Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Daemonic Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (22) « First ... 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Tzeentch Army Log, Sacred Host of the Ineffable Moon
Ferrum
Posted: Mar 2 2011, 09:38 PM

Daemonette

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,688

Nice reference to magic the gathering here smile.gif

He certainly looks badass enough to be named after an Eldrazi!

Really nice work!

May I ask what you made the weapon with?
Noisy Assassin
Posted: Mar 3 2011, 12:21 AM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,601

Hehe, I figured we're nerdy enough here that someone would get the reference. I was half-way through making him and realized that he looked familiar. Took me a few minutes before it hit me, and now I can't look at him without seeing the resemblance. (For those who are confused, we are referring to this)

Spear is made out of a couple of different things. I started with the plastic DP axe arm and cut off the blade and some of the haft, then added the antler-looking bits from the BL icon (after removing the skull and replacing it with a bit of BL horn). The blade is just the DP sword chopped off the hilt. The piece below his hand is from the HE noble on griffin from the Island of Blood; I cut down the lance and removed the fluttery banner bit.

--------------------
Demons need love too...hugs for everyone!
(>^_^)>

When life gives you lemons, BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

8th Edition W/D/L Records with Daemons:
- 7th ed book: 21/1/5
- 8th ed book: 11/0/2
Ferrum
Posted: Mar 3 2011, 08:49 PM

Daemonette

Member No.: 2,688

Well I must say it's absolutely fantastic!
It really screams Tzeentch while still being an obviously melée combatant. Which I what you were going for I think?
Also you are just really creative with your conversions! It's nice to see really unique units romping around, especially with the supposedly 'most diverse' army imagineable: a Tzeentian horde.

Well done sir! I commend you!
Noisy Assassin
Posted: Mar 3 2011, 10:42 PM

Greater Daemon

Why thank you sir. *bows dramatically*

--------------------
(>^_^)>

Noisy Assassin
Posted: Mar 7 2011, 04:56 AM

Greater Daemon

Hokay, update time! I promised myself I would work on the rest of my Tzeenletters, and I have been. The progress, however, is slow.
user posted image
There are two things that have caused this. The first is that I decided that the Bletter models are way too bodybuilder looking for deathdealers of Tzeentch. So I have been shaving down the ridiculous muscles on their legs and narrowing their torsos. This takes time...so much time...
user posted image
The second is that the bases are obnoxious to make work with the washers. First I add GS all the way around and try and get it to not deform with the addition of spikes or stick to the washer, then I have to do battle with the flock, which loves the middle ares (who knew, sand is magnetic)
user posted image
Ah, well. I have 22 Tzeenletters almost ready to begin converting in earnest. The other 8 will be replaced by 2 converted Spawn as unit fillers. They are currently in the mail.
In other news, I got another Tzeerald modeled up for when I want to go winged.
user posted image
And finally, decided to make a Nurgling base. I think they're cute, and will call them spawnlings...or maybe just tentacle babies.
user posted image
user posted image
There are even three removable washers of them on each base to correspond to the profile's three wounds...coincidence?
user posted image
Not sure if I want to add some bitey mouths to the next ones I make or not. These feel like they might have something missing, but I'm not convinced that that is it.

Edit: Forgot to crop and resize all of the pictures...this is what I get for posting at 4am. Emergency photobucket resizing initiated, cropping too much effort for my addled brain. Should probably sleep, what with class in the morning...

--------------------
(>^_^)>

Talonz
Posted: Mar 7 2011, 03:53 PM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 1,456

Defnitely add some bitey mouths, especially considering your GD.

Reminds me of this model (and the D&D gibbering mouther), which I have added to my growing 'alternate daemons ideas' document for a tzeentch spawn/nurglings counts as model;

http://www.ludikbazar.com/product_info.php?products_id=54099
Noisy Assassin
Posted: Mar 7 2011, 07:29 PM

Greater Daemon

That is a cool model! Comes with a hefty price-tag though...

With the mouths I was actually worried about having too much sameness between the Flamers, Horrors, GUO, these, and eventually Hounds with giving them ALL amorphous blobs filled with mouths. I'll experiment with adding mouths when I make the rest of them though.

--------------------
(>^_^)>

Noisy Assassin
Posted: Mar 10 2011, 02:14 AM

Greater Daemon

I had a few minutes today, not enough to get any real work done, but enough to make this:
user posted image
He's a mock-up PB. If I go this route I'll obviously add some gs and then random little tentacles and spikes like on the rest of my army. Thoughts on the general concept/design though? I think I like him, even though I don't plan on adding PB anytime soon (will be after the 1600pt army core is completed, and then compete for a slot with Daemonettes).

--------------------
(>^_^)>

Daemonic_Grift
Posted: Mar 12 2011, 09:12 AM

Daemonette

Member No.: 2,556

Hi Noisy Assassin smile.gif

I have just read this entire thread (mostly stared slack-jawed) from start to finish. Amazing. Half of the stuff you have done just doesn't seem... possible!! It's astounding!!

Your BSB is beautiful (and painted beautifully) - if mine turns out even half that good I will be a happy man!! I almost don't want to finish him, because after seeing your work, I would be embarrassed in the extreme to show mine...

Your chariot... Fantastic!! And you can even field it as a HoT on just the disc. Genius!!

And Kozilek is just awesome! AWESOME!! Reminds me of the Naga from WoW, which were well cool! Can't wait to see him painted, he'll look flabbergasting, I have no doubt of that whatsoever biggrin.gif

Now that I have finished buttering you up like a morning crumpet (it's a Scottish thing), how would you like to convert me an entire Slaanesh army?

I jest, of course! But do keep up the amazing work biggrin.gif

--------------------
We transgress the values of commonplaceness
We deny normality, trample morality
We destroy angels with sound
We destroy angels with silence
Noisy Assassin
Posted: Mar 19 2011, 07:06 PM

Greater Daemon

Thanks Grift! This is my fourth army, and I am still having trouble believing that I am actually building one of the drool-worthy armies that I spent so much time looking at on forums in the past. Looking back, each one has gotten progressively better. Moral of the story is, just do the best you can to keep improving and good things will happen. And don't feel embarrassed to show what you can do. Be proud of what you can achieve, and we can give you tips on how to improve. Plus, you never know, you might inspire someone else.

And I would be soooooo tempted by the opportunity to convert a whole Slaaneshi army, but I'm up to my eyeballs in this one. I'll give you as much of my brainstorming as you want though ^.^

--------------------
(>^_^)>

Vaguely Sane
Posted: Mar 20 2011, 09:18 AM

Plaguebearer

Member No.: 2,729

Well I have got to say, I am seriously jealous of your work blink.gif
However it truely inspires me to muscle through my deamons now tongue.gif they won't look as good as that but worthy enough for the table top tongue.gif

Keep up the amazing work and I really really want to see that GD painted tongue.gif

I also have to ask...how do you do those awsome face/head things? all I can see when I look at them is John Carpenters The Thing tongue.gif

--------------------
MAKE US WHOLE!!!
Noisy Assassin
Posted: Mar 20 2011, 05:12 PM

Greater Daemon

By face/head things I assume you mean on the Horrors and the GD? If so, they are pretty simple. I just cut off half of the face (usually a Bloodletter, but so far I've also used Ghouls, Goblins, Gors, and Horrors), glue it on at an odd angle, perhaps add a tongue, then greenstuff in any gaps that show up.

--------------------
(>^_^)>

Vaguely Sane
Posted: Mar 20 2011, 05:23 PM

Plaguebearer

Member No.: 2,729

Ahhh excellent now I can abuse that knowledge to my own will MWUAHAH *cough* and I apologise for my poor display of english...I am from england after all biggrin.gif

--------------------
MAKE US WHOLE!!!
Noisy Assassin
Posted: Mar 20 2011, 10:27 PM

Greater Daemon

Abuse away!

--------------------
(>^_^)>

Lord Darvaleth
Posted: Mar 22 2011, 01:33 PM

Lil' Nurgling

Member No.: 2,721

Very, very, very cool. All of it.

And the bases (being universal across 40K and fantasy) how'd you do it? XD I'm just gonna put mine in basic 40k bases then rely on movement trays for fantasy. tongue.gif

--------------------
If you can't understand the above post... you're still sane.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (22) « First ... 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2567 seconds | Archive