InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to The Daemonic Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Battle Standard Bearer in back rank
Virgill
Posted: Feb 22 2012, 12:29 AM

Daemonette

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,051

Im wondering whether or not a unit receives any bonus conferred from a magical banner carried by a battle standard bearer that is located in a back rank, and if they can still claim the +1 CR bonus and the reroll?

Can't find anything on this in the Battle standard bearer section of the BRB or in the challenges section. The book only talks about not being able to use a characters leadership if he denies a challenge and the bsb reroll cannot be used if the bsb is fleeing.

LAV-Kitsune-
Posted: Feb 22 2012, 04:43 AM

Lovely Fox Spirit

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,592

I'm not 100% sure about combat resolution as I dont have my book here, but as I recall rulebook doesnt forbid unit from using characters special abilities or BSB reroll when character is in the back. So for example Tzeentch herald that would be thrown back from the challenge would be a boon to you. You would get him to safety while you would still enjoy the ward bonuses and BSB =)
Lude
Posted: Feb 22 2012, 07:41 AM

Plaguebearer

Member No.: 2,575

sounds like a skaven tactic bell and fc put the bsb in the second rank.
Virgill
Posted: Feb 22 2012, 09:45 AM

Daemonette

Member No.: 3,051

In the CR section of the BRB it only states that the unit must include the BSB to get his +1 bonus. So now I'm only concerned with whether the unit can claim magicial properties from the BSB if hes in the back rank (which I think they can).

The plan is to test out my horror block with a tzeentch herald with Banner of Unholy Victory, gaining 2-4 CR for the herald while hes still in the back rank (giving my horror block a static CR of 6-8).
Noisy Assassin
Posted: Feb 22 2012, 11:04 AM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,601

The problem is getting him to the back rank in the first place. Unless you're fighting WoC who have to challenge, it is unlikely that an opponent will be giving you the opportunity to move your wizard BSB to the back by challenging.

--------------------
Demons need love too...hugs for everyone!
(>^_^)>

When life gives you lemons, BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

8th Edition W/D/L Records with Daemons:
- 7th ed book: 21/1/5
- 8th ed book: 11/0/2
Sherlocko
Posted: Feb 22 2012, 11:28 AM

Pleasureseeker

Member No.: 776

QUOTE (Noisy Assassin @ Feb 22 2012, 11:04 AM)
The problem is getting him to the back rank in the first place. Unless you're fighting WoC who have to challenge, it is unlikely that an opponent will be giving you the opportunity to move your wizard BSB to the back by challenging.

Skulltaker on a jugger? tongue.gif
Colonel
Posted: Feb 22 2012, 02:08 PM

Changebringer

Member No.: 3,010

Yes your magic banner and everything still work, just not Ld if it is because of a challenge.

It is cheesy, but you can run a unit like daemonettes with full command 3 models wide and put the herald in the 2nd rank.. and make her the BSB with stubborn banner.

You could run bloodletters with full command, and two heralds (one on jugger), 5 wide.. and choose either to be in the 2nd rank as just one fits with command up front.

Bloodcrushers 3 wide with full command will force a HoK on jugger to be in the 2nd rank until a make way in combat.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1042 seconds | Archive