Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Daemonic Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Dwarf King's Hold: Unboxing & First Thoughts, (Plus) Have You Played It Yet?
Vardlokkur
Posted: Apr 30 2011, 07:07 PM

Daemonette

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,342

I made a video on YouTube, unboxing Mantic's latest title, Dwarf King's Hold.
You can see the unboxing vid along with my thoughts on the contents here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgPiTWhKEs8

Funnily enough, Mantic liked this video so much that they featured it on their blog, which is a nice honour.

I'm considering making a review video for it soon, when I've had a bit more experience actually playing it.

So, have any of you played it yet? If so, what do you think?
r1d3
Posted: Jun 26 2011, 11:12 AM

Bloodletter

Member No.: 689

Hi Vardlokkur,

I`d be very interested in a review.
Is the Dwarf King`s Hold a game you`d recommend for starters, as I`m trying to get some friends into "miniature"-gaming?
Some of them were interested in WHFB, but it is complex and we only once got a game going, so I`m trying to start with something easier. Can you recommend a game to me?

edit: for how many players is the Hold?

Thank you!
Vardlokkur
Posted: Jun 28 2011, 05:45 AM

Daemonette

Member No.: 2,342

QUOTE (r1d3 @ Jun 26 2011, 11:12 AM)
Hi Vardlokkur,

I`d be very interested in a review.
Is the Dwarf King`s Hold a game you`d recommend for starters, as I`m trying to get some friends into "miniature"-gaming?
Some of them were interested in WHFB, but it is complex and we only once got a game going, so I`m trying to start with something easier. Can you recommend a game to me?

edit: for how many players is the Hold?

Thank you!

Thanks so much for your comment. I'll see what I can do for sorting a review out for you. But a quick reply: 2 players. Self contained. REALLY easy to play.

I could recommend plenty of games to you but they too are going to be quite tricky as well in rules, so this sort of thing sounds more right for you right now, yes.

The game is quite good, rather playable. Not the best it could have been but by far not a bad game at all, esp for online price 31.50 which my friends and I split up money three ways to buy. biggrin.gif

Hopefully review coming soon.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0784 seconds | Archive