InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to The Daemonic Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

DoC vs WE 2400 ETC Comp, Or sucking 101
Great clean one
Posted: Feb 21 2012, 04:54 AM

Bloodletter

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,638

DaemonReign
Posted: Feb 21 2012, 01:21 PM

The Eternal Bloodletter

Group: Heralds
Member No.: 2,658

Nice report!

EDIT
ETC restrictions really makes games like this one look like we're still in 7th Ed. It's almost nostalgic watching units not fielded in Horde-formation etcetera.

Wood Elves vs Daemons is probably the one instance where there's an actual point to ETC, so in that regard you're kinda highlighting what's positive I guess.

Anyway, nice report (as I said already) don't let my stubbornly ignorant psychotic hatred for comp get in the way of that. laugh.gif

--------------------
Great clean one
Posted: Feb 21 2012, 04:09 PM

Bloodletter

Basicly helping my friend prepare for an ETC rules tournament. Brought Lav_kitsunes list and went in without much of a plan. Forgetting Lord of Changes flaming attack is priceless, so is turning your back on a treeman, but it was fun non the less.
listless
Posted: Feb 22 2012, 12:13 PM

Horror

Member No.: 2,950

Quick Q.

In your first report part in the bloodletters vs dryads you seemed to be taking lots of wounds from deamonic instability. Shouldn't the letters have been steadfast against dryads, and with their general in range testing on a 9? Or did you just get unlucky on the roll?

Enjoyed the report!

Cheers,

John
LAV-Kitsune-
Posted: Feb 23 2012, 03:58 AM

Lovely Fox Spirit

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,592

You werent predicting any of your opponents moves or actions on this game and let your opponent decide where and when to fight and against who, every time (getting rear charged by treeman was worst I think). Since your opponent dominated the game so badly it was kinda surprising to see that in the end so few elves stood there in the end.

You also hindered yourself quite badly with furies. You could have flewn them much further away to give you the bonuses and at the same time you could have freed some space for letters to charge those treekin for example. And you kinda threw them away by charging at one point. Also majority of your army spent much of the time out of fight and your opponent got time to fight one unit at time. Well, theres much to learn for you of this fight I would think, but it was atleast intresting to see how others would play my list.
bonesaww666
Posted: Feb 23 2012, 07:36 PM

Plaguerider

Member No.: 2,989

Well I suppose it could have been worse... Oh, you were the DoC player! Just kiddin, it was actually kind of nice to see WE win a game! I was surprised at him shooting your PB's though as I think my TOP would have been the letters.
Great battle report, hope to see more in the future!

--------------------
Follow The Dread Host of Berelith Fell Hand through the Blood in the Badlands Campaign!
http://z7.invisionfree.com/wyrmling_x/inde...0#entry11881810
Great clean one
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 11:46 AM

Bloodletter

If I knew about the steadfast rule it would have been a completely different match. Lost about 23 bloodletters, and 3 dogs to instability. On the other hand I like to see my buddy win som matches to boost his confidence. He`s playing Wood elves for godsakes. Props to him, he does very well with WE. My HoN did`nt get to use his breath either. Did not know about the rule for engaged units.
DaemonReign
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 03:53 AM

The Eternal Bloodletter

Well WE players sometimes complain that the Core Rules of 8th are designed in a generally bad way for their Army. With the 'changes' to the Core Rules that you guys had running for this game things were at least evened out, for a change.. tongue.gif
I'm not saying it looks like he won solely on the basis of Steadfast and Breathe-weapon being incorrectly played, but it must have been contributing factors.

--------------------
Great clean one
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 01:25 PM

Bloodletter

You are right, he probably would have won either way. Always go for his Treekin first and was happy when they were removed. But kinda played in to his hand all the time.

Posted this battle rapport on a dare hehe. Have about 6 videos of me wiping the board with elf blood, but they are in norwegian.

Anywho got about 60 goblins staring me in the face wanting to be painted. Dont want to play against gray models so I have taken it upon myself to paint my friends whole freakin army by friday. Citadel spray gun for the win.
DaemonReign
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 10:13 PM

The Eternal Bloodletter

Posted this battle rapport on a dare hehe. Have about 6 videos of me wiping the board with elf blood, but they are in norwegian.

Jag skulle definitivt titta på dem! biggrin.gif

Anywho got about 60 goblins staring me in the face wanting to be painted. Dont want to play against gray models so I have taken it upon myself to paint my friends whole freakin army by friday. Citadel spray gun for the win.

We're in the same boat mate. I know exactly how you feel. smile.gif

--------------------
Great clean one
Posted: Apr 17 2012, 01:52 PM

Bloodletter

Same ETC comp list as last time, different result. Read the whole rulebook cover to cover by the pool at Teneriffe biggrin.gif

In norwegian so basicly for DR`s eyes only...

Opposing player came 11th in a 50 man tournament last weekend with this army.

http://youtu.be/i3of7PFE2YE
LAV-Kitsune-
Posted: Apr 17 2012, 04:59 PM

Lovely Fox Spirit

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,592

That was quite brutal massacre ^.^
Finnish speak sweden too, and norvagian is quite close to it~
DaemonReign
Posted: Apr 17 2012, 05:52 PM

The Eternal Bloodletter

That's AWESOME man! Thanks a lot for that. I'm at work right now so it'll be a few hours before I get some peace and quiet to watch it, but certainly return with comments by then! biggrin.gif

EDIT

Watched the report vs Dwarves now with the morning coffee. The dice really did you favors in that game, and when that happens I don't think there's much standing against the tide of Daemons!

Getting 12 dice in the Magic Phase (twice) is something I've not seen happening in the same game. For example.

Still, that battle looked undecided to me right up until his flanking Horde of Dwarves failed to pop that unit of letters that had killed his BSB. I don't know the numbers of course but it sure looks like you beat the odds there as well.

Very clean looking table. Terrain. Well-painted armies. My hat is off on account of all that.. But really man, get yourself some damn Plaguebearers models! wink.gif

--------------------
Great clean one
Posted: Jun 5 2012, 01:52 PM

Bloodletter

Chink in the armor? Lav-Kitsune with two (2) mistakes in one small post?

"Finnish speak sweden too" - "Finns speak swedish too"

"and norvagian is quite close to it" - "And norwegian is quit close to it"

Duke: [Rocky] You see? You see? He's not a machine, he's a man, he's a man.

Dutch: [Predator] If it bleeds, we can kill it.

Just messing with ya Lav..

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1585 seconds | Archive