InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to The Daemonic Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

Is an all Khorne list viable/competitve?, can you play one mark in 8th
theDarkGeneral
Posted: Feb 22 2012, 05:08 PM

The True Chosen of Lord Khorne's Wrath and Rage!

Group: Heralds
Member No.: 529

laugh.gif

I know it's a debate that has come up quite often, but so long as the RTT organizers and Indy GTs organizers allow it, i continue to play it. The basic reasoning behind the allowance is that Daemons can't take Magical Banners from the basic rule book. (i wish I could take the Razor Standard!)

Aside from that, the build may seem a bit "boring", however it allows you to concentrate on the game basics. Maneuvering and Close Combat. Without Magic or Shooting to distract your decision making, it helps stream line your game play. It also makes for much faster turns, as there's a lot less to do. I've found that some players are unscrupulous when it comes to "time" in Tournaments when they're facing inevitable defeat.

Now in some shops and some Tournies they do insist on the inability to repeat Daemonic Banners which is perfectly fine. It saves me 150 points which i often spend on either bulking up Bloodletter units or another Herald.

--------------------
Lord Khorne's True Chosen One
theDarkGeneral
Touradj the Terror
Dread Praetorian of the Southern Gate
Khorne Legion Daemongorge
Talonz
Posted: Feb 22 2012, 05:42 PM

Greater Daemon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,456

QUOTE (theDarkGeneral @ Feb 22 2012, 01:57 PM)
I stay away from big points sink models like Bloodthirsters and Daemon Princes for two reasons:
*the cry of cheese or power gaming with powerful killy monsters
*too easily killed by cannons, bolt throwers, magic,etc

At least 128 to 144 Bloodletters. Eight units take up a lot of space on the table, and force your opponents to fight. There's no escaping them, ...

I would put it to you that your focus on pure letters and heralds is far more likely to be met with crys of cheese and power gamer than if you used some 'big killy monsters' and other units.

I dont mean that in an offensive way, just that anybody that knows anything about this game and daemons will recognize what is powerful and efficient and what isnt.

The very reason that you point out that GDs and crushers are not points efficient and can be easily killed (although the BT is a bit of an exception) is why they should be fielded and *not* met with crys of cheese.

Why anyone would complain about a DP I do not know...thats bizarre.
theDarkGeneral
Posted: Feb 22 2012, 07:09 PM

Talonz: How goes it?!??! evil.gif Bloodcrushers don't often gain too many complaints, but Bloodthirsters for sure do, and even Daemon Princes when I've used them...i guess because i don't rush them in head long to die to combat rez! LOL!

I don't think anyone has thought my list "soft", but definitely not cheesey becauase I don't take my former usual BSB upgrade (-2 magic, anti-Light), my heralds aren't mounted and they don't have the Obsidian Armor! Also most opponents are quite happy that i field just 2 heralds of Khorne and not 5 or more.

In the tournaments (around here) they much prefer to none shooting, none magic Daemon Armies. Without Flamers and spells I'm limited in my abilities to kill models...just up close and personal!

--------------------
theDarkGeneral
Touradj the Terror
Colonel
Posted: Feb 22 2012, 07:30 PM

Changebringer

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,010

If you come up to Quake City Rumble this year you can expect duplication of daemon banners to be prohibited.

I would think 2 khorne heralds and 150 blood letters wouldn't be too hard for many armies to deal with.. though the -2Ld banner is brutal.
theDarkGeneral
Posted: Feb 23 2012, 02:45 PM

Yeah, I plan on attending the Quake City Rumble this year. I unfortunately missed last year's event.

The restriction on Daemonic banners is fine, Bloodletters being T(3) means they die to everything including mad snotlings. It'll be fun to put all the different Editions of Bloodletters on the table though!

I believe I have a few re-matches in order up there wink.gif

--------------------
theDarkGeneral
Touradj the Terror
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0875 seconds | Archive