Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Daemonic Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

maybe daemon 8th edition, Some thing I saw in SoM
letthegalaxyrunred8
Posted: Feb 26 2012, 10:43 PM

Daemonette

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,741

So when I where thought the storm of magic book I notice that The Exalted Greater Daemons could take their own own or one from the rule book. Keeper shadow, LOC metal, and Nurgle death.

Does this mean that we may get a update next year or this year. To be honest I don't want any changes at ALL. This has been plaguing me, for I don't want a update, I like this armybook as it is. And I have a fear of Robin Crudance writing the book.

Prove me wrong please.
brother_maynard
Posted: Feb 27 2012, 07:29 AM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,484

no it doesn't mean anything. the most credible rumors don't even have a whisper of a DoC release any time within the next year, and even the wildest rumors have nothing indicated DoC will be redone in the near future (2-3 years).

--------------------
Noisy Assassin
Posted: Feb 27 2012, 11:56 AM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,601

Yeah, nothing about that indicates that Daemons are getting an updated book. Just that SoM has special rules in it.

--------------------
Demons need love too...hugs for everyone!
(>^_^)>

When life gives you lemons, BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

8th Edition W/D/L Records with Daemons:
- 7th ed book: 21/1/5
- 8th ed book: 11/0/2
letthegalaxyrunred8
Posted: Feb 27 2012, 05:24 PM

Daemonette

Member No.: 2,741

Thank god.
DaemonReign
Posted: Feb 27 2012, 08:52 PM

The Eternal Bloodletter

Group: Heralds
Member No.: 2,658

@ The OP:
TheDarkGeneral seems very sure that Daemons will get an update in 2013. Personally my guess would be 2014 though. What I am hoping to get with the upcoming Chaos-related releases for 40k is (finally) PLASTIC PLAGUEBEARERS. Just those models would keep me happy for quite a while.

Can I just ask.. Why would be such a horror, in your mind, if Robin Cruddace wrote the next Daemon Army Book? smile.gif
I have no idea about his qualities personally. Didn't he make the last VC book just released for 8th Ed? Isn't that book widely regarded as rather "all right"?

By the way, I more or less agree with you, the further away from 7th Ed we are when we finally get a new book the better it is probably.. because the fact that Daemons isn't an OP army anymore needs to sink in first, before anyone comes at it with a big fat nerf-hammer..

But other than that I think we'd all have something to look forward to. I mean, I think the new army books for 8th Ed have been pretty exciting so far.. No reason why Daemons should be any different.. That is.. Of course.. unless they for some reason go blind with nerf-rage, remove Instability, remove Deaemonic Gifts, make Daemons auxilleries to Warriors of Chaos and Beastmen, and generally make me quit the hobby.. *lol*

--------------------
brother_maynard
Posted: Feb 28 2012, 12:02 AM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,484

you forgot my favorite speculation, that we are going to lose our "true"ward save and go back to the olden days of magic cancelling it out...

--------------------
DaemonReign
Posted: Feb 28 2012, 12:35 AM

The Eternal Bloodletter

Group: Heralds
Member No.: 2,658

biggrin.gif
Yeah anything goes I suppose!
... as long as the term 'pointdrops across the board is implemened in equal measure.

I for one honestly hope they'll listen at least a little bit to the suggestions in the re-write we've been working on here..

Now that would be a Daemon Book worth waiting for.. If you ask me.. *lol*

Of course.. I might be slightly partial on that one.

--------------------
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.7304 seconds | Archive