InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to The Daemonic Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Vampire Counts: Rise of the Ghoul King, 2200 tournament list!
bonesaww666
Posted: Mar 5 2012, 10:49 AM

Plaguerider

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,989

Well I intended to bring my DoC out to Warmasters this year but a lack of painted models seems to have stimied my wet dreams for this year, so VC it is!

Lords
Strigoi Lord (410)
Beguile; Aura Of Dark Majesty; Red Fury; Sword Of Bloodshed.

Heroes
Necromancer (140)
Wizard Level 2; Staff of Damnation (Arcane Item).

Necromancer (125)
Wizard Level 2; Book of Arkhan (Arcane Item).

Cairn Wraith (60)

Cairn Wraith (60)

Core
28 Skeleton Warriors (185)
Standard Bearer (Screaming Banner); Musician.

39 Skeleton Warriors (215)
Standard Bearer; Musician; Spear & Shield.

5 Dire Wolves (40)

28 Zombies (84)

5 Dire Wolves (40)

Special
3 Varghiest (138)

6 Crypt Horror (228)

Rare
Mourtis Engine (220)

Terrorghiest (225)

2,170 points

So the necros will both hunker down in the Zombie Horde behind my legions of skellies raising as many as possible Mourtis Engine provides buffs floating about waiting to assist the Zombies when the inevitable hole gets punched through my line. Vargheist's wrap around the weakest enemy flank and the Crypt Horrors support my Spear skellies, the Vamp runs with my HW and shield ones and they hammer everything to dust, hopefully the Screaming Banner causes a failed Ld test or 2! Wraiths are in my units to help deny attacks and prevent any challenge shinanigans that could slow the progress of my GK. I have 30 points to burn on Magic Items for the Ghoul King any thoughts!?
Thoughts? Opinions?

--------------------
Follow The Dread Host of Berelith Fell Hand through the Blood in the Badlands Campaign!
http://z7.invisionfree.com/wyrmling_x/inde...0#entry11881810
DaemonReign
Posted: Mar 5 2012, 11:43 AM

The Eternal Bloodletter

Group: Heralds
Member No.: 2,658

Well you know me man.. I just want fleshy batreps with lots of pics. Especially if all that VC-stuff is painted as you seem to imply at the top of your post.

Painted stuff is good. It wins battles. Seriously. It's why we haven't tried out the new VC book in our group because first we got to paint 2 Coven/Engines, 1 Terrorgheist and.. *sheesh*

Anyway, afriad I don't have much advice that'll be of any help. But can I atleast wish you a resounding 'good luck'? smile.gif

--------------------
bonesaww666
Posted: Mar 5 2012, 11:57 AM

Plaguerider

For sure man, and my army will be fully painted as soon as I finish the MI!

--------------------
Follow The Dread Host of Berelith Fell Hand through the Blood in the Badlands Campaign!
DaemonReign
Posted: Mar 5 2012, 01:05 PM

The Eternal Bloodletter

Group: Heralds
Member No.: 2,658

Ah yes.. Those damn MI's.. We haven't even bought the boxes yet.
Anyway.. I realize taking a bunch of good pics at an even like that is hard, but it'd be cool as hell to see it in action at some point.

--------------------
bonesaww666
Posted: Mar 5 2012, 01:33 PM

Plaguerider

Yeah, I really gotta get on the pictures thing... Maybe this weekend I will post some pictures of my VC, I know it may be the wrong place but oh well.
As for my poor DoC I hope to have them finished for next years tournament, I just gotta stop buying 1000's of points worth of stuff at a time and them trying to paint it. Makes the whole task seem so daunting!

--------------------
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0734 seconds | Archive