Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Daemonic Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Miasma of Pestilence + Curse of the Leper, Fun with doubles lists
Toonces
Posted: Jan 24 2012, 11:53 PM

Horror

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,039

Let's pretend there's an allied Warriors/Demons army of Nurgle forces.

A Great Unclean One is in base contact with a big block of 50 Saurus Warrior. In the magic phase, the GuO successfully casts Miasma of Pestilence, making the 4 Saurii in base contact S1/T1.

Then, by sheer force of awesome, a Nurgle Sorceror casts Curse of the Leper on the Saurus Warriors. The 4 Saurii in base contact die for sure. Now... what happens?

1] The 4 enemies in base contact with the Great Unclean One die (due to Curse of the Leper reducing them to S0/T0 and killing them) and four more models fill in and go from S3/T3 to S1/T1 and live on.

or...

2] Do the deaths happen such that all enemies keep 'stepping up' and dying because the Chaos player can rule the order of operations Miasma first, Leper second ad infinitum?

I ask because from time to time, I play in doubles games (tournaments and just for fun) with a friend. We both own Demons and Warriors (or as we call it "Hordes of Chaos" but the kids these days don't know any better) and switch off sides but always like to make themed paired armies.

We were pondering a nurgle-only pairing since all Nurgle demons + all Nurgle warriors is threatening but hardly as broken as a take-the-best-stuff. Of course, the pair of Miasma and Curse would be hilarious but I'm not sure if it means insta-blamo or not.

Obviously, Wither/Enfeeble followed by Curse of the Leper is the sure-fire way to use Curse to waste a unit, but we were thinking of going full Nurgle and no smarmy 'lesser' lores.
Noisy Assassin
Posted: Jan 25 2012, 09:55 AM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,601

Huh. I don't think the rules are 100% clear here. But I feel like the reduction from Curse would happen all at once, then T3 Saurus would step up and become T1. Something you might want to ask the TO about if they field rules questions beforehand.

--------------------
Demons need love too...hugs for everyone!
(>^_^)>

When life gives you lemons, BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

8th Edition W/D/L Records with Daemons:
- 7th ed book: 21/1/5
- 8th ed book: 11/0/2
DaemonReign
Posted: Jan 25 2012, 10:51 AM

The Eternal Bloodletter

Group: Heralds
Member No.: 2,658

What Noisy said.
I find it hard to believe that the entire unit would "step up" and become S/T 0 and die instantly.

--------------------
brother_maynard
Posted: Jan 25 2012, 08:53 PM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,484

getting your opponents' team to accept interpretation #2 is going to take the better part of the round i'd imagine, and interpretation #1 might be fun but isn't really useful. you're better off just giving your nurgle sorc the third eye, there's a good chance you'll run into shadow magic in 2/3 doubles games.

--------------------
Toonces
Posted: Jan 26 2012, 03:52 AM

Horror

Member No.: 3,039

Agreed, I don't think this combo is an insta-kill the way Withering/Enfeeble could be.

Though, it will certainly blast monsters, chariots, characters, and numerous other threats, just not whole units.

I suppose Third Eye of Tzeentch would make sense but... Tzeentch is so incredibly un-Nurglish that it would feel oh so wrong in a Nurgle-only doubles list. If only there was a Third Eye of Nurgle gift that would let you... uh... contract any disease that an enemy character in line of sight is suffering?
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0837 seconds | Archive