Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Daemonic Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Huzzah!
FeeZ
Posted: Feb 2 2012, 06:16 AM

Greater Daemon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,822

Today I ordered the Be'lakor model. Luckily I have a spare 40k monster base too so I'll be able to switch them around and categorically prove that I have the best Daemon Prince model Games Workshop has ever produced (although I think Azazel is freaking awesome, they need to put him back into production pronto).

That's all really, just wanted to share my Be'lakor fetish with everyone basically, and in case you have no idea what Be'lakor looks like (/slap) then here's a link of it's level of AWESOME!
LAV-Kitsune-
Posted: Feb 2 2012, 06:45 AM

Lovely Fox Spirit

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,592

Yup, nuff said. Nothing GW has produced so far competes with his awesomeness. Back in the old days I remember Azazels model on being one of the reasons I started chaos ^^
DaemonReign
Posted: Feb 2 2012, 10:50 AM

The Eternal Bloodletter

Group: Heralds
Member No.: 2,658

Congrats Feez. Definately well worth the effort of starting a thread!
And in the Main Forum too.
Had it been any other model it would probably have belonged in the Painting Subforum or some-such..

But not Be'lakor. Nope. Uh-uh. wink.gif

Seriously, glad to hear it and yeah it's the first Daemon Prince I bought as well for my Army. smile.gif

--------------------
Colonel
Posted: Feb 2 2012, 11:35 AM

Changebringer

Member No.: 3,010

He is so awesome they should re-release him in finecast, twice as frickin tall.. cause he is short.. like he is a daemon imagined by chaos dwarfs.. really really small.. like maybe he is epic scale.

He was the first daemon model I purchased as well.
Dimetri1
Posted: Feb 3 2012, 12:44 AM

Daemonette

Member No.: 2,456

It gets my vote for best GW model.
FeeZ
Posted: Feb 3 2012, 04:22 AM

Greater Daemon

QUOTE (DaemonReign @ Feb 2 2012, 10:50 AM)
Congrats Feez. Definately well worth the effort of starting a thread!
And in the Main Forum too.
Had it been any other model it would probably have belonged in the Painting Subforum or some-such..

But not Be'lakor. Nope. Uh-uh. wink.gif

Seriously, glad to hear it and yeah it's the first Daemon Prince I bought as well for my Army. smile.gif

Heh, I have a really good excuse of why it isn't in the Painting subforum... you see... I never end up actually painting anything. I'm serious. The furthest anything has gotten to the crown 'painted' is the stuff that I undercoat black...
JonathanC
Posted: Feb 3 2012, 08:12 AM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,672

I'm terrible at getting around to painting stuff as well, and quite often go months without a brush touching any of my figures. Most of the stuff in my Daemon army that is painted was done the week before the tournament I took it to, and is very basic as a result.

I have painted a lot of scenrey for our club though, and it looks great if I do say so myself.

I have been toying with the idea of starting my own painting log in the subforum below, but it would just be lots of pics of unpainted conversions. laugh.gif

But yeah, Be'Lakor is a great model and I have an (unpainted) one sitting on my shelf. Hope he comes back in the future as he was often my general when I used the Storm of Chaos list.

--------------------
Come on Tzeentch!

Do you like words and pictures arranged together to tell a story? If so, check out my battle report thread here.
Noisy Assassin
Posted: Feb 3 2012, 10:33 AM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,601

@JonathanC: If you start a painty log then we can all yell at you to get stuff painted! Also, we like conversions too.

--------------------
Demons need love too...hugs for everyone!
(>^_^)>

When life gives you lemons, BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

8th Edition W/D/L Records with Daemons:
- 7th ed book: 21/1/5
- 8th ed book: 11/0/2
JonathanC
Posted: Feb 3 2012, 10:51 AM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,672

That's sort of what I'm worried about, I'd then feel obliged to actually show some progress!! laugh.gif

--------------------
Come on Tzeentch!

Do you like words and pictures arranged together to tell a story? If so, check out my battle report thread here.
bonesaww666
Posted: Feb 3 2012, 11:01 AM

Plaguerider

Member No.: 2,989

I spent somewhere around 16hrs painting mine, brought him out to a tournament with my WoC and he flew off the table... He remains as he was from that day.

--------------------
Follow The Dread Host of Berelith Fell Hand through the Blood in the Badlands Campaign!
http://z7.invisionfree.com/wyrmling_x/inde...0#entry11881810
FeeZ
Posted: Feb 9 2012, 05:50 AM

Greater Daemon

Huzzah I has him!

You guys weren't kidding when you said he was small, that picture on the GW website kinda feels like false advertising, because it seems that the actual model would be as big as the new(ish) plastic Daemon Princes. But that may be just me.
LAV-Kitsune-
Posted: Feb 9 2012, 06:10 AM

Lovely Fox Spirit

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,592

Indeed. It is even worse with older models than him. First Bloodthirster model is shorter than Skulltaker for gods sake *laughing*
Hulabell
Posted: Feb 10 2012, 08:13 AM

Bloodletter

Member No.: 2,958

At least you could base him right and make him appear taller? tongue.gif
Legion
Posted: Feb 10 2012, 12:32 PM

Plaguerider

Member No.: 1,871

QUOTE (FeeZ @ Feb 9 2012, 05:50 AM)
You guys weren't kidding when you said he was small, that picture on the GW website kinda feels like false advertising, because it seems that the actual model would be as big as the new(ish) plastic Daemon Princes. But that may be just me.

All the old metal DPs were actually pretty small. They used to be on 40mm bases and came in a blister.

--------------------
People say that love is the best feeling. I think finding a toilet when you have diarrhea is even better.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1057 seconds | Archive