Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Daemonic Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  ( Go to first unread post )

Do you mono-God?

Have you used a mono-God army before?
Yes, every game! [ 8 ]  [25.00%]
Sometimes [ 8 ]  [25.00%]
Very rarely [ 7 ]  [21.88%]
Never, but would like to at some point [ 7 ]  [21.88%]
Never considered it or not interested [ 2 ]  [6.25%]
Total Votes: 32
Guests cannot vote 
FeeZ
Posted on Dec 21 2011, 07:22 PM

Greater Daemon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,822

QUOTE (r1d3 @ Dec 20 2011, 03:30 PM)
Played Mono Nurgle once in this edition. Got crushed though I won the only melee that took place...hmm... maybe no GD restrictions and no special characters aren`t that helpfull...
So please GW give us more than lvl.1 mages for mono-god or at least 1(!!!) spellbreaker..

Wait, you were banned from having GD's? Did you ban them from taking Lord choices in return?

These comps are getting more (freakin') ridiculous every time I hear one.

--------------------
Special thanks to Kerrygan for the avatar pic!
Dimetri1
Posted on Dec 21 2011, 09:44 PM

Daemonette

Member No.: 2,456

QUOTE (r1d3 @ Dec 20 2011, 03:30 PM)
Played Mono Nurgle once in this edition. Got crushed though I won the only melee that took place...hmm... maybe no GD restrictions and no special characters aren`t that helpfull...
So please GW give us more than lvl.1 mages for mono-god or at least 1(!!!) spellbreaker..

No GD's.... That is stupid, even though I hardly ever use them.... that is just preposterous.
DaemonReign
Posted on Dec 22 2011, 02:05 AM

The Eternal Bloodletter

Group: Heralds
Member No.: 2,658

What Feez and Dmetri said.

What kind of person are you if you impose a no-GD restriction on someone who's playing a MonoNurgle game.
It's just mean.

Anyway, I didn't say anything before because I hate comp and I fear people will get tired of having me popping out like jack-in-the-box every time anyone mentions the word 'comp'.. but now that others have already started I'll certainly chime in. smile.gif

--------------------
bonesaww666
Posted on Dec 22 2011, 08:20 AM

Plaguerider

Member No.: 2,989

Well, as a new Daemon player and long time WH general I can honestly say that Daemons in this edition are not nearly as deserving of the bulls*** restrictions. I will admit that in 7th the main reason I never went balls deep into a Daemon army was due to how powerful you could make them and the lack of tact or guile the people I would play would use them with. But I would never have put such limitations on some one (rather get sodomized by a two armed man then molest a cripple!) I for one never play comped tournaments with or without daemons. Warhammer is a game, games are meant to be fun and I love a challenge hell I took VC to the biggest tourney around me w/o GGDS or legions of Ghouls and managed to hit middle of the road, it was a hard go but I beat HE, WoC and lost to VC's with Grave Guard DS and an empire player who had a bag of dispel dice but I had a great time.

--------------------
Follow The Dread Host of Berelith Fell Hand through the Blood in the Badlands Campaign!
http://z7.invisionfree.com/wyrmling_x/inde...0#entry11881810
DaemonReign
Posted on Dec 22 2011, 09:26 AM

The Eternal Bloodletter

Fully agree with what you're saying there Bonesaww666..

There's alot that can be said regarding comps, like the people advocating it having lost track of the Spirit of the Game, or it just being a futile enterprise to reach some sort of 'balance' that you'll never be able to deduce anyway due to all the randomness.

Sportmanship is always gonna be the most important aspect here. And personally I haven't experienced any great difference in the supposed 'powerlevel' of Daemons in 7th and 8th Edition.

The difference is just that 8th Ed is a great improvement on so many levels of this game. It's really a blessing. As a Daemon player I couldn't be happier because I think we'll be stuck with our Book for a few years still.

--------------------
bonesaww666
Posted on Dec 22 2011, 11:15 AM

Plaguerider

Member No.: 2,989

Mono Tzeentch all i need to say about that and nigh unkillable bloodthirsters have abandoned this edition with the arrival of step up. It didnt ruin daemons i believe it changed the way one plays them and has made them more interesting for it! Back to mono god I heard rumor of Plaguebearers coming out in plastic mid next year, if there is truth to this then I have every intention of building a mono Nurgle list. My Khorne force is near completion, then Slaanesh and if there is truth to the rumor Nurgle! After which I have every intention of buying each FW greater, if only to watch cannon balls strike walls that dont even reach his ankles!

--------------------
Follow The Dread Host of Berelith Fell Hand through the Blood in the Badlands Campaign!
http://z7.invisionfree.com/wyrmling_x/inde...0#entry11881810
DaemonReign
Posted on Dec 22 2011, 11:48 AM

The Eternal Bloodletter

Yeah I've seen the rumour too that plastic Plaguebearers will be released with the new edition of Warhammer 40000. I certainly hope that's true, as I'll certainly get a unit of those to complete my Daemon collection as well.

And yeah.. 8th Ed did indeed re-balance certain aspect of Daemons (endless powerdice of Tzeentch, like you mention) but all-in-all (and just as you're saying) this new Edition has just made the Game better as well as making Daemons more interesting in my opinion.

--------------------
JonathanC
Posted on Dec 22 2011, 01:05 PM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,672

Don't want to turn this into a comp debate thread (we've got other threads covering that already for one), but I have to say I think its interesting to try out from time to time, although some of them are too OTT like the one mentioned above banning r1d3 from taking a GUO. Now that's definitely going too far.

I much prefer it when people self regulate and don't bring out the cheese every game as bonesaw666 was suggesting above. In 7th ed this seemed to be MSU Horrors and Flesh Hounds going by some of the tournament armies I saw, often backed up by Flamers, a Bloodthirster or Skulltaker on a Juggernaut with his 0+ save. It could be a bit of auto-win button against some armies, plus looked boring on the tabletop to boot.

To return to the mono-God theme for a moment, it could be said you are comping yourself when you decide to play that style of army. Likewise, I'm sure we've all thought about or agreed to play themed games on occaision in which you agree with your opponent that certain units should be included or excluded from a fluff point of view. This is also a type of comp in a way, its just better than tournament ones because it is being done with the idea of creating a fluffy and fun game, fully in the knowledge that it could leave the two sides unbalanced.

--------------------
Come on Tzeentch!

Do you like words and pictures arranged together to tell a story? If so, check out my battle report thread here.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 [3] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1429 seconds | Archive