Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Daemonic Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

2000pt Tournament List
Leonardas
Posted: Jan 8 2012, 04:23 AM

Daemonette

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,913

Hi
New Daemons and hopefully attending a 2k tournament soon. I would be interested to hear peoples thoughts about the following list:

KoS with Siren Song
(ok so its not BT but he potentially can be in combat on turn 1)

HoT with Mastery of Sorcery (light) and fly
(ok, no spell breaker but fly means he can join flamers and they still keep their move 6)

HoK BSB with Armour of Khorne

HoS with Siren Song

29 Bloodletters of Khorne FC and Icon

24 Daemonettes FC

5 Furies

5 Furies

1 Fiend

6 Flamers

Any feedback would be really welcome.
Thanks
Sherlocko
Posted: Jan 8 2012, 06:51 AM

Pleasureseeker

Member No.: 776

QUOTE (Leonardas @ Jan 8 2012, 04:23 AM)

(ok, no spell breaker but fly means he can join flamers and they still keep their move 6)

Dont think you can, since a unit must either fly or move by ground.

Otherwise it looks cool. Dual siren song is nice. I would be tempted to fit a flaming sword on the BSB since it means that anything with reg that touches the bloodletter block will probably not have reg.
FeeZ
Posted: Jan 8 2012, 08:21 AM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,822

I think it's a good list, but I'm opposite to Sherlocko, I wouldn't give anything the Firestorm Blade because in a tourney it's an easy 5pts to potentially spend that essentially negates your character. I'd personally go Soul Hunger to help against the more difficult creatures out there. War Hydra's and the like are scary but that's why you have Flamers.

I prefer the Keeper of Secrets over the BT personally, and I know of a couple of other people who do as well.

--------------------
Special thanks to Kerrygan for the avatar pic!
Kalandros Shadowsun
Posted: Jan 8 2012, 09:42 AM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,015

Firestorm Blade allows you to negate Regen Bunkers - just take challenges with your Champion.
Noisy Assassin
Posted: Jan 8 2012, 11:44 AM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,601

This list is VERY similar to the 2K list that I usually run, and took 3-0 at a local tournament.

Minor differences were that I had: slightly less 'Nettes, only 4 Flamers, one less unit of Furies, then added in a second single Fiend and a unit of 3 Nurglings.

Most important difference though is the Lore. With this list you want Beasts hands down. Light works really well with Bloodletters, but they can take care of themselves. Beasts though is awesome with the Keeper and the Daemonettes. (And as for Keeper vs. Thirster, well, first turn of my last game I Siren Songed in a Thirster and buffed my Keeper with Savage Beast and Impenetrable Pelt. I took 1 wound in exchange for slaughtering the Thirster). And you really don't have to (or even want) the Herald to join the Flamers. Just fly around next to combat blocks to get LoS or behind terrain. Also, dropping a core Daemon to add Torment Blade to the Kipper and HoS isn't a bad idea.

Overall is a very fun list to play. A little tricky to get the hang of when/what to Siren, so you might want a test game or two before the tourney. Good luck!

--------------------
Demons need love too...hugs for everyone!
(>^_^)>

When life gives you lemons, BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

8th Edition W/D/L Records with Daemons:
- 7th ed book: 21/1/5
- 8th ed book: 11/0/2
mad lamb
Posted: Jan 8 2012, 12:17 PM

Bloodcrusher

Member No.: 854

I've always played Keeper with spiritswallover.

Your with siren song is good but... I've seen recently this combo:
Keeper with siren song+soulhunger+etherblade

If you can, try him. It butchered bloodknights, blackknights, KotR, chaos knights...

Soul hunger givers him a great potential (etherblade is optional with S6+AP attacks and you're 2000 pts so only 50 pts of gihts can fit on keeper)

sou if you're playing with SSong then I'd recomend soul hunger. For that 25 pts you can really do serious damage.
Leonardas
Posted: Jan 8 2012, 03:12 PM

Daemonette

Thanks for all of the feedback guys; really helpful.

I have changed the lore to Beasts - I gety that change completely.

I have dropped a unit of furies for a second single Fiend (which I will test - I have liked the flexibility of double furies)

Dropped a couple of core daemons so I can get soul hunger on the kipper.

Tournament in a couple of weeks so a little play testing to be done now....thanks again for the advice.
JonathanC
Posted: Jan 8 2012, 07:35 PM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,672

List looks pretty decent to me and I think those changes you have made will only improve it. I took a Siren Song/Soul Hunger Keeper to a 2k tournament and he was great. Sometimes he siren songed in more than he could handle, but he always made things difficult for the enemy. Soul Hunger was good too as it allowed him to take on tough units like Hellcannons and prevail.

Good luck in the tournament. smile.gif

--------------------
Come on Tzeentch!

Do you like words and pictures arranged together to tell a story? If so, check out my battle report thread here.
Noisy Assassin
Posted: Jan 8 2012, 10:46 PM

Greater Daemon

Hmm, I keep forgetting that Soul Hunger is an option. I ended up adding 2 Bloodletters to my tournament list for a weird sized unit of 31+Herald because I needed something to do with the points. Will definitely have to try it out next time I play a 2K with the Daemons!

And as for the Fiend vs. Furies thing, it seems to just be a matter of preference. I really like Fiends, I know some people around here won't even think about taking them singly. So just figure out which you like better, but they fill roughly similar roles.

--------------------
(>^_^)>

tor
Posted: Jan 9 2012, 05:42 PM

Pleasureseeker

Member No.: 3,015

Im starting to like single fiends more and more and the biggest difference between them and Furies Is 5 to 17 points and something rather imkportant.
Both of them will often be out of the generals leadership bubble and If you dont charge you will probably want to march.
Soo... Im changing my stance on the single Fiend question.
Im on the no Flamingsword side, killingblow works just fine against the Bsb wearing the Drakenhof banner and Flamers works fine against anything else. Just park them on the opposite side of anything suspicious sitting on a dark Pegasus etc.
eastern barbarian
Posted: Jan 10 2012, 10:18 AM

Pleasureseeker

Member No.: 2,997

Leonardas- local Brighton crew doesn't have much experience against Demon armies with Siren S. so you will definitely make some people sweat wink.gif
Noisy Assassin
Posted: Jan 10 2012, 12:43 PM

Greater Daemon

Haha, I actually felt terrible the first game of the last tournament I was at. I activated a Siren Song and my opponent went "Wait, what?! They can do that?!" He had no idea the ability even existed. So yeah, it can be nasty.

--------------------
(>^_^)>

Leonardas
Posted: Jan 10 2012, 05:29 PM

Daemonette

This will only be my second tournament with Daemons and first one with a Kipper. Really looking forward to it and playing with the new toys. I have been a skaven boy for the last year and so far have thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

My own crew are giving me a hard time, telling me I should be taking a Billy but I like this idea of being in combat turn 1.

Brighton will be fun as I continue to learn how to play with em.
FeeZ
Posted: Jan 11 2012, 07:14 AM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,822

The thing I like about the Keeper is that it's arguably better than a Bloodthirster in melee imo, and because people never seem to expect how badass a Keeper is.

--------------------
Special thanks to Kerrygan for the avatar pic!
Leonardas
Posted: Jan 19 2012, 04:43 PM

Daemonette

OK
Got an awful first round draw for this list.
High Elves, whom I must assume will have Book of Hoeth and Shadow plus the normal shinnanigans. This will completely negate the effects of the KoS. I am almost thinking I have to attempt a turn 1 move at his wizards bunker in an attempt to assassinate him and give up the KoS in return and then hope the Daemonettes can do the rest.
Any thoughts on how I can mamage this game? I fear the worst!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1481 seconds | Archive