InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to The Daemonic Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 [4]  ( Go to first unread post )

Daemon characters guide, Math hammer and strategic tips.
FLATL1NER
Posted: Aug 14 2011, 09:41 AM

Lil' Nurgling

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,892

Fantastic Thread, Helped me out in which direction to send my 2k Khorne list! smile.gif
und_ed
Posted: Aug 14 2011, 10:32 AM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 35

Heh, that's pretty much it.

Right you are on the first example...
(Kinda embarressing after I'm all snug up here on my high horse tongue.gif)

I prefer root chance-to-kill odds rather tha, a set number of attacks, since it lets you work out relative advantages of various formations, and keeps the kill-counts in perspective. The high numbers of attacks aren't wrong, but the picture is sometimes skewed. (perfect example being your two second examples - in both cases, the probability of an attack becoming a kill are pretty low, namely 1/8 and 1/9. Start mulltiplying by 60 attacks, however, and the difference gets exaggerated. Multiply by 100 attacks, and it gets blown out of all proportion)

Hmmm. I reckon tomorrow might be time to resurrect Mathhammer for the tabletop. It's nice and easy, and actually usable while playing.

-und_ed

Zechs
Posted: Aug 14 2011, 10:56 AM

Pleasureseeker

Member No.: 2,810

The only thing that should be noted about putting the Herald in a unit of Horrors to make them a better tarpit is DON'T. Unless you play vs a muppet, every infantryman and their dog that can will direct their attacks vs the herald. At WS3 T3 he'll likely be killed in one or two turns, so you lose both his Locus benefit AND your cool Level 2 wizard. Goblins, slaves, empire militia, gnoblars - they can all kill him, and once you move to even half-decent combat units he's dead before you get another turn.

His Locus rule is there just to help Horrors survive enemy shooting and magic while he hides between them.

--------------------
und_ed
Posted: Aug 15 2011, 04:11 AM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 35

By sticking him on the corner of the unit, you get to limit those attacks a bit, Zechs. It's not exactly safe, but it's still very usable. Often it's worthwhile losing him + unit to win the game...

-und_ed
Steve-O
Posted: Aug 17 2011, 09:25 PM

Horror

Member No.: 2,579

Dear LAV-Kitsune-,

You, sir, are the F-ING MAN!

Your posts are beyond informational, they are. . .inspirational. I always learn something from you, my Finnish friend. Please, don't ever change. Stay aWsOMe!!!!

Warmest regards,

Steve-O

rofofofolos
Posted: Aug 19 2011, 04:19 AM

Lil' Nurgling

Member No.: 2,902

QUOTE (FeeZ @ Aug 6 2011, 04:05 PM)
Oh, I have a question, how much does Cacophonic Caress improve a Kipper's combat effectiveness in cc? (I read it as a hex at least, implying to me at least that a KoS can cast it into it's own combat)

hi i am new to daemons just have a battalion wondering what hero or lord i should choose
LAV-Kitsune-
Posted: Aug 19 2011, 04:26 AM

Lovely Fox Spirit

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,592

You could pick Herald of Tzeentch on foot (chaos sorcerer models are great for that). They are very solid choices for daemons as you get access to any BRB lore with them. Another good pick is Khorne heralds as they really boost Bloodletters attacks. When you start reaching bigger games (over 2000pts) you could pick greater daemon that you like best yourself.
Kolat
Posted: Aug 25 2011, 02:47 PM

Lil' Nurgling

Member No.: 2,918

Just wanted to say this was a great read Kitsune, especially for a beginner as I was able to follow with what you wrote. Many thanks!

--------------------
Regards,
Dan Dineen
Kolat Master of The Dynasty

user posted image

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."---Nietzsche
Regalton
Posted: Jun 10 2012, 05:36 PM

Horror

Member No.: 3,155

Amazing thread! Definitely helps!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (4) « First ... 2 3 [4] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1398 seconds | Archive