to 5 and take a unit of 5 flesh hounds. They are infinetly better than seekers, have MR3 which will be insanely important in you team game, and have 2 wounds each which gives you much lee-way and endurance compared to the wretched seekers. /spits

As for the 2nd list. (I know I'm going to draw the wrath of the forum by typing this) anyone who takes Demonettes over Bloodletters is begging to be tabled. Demonettes are a GREAT support unit but to be the main unit for any army list is like depending on Skaven slaves. Piss poor idea that results in much of the carnage comming from your side of the table.

IMO, Your revised list 1 is your best option. and let your buddy play VC. VC / DoC combos are TOUGH!

-Tremendous

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
kaintxu
Posted: Mar 10 2012, 03:13 PM

Daemonette

Lord Tremendous thanks.

Its not between list 1 or list 2 with VC is a list double daemon list, I take list 1, he takes list 2.

Take in mind I donīt own 80 Bloodletter, thats why not both Daemon armies have that core, plus, daemonetes come with the siren song which may com in handy.

What do you think would a good VC list to pair with list one be?
kaintxu
Posted: Mar 14 2012, 04:55 PM

Daemonette

o come on , some more feedback place
zhambah
Posted: Mar 14 2012, 06:41 PM

Plaguerider

Member No.: 2,906

I know this is going to come off rude, but, it can't be helped.

the reason you haven't received much feedback is probably due to the atrocious grammar you are using

example of your first list:
Herald of Khorne, Armour of Khorne 115.
Herald of Tzeentch, MoS and Spell Breaker 165.
The masque

39 Bloodletters, Full command, Icon of Endless War 523
5 Furies 60

5 Seekers of Slaanesh, Musician, Standard Bearer, Siren Stardard 163.

6 Flamers of Tzeentch 210.
3 Fiends of Slaanesh 165

Total 1500.

Now, I'm far from a grammar nazi, but this was you're most coherent post.

Currently I have no idea if you're playing with a partner who plays Daemons or if he plays VC, the first post you state that he's playing VC and in your third post you state that its a double daemon list

I'm afraid I can't advise you more until I understand what it is you need

As far as week points in your army go, you're Seekers of Slaanesh aren't worth their points there is something usually better out there than a Seeker, drop them if you can or use them as "counts as Flesh Hounds"

Also you don't need furies you have 3 Fiends of Slaanesh, that's enough chaff in a 1500pt game, you will just be adding more throw away units to your list if you include them, I would also recommend dropping the masque, you have nothing in your list that demands lots of Leadership rolls so it seems like a waste.

Sorry for my abruptness, but the clearer you make it, the easier it is for us to understand and then give you recommendations
kaintxu
Posted: Mar 19 2012, 08:21 PM

Daemonette

Ok so first of all, sorry for the grammar, but English is not my first language, Iīm Spanish.

From what I see, most underlined stuff is due to caps. I was using caps on every first letters as they are personal names, same as if I say Peter, John, Steve, at least thats how I learned it.

Some names or proper spelling might be wrong but I as I said I play in spanish and I donīt know all the English names, nor my writing is perfect.

So if anyone did not reply due to grammar, well, sorry.

About the list. Our first Idea was to go with DoC/VC but then we decided to go 2x DoC due to model availability since my brotherīs VC army is not painted yet. So take into mind the second post with the 2 daemons lists and thats where I need the advice.

I donīt need counts as, I have 10 flesh hounds, so I can go with them.

Thans for your help Zhambah, and donīt worry about your "abruptness" at least you were clear and I got the chance to explain the reason and you still helped.

So any more advice having cleared the lists topics would come in handy.

And any other who feels like helping as Zhambah or Tremendous, well, would be thanked, not much, but nothing more I can do hehehehe
zhambah
Posted: Mar 19 2012, 09:07 PM

Plaguerider

Right OK, I understand

lets get to work shall we

I take it he's going in the flamer units, out of interest, what lore would you be picking?
Herald of Khorne, BSB, Obsidian Armor 175

Personally, i would choose AoK and FSB, Obsidian Armour is a tad expensive for my taste

40 Bloodletes, Full command, endless war 535

Solid Unit, I wouldn't change it at all
5 Furies 60

Personally i would say your better off with a fiend, they fulfill the same perposes and fiend is 5 points cheaper

Soul seekers, Full Comand, siren icon 199.

These guys need a lot of experience to make sure they shine... it's rare that they earn their points back, so personally i would drop them in favor of hounds or nearly any unit other than screamers have a better chance of doing something useful.

5 flamers 175

5 flamers 175

Two solid units, some people prefer to play in units of 5, and that's their preference, I prefer to take the full six, but its down to play style

List 2

Herald of Slanesh, Siren Song, Sword 120

This is where it gets nasty, in a doubles tournament I would advise against taking daemonettes, they are fest fast but very fragile, they work fine when your playing with yourself, but then you know what your going to sacrifice, I would advise going with a nurgle theme, or as the saying goes "throw more bloodletters at it"
Herald of Tzeentch, spell breakers, MoS (Shadows) 165

Solid, and shadows is a versatile lore i would like to know what other lore you'r playing
The Mask 90

Squishy... waaay to squishy I don't see either list using the -2 leadership banner and you cant use a Keeper of Secrets due to points restrictions
39 Daemonetes, Full comand, siren standard 523

Lind of went over this in the Herald of Slaanesh
5 Furies

As I said before, I prefer fiends

6 Hounds of Khorne

Decent enough unit, no complaints for some reason these guys always perform rather well for me

6 Fiends

Solid unit, though they may take a beating, personally i would choose flamers over these, and or as well as... tough choice, but the first thing i would be going for is these guys, they are the heavy hitters in this list, and they stand out by a mile.

Anyways that's my review of your lists, i hope this helps
kaintxu
Posted: Mar 20 2012, 12:33 PM

Daemonette

Ok, reply here it comes.

I go on one list with 2x 5 Flamers, since I canīt go with 2x 6 35x7 =175, 175x2 = 350points both units of 5, and at 1500, limit is 375, so Iīm just there.

the 6 fiends in there is because I donīt own any more flamers to add to the second list, so I think is the second best choice to go with.

Daemonetes yes, they are squishy, but if you think about how hard the it with shadow, either mind razor or lowering T, I think they can almost obliterate many not heavy units. And with siring song I can attract said units.

The other HoT goes with light,

I could replace the seekers with 5 hounds, i just have 10, so 1 unit for each army. Do hounds perform that well in this edition, I have never used them, so Iīm not that sure.

Thanks a lot
tor
Posted: Mar 20 2012, 04:22 PM

Pleasureseeker

Member No.: 3,015

Hounds are still good, a pitty that they can get stomped. 4*5 Flamers would probably get you some angry looks from other players tongue.gif

"daemonettes, they are fest fast but very fragile, they work fine when your playing with yourself."
Sorry I just canīt help It. I am a grown up person but I still find small Freudian slips like these funny biggrin.gif
zhambah
Posted: Mar 20 2012, 04:59 PM

Plaguerider

yeah 20 flamers would be amazing cheese, but thats the world we live

sorry i didnt take into account

you may be better putting a flamer unit in both lists and splitting the fiends to use as chaff as i see thats something that both lists need.

and yeah hounds perform far better than seekers imo
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1163 seconds | Archive