Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Daemonic Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (15) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Hell demons!
Sherlocko
Posted: Jan 29 2011, 03:41 AM

Pleasureseeker

Group: Members
Member No.: 776

I usually hang out on Herdstone but since I am picking up demons I might as well share here as well. My idea is to make a demon army more based on a hellish/Clive Barkers Jericho kind of world than a Warhammer Fantasy.

So here is a mock up for horror and bloodletter. Need to work on my blood recipe, and have more bladey arms for them.

user posted image

Oh, and how are these units normally kitted out? Unit size and command options and such.
LAV-Kitsune-
Posted: Jan 29 2011, 06:13 AM

Lovely Fox Spirit

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,592

Ah, such an lovely idea. Your horror might actually be a flamer as well, as it looks like throwing some fire ball in there. Your letter looks absolutely brutal and a lot scarier than original ones, it is like mass murderer or something.

Bloodletters are usually deployed in a horde formation of 30 or more models and horrors depending on what you want, 10 horrors bunker for a herald or 40 horrors main caster.
Sherlocko
Posted: Jan 29 2011, 09:41 AM

Pleasureseeker

Thanks! I was thinking of doing something similar when doing flamers, but instead base them on gors, and have their entire lower body consisting of flames, a little ifrit-esque or how you can say.

Do you go full command everywhere? I guess you should, but I have to think about how to model musicans then...
LAV-Kitsune-
Posted: Jan 29 2011, 10:50 AM

Lovely Fox Spirit

Melee units will likely want full command with them, but units like horrors benefit little from champions and musicians and will likely only need standard for scenarios like blood and glory.
squalie
Posted: Jan 29 2011, 12:59 PM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 961

Hey Sherlocko, it'd be good to see you around here more often! If you're in Clive Barkers' head then this could be some army. Love the Ifrit idea!

I always put a Musician in Horrors for the quick reform. Horrors, for me, are all about the "Gift of Chaos" spell. For some reason my opponents hate that spell and I love it as it can be cast into/while in combat. With the 3D6 wounds banner a magic phase for a unit of Horrors in combat can be pretty slick.

--------------------
"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face."
Mike Tyson
LAV-Kitsune-
Posted: Jan 29 2011, 02:22 PM

Lovely Fox Spirit

QUOTE (squalie @ Jan 29 2011, 07:59 PM)
Horrors, for me, are all about the "Gift of Chaos" spell.

THIS! On my last game against Skaven gift of chaos managed to kill lone warlock, panicked clan rats, destroyed damaged doomwheel, killed one weapon team and killed some models from steadfast blocks, all with one spell! It is absolutely marvelous spell if you get your horrors to the right spot.
squalie
Posted: Jan 29 2011, 03:02 PM

Greater Daemon

And the thing we all like is that I can throw 6 dice at it and if it goes IF, I lose an average of 3-4 Horrors. cool.gif

--------------------
Mike Tyson
Sherlocko
Posted: Feb 14 2011, 02:39 PM

Pleasureseeker

More horrors, with a musican. Will start with some bloodletters now before I order some more ungors. smile.gif

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Sherlocko
Posted: Feb 24 2011, 12:22 AM

Pleasureseeker

user posted image
user posted image

Very much WIP of my Khorne Herald, with a bloodletter prototype for scale comparison next to it. Still need to cover up some parts, probably with fur or if I feel gutsy, I might just try to go with flesh...smile.gif
Talonz
Posted: Feb 24 2011, 12:40 PM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 1,456

What the heck is that model??
Walgis
Posted: Feb 24 2011, 12:44 PM

Daemonette

Member No.: 2,623

scaven ogre i guess
squalie
Posted: Feb 24 2011, 01:58 PM

Greater Daemon

Ya', it's a Rat Ogre. I've never been into Skaven but they sure have some nice models.

Sherlocko, I'm really liking what you're doing with your stuff, but I'd like to make a suggestion:

For your "Horrors", I feel you should make the flames with more true yellow and reds. The flames match their fur and end up looking like balls of...fur. I don't think you're going for that effect. Try something different, but accurate -- build the flames up from yellow first, then orange for a highlight on the prominent areas and then red and then a red black on the tips and very edges. Basically the light and heat are coming from the centre of the fire, not on the tips, like a lot of people paint it. It's a little trickier, but I think you'd really appreciate the results.

Keep going with the cool stuff!

--------------------
Mike Tyson
Sherlocko
Posted: Feb 24 2011, 02:54 PM

Pleasureseeker

Their fur is actually meant to be fire, but I see your point. I am using foundation yellow and it is a bit too brown for my taste...well, Im working on letters now anyway so well see if I can get my hands on another yellow before the next batch. smile.gif

But, as stated on herdstone, I wont paint fire "right" because of two points. Im a bit lazy and it is more work, plus I think that "wrong" fire looks better aesthetically. smile.gif

And yes, it is a Island of Blood Rat Ogre. The other one will probably end up as a bloodletter filler, or maybe a crusher...smile.gif
Sherlocko
Posted: Mar 7 2011, 02:53 PM

Pleasureseeker

Big update time! biggrin.gif

But I forgot the pictures of my Khorne herald in my camera...well, will have to gimp them tomorrow.

First up is a bloodletter unit filler....or a bloodcrusher, Im not sure yet.
user posted image
user posted image

First bloodletter in the way I want them. Will do more when I get helmets...
user posted image
user posted image

The back of my Khorne herald...will get more pictures soon.
user posted image

And finishing off with my Tzeentch herald
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Noisy Assassin
Posted: Mar 7 2011, 03:34 PM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,601

That hellish baby with teddy bear is one of the creepiest models I have ever seen... 0.o

--------------------
Demons need love too...hugs for everyone!
(>^_^)>

When life gives you lemons, BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

8th Edition W/D/L Records with Daemons:
- 7th ed book: 21/1/5
- 8th ed book: 11/0/2
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (15) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.4421 seconds | Archive