InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to The Daemonic Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

2000pt Tournament List
FeeZ
Posted: Jan 19 2012, 08:03 PM

Greater Daemon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,822

It doesn't completely negate the Keeper, it just means you can't get re-rolls for misses (unless you get Succor I suppose).

Generally though; I'd lead in with your daemonette's though; and get flanking or rear combat res with the Keeper. I'd only use the Keeper as mainline against something like a Prince on a monster such as a Dragon etc.

Against the big killy blocks of the Elves I'd deploy Daemonette's deep and Siren pull them into this unit, and get Bloodletter's to clean up on flanks etc. The reason why is because units like Swordmasters and White Lions would chop the crap out of your Bloodletter's otherwise, Daemonette's do pretty well against Elves and with a Herald in the unit, both sides will in effect get cancelled out due to both losing the benefits of ASF re-rolls.

Bloodletters will eat when they get into the flanks, especially if your BSB is in the horde.

--------------------
Special thanks to Kerrygan for the avatar pic!
Noisy Assassin
Posted: Jan 20 2012, 08:39 AM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,601

Last game I played against HE I completely surprised him by Sirening in his Swordmasters with my Keeper. Impenetrable Pelt meant that he was wounding on 6's. It eneded up being close due to repeated regrowths, but eventually I stomped the unit to a gooey paste.

Oh, and Flamers are just fun vs Elves!

--------------------
Demons need love too...hugs for everyone!
(>^_^)>

When life gives you lemons, BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

8th Edition W/D/L Records with Daemons:
- 7th ed book: 21/1/5
- 8th ed book: 11/0/2
Leonardas
Posted: Jan 21 2012, 08:04 AM

Daemonette

Member No.: 2,913

Got a couple of practise games in against HE and Ogres.

HE up first and blood for the pass. Daemonettes Siren Songed a unit of 14 White Lions with the BSB in it . They elected to flee, failed their rallly test next turn and rolled a double 6 to run off the board. Very fortunate but I will take it. The dice continueed to roll when the Letters icon charged into the other unit of 14 White Lions and saved 11 of 14 ward saves! They then wiped the unit out in retun! Ended up with a 1200pt victory.

The same played had also brought an Ogre list which did terrible things to me. First turn poison/scouting maneaters took 3 wounds off the KOS. Daemonettes siren songed a 2 mournfang unit into a failed charge and then counter charged and I found out to my cost how bad daemonettes are against them! 0 wounds allowed themto be combo charged and popped. My only success all game was the letters almost taking out the ironguts unit before being comboed charged. Definitely got most of match ups wrong and learnt a lot which is what you want to do before you go into a tournament with a new army.
eastern barbarian
Posted: Jan 23 2012, 12:57 PM

Pleasureseeker

Member No.: 2,997

well done yesterday Leonardas, bit unlucky for you to play against guy with ogres in Blood and Glory scenario as the game was tough from what I could see and you wouldn't loose as bad as you did. Still, best painted and very respectable place (you got a lot of sportsmanship votes as well so it was clearly great to play against you.).

One mistake that you need to watch for though was using your herald to cast spells after its level was reduced to 0. You couldn't do that. Not that it would change that game against Pauls demons much but worth remembering smile.gif
Leonardas
Posted: Jan 24 2012, 03:19 PM

Daemonette

The tournament this weekend was a blast and my experience with Daemons waseverything I was hoping for. I made a lot of mistakes, which is to be expected when playing a new army but enjoyed the day immensley.

Game 1 was against High Elves in a battleline scenario and a match up I was very aprehensive about. Fluff wise High Elves are historically the ones who have kept Chaos at bay and I believe their army book is designed to counteract daemons. I was really worried when I found out my opponent, Ryan, had death magic and procedes to win the first turn and kill my Slanneshi herlad turn 1 with soul leech! He has a combat army, with two eagles, 2 spearmen blocks, a block of swordmasters and a block of white lions. Without my anti-elf unit I was forced into a tactical rethink and decided to throw my Daemonettes away to the sword masters in the hope they would hold them up for a turn, which they did. My chaff was used to stall his spearmen block getting into my flank and the letters went toe to toe with the smaller lions block in the hope of out grinding them. The Kipper went around the flank and eventually hit the sword masters in the rear. 2 challenges latter and they were reduced to two models and fled. The Kipper held and then used siren song to pull the mag bunker into him and that was basically game. It ended in a 20-0 but for the first two turns it was all Ryan. It was a great game, tactical on both sides, I could not see anything Ryan did as wrong, the Daemons were just more flexible in the situation I foundmyself in.

Game 2 was against my club mate and friend, Glen who had brought along a tough Ogre list in a blood and glory match up. He had an Ironguts bus, 2 units of 6 leadbelchers, a cannon/chariot of doom , 2 sabers and a big unit of bulls. Basically all of his break pointswere in one unit. This turned into a very cagey, defensive and 'thinky' game. At some point I knew he would get at least one cannon shot on the kipper as and it did a number, scoring 4 wounds and forcing me into killing the cannon which the kipper did with a full compliment of beasts buffs in tow but failed to get the required 9 to leave the board on the follow through and then proceeded to die to the leadbelcher fire. My big mistake was in the charge order of my two combat units. I had whittled down the iron guts through BIG amber spears and wanted to get the letters into combat with remainder for the win while using the daemonettes to hold off the bulls. I charged the daemonettes first and in doing so blocked off the letter charge and allowed the daemonettes to be flanked for the game. It was a really stupid way to lose a match up but one I took on the chin; Glen didnt make any mistakes and deserved to win. I wonder whether I should have played even more defensively and continue to amber spear him.

Game 3 was my game of the tournament against Nik Featherstone and hiw Wood Elves in Battle for the Pass. He has 2 units of dryads, a unit of 6 treekin, 50ish gladeguard in multiple unit, a level4 mage, bsb and shooty arrow of doom hero.I thought I was in big big trouble due to excessive shooting I was going to come under. It turned out that he was just as handicapped by the lack of space to manouver in. but it was a agme of epicness. I deployed as well as I could with the kipper on the flank with the least shootyness of doom. I won the first turn and pushed everything forwards.The kipper then siren songed the dryads into him to prevent any shooty shannanigans. That didnt stop him from reducing my daemonettes into 1 model and the herald! The kipper ripped the dryads apart and despite him moving the gladeguard back still managed to get the required 9 inch charge the following round. The Kipper then proceded to collapse his entier army from the flank. The slaneshi herald also siren songed the mage bunker which elected to flee so that the letters couldnt hit them next turn.It then turned into flee, redirect, smash for a few turns until the treekin finally got into the game and charges the kipper which was now on 3 wounds remaining. The kipper did 5 wounds before being struck back and here is where I made my next mistake. I let him roll 4s to hit when it should have been 5s as they are only WS4. This resulted in the kipper taking 4 wounds of which I failed 3 wards and the boy died for a second game in a row. This was a 600 point swing and pulled Nik back from a 20-0 to a 13-7 loss. It was a great game with a great person.

Final game was against Paul and his daemons. He was running a pink horror block, bloodletter block, two units of flamers, unit of hounds, the usual chaff and 4 herlads, including 2 of tzeentch giving him access to death and light magic. I won the first turn and sent my kipper straight at the pink horrors. One siren song later and they were in combat. To stop his letters getting involved in that combat they were siren songed by the daemonttes. Then came my dice desert me phase. Despite re-rolls in both to hit and to wound I only managed to do 3 wounds, to which he saved 2 - all were against the herald. I rolled a 1 for thunderstop and rolled a 1 to wound! He was up by 4 on combat res. The chaos gods were with me and I rolled a 4! My letters then smashed into the horrors flank, and the combat was won by 21 and they obviously popped. the furies held up his letters for another turn while my daemonettes went and took on flamers and hounds at the same time. The game was over when the two letter units engaged each other and my herlad killed his in a challenge, taking away his hatred and the decimation began! Another 20-0.

I ended up finishing 5th, despite a 20-0 loss and even more rewardingly gained the vote for best painted army. So a 30 player field in only my second tournament with daemons and despite a heavy loss they performed well. It was a great event and I had a lot of fun.

Thanks for the comments Eastern Barbarian. The only reason I played the magic level reduction in game 4 was that was what I had been told happens in game 2. And yes, I am fun to play aginst - tough but fair!!

Thanks for all the help I have gained in this thread. I feel as though I am getting a handle on this army and I am beginning to embrace the play style. I love how aggressive Daemons are and yet how flexible they are in a myriad of situations. I have to say a huge thumbs up for Beasts Magic as well.
Noisy Assassin
Posted: Jan 24 2012, 04:00 PM

Greater Daemon

Glad to hear that you did well and enjoyed the army! Tournaments are great learning experience and way to get a true feel for how the army performs.

However, in exchange for the help we gave you with the list we demand tribute: pictures of your army! If you won best painted it must be worth showing off, and we love pictures!

--------------------
(>^_^)>

Leonardas
Posted: Jan 24 2012, 04:11 PM

Daemonette

The tribute is demanded and delivered....

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
user posted imageuser posted image
Leonardas
Posted: Jan 24 2012, 04:22 PM

Daemonette

And to give you an idea of what they look like on proper movement trays and in action....

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Noisy Assassin
Posted: Jan 24 2012, 05:41 PM

Greater Daemon

Oooh, very pretty! I especially like the rich blues you've got on the Flamers and the nice just off-white of the Kipper.

--------------------
(>^_^)>

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1551 seconds | Archive