InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to The Daemonic Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Tzeentch Legion Army, 2000pts
Runefang
Posted: Oct 2 2004, 01:58 AM

Plaguebearer

Group: Members
Member No.: 40

Here's a list what I've planned. I'll talk more about it later in the post:

Lord of Change - 665

Daemonic Herald - 245
Mark of Tzeentch
Greater Icon of Chaos
Spell Breaker
Disc of Tzeentch - 45

11 Horrors - 214
Champion

10 Horrors - 199
Champion

6 Flamers - 150

4 Screamers - 132

3 Changebringers - 210

Chariot of Tzeentch - 140

Total: 2000

As you can see, the list has great variety of troops. I've taken one unit of each Tzeentchian units. The Lord of Change will (of course) try to move behind the enemy lines blasting spells and hopefully get in flank/rear charges. The Herald will aid him with his magic, fighting skills and the Icon (has saved me couple of times when my dice stop working and the LoC loses the combat while in the flank. And it also adds +1 combat resolution, useful against lizards who seem to not be running until you win them really big).
Thre horrors will do what Horrors usually do, blast enemies with spells and avoid combat. Flamers will try to kill enemy skirmishers in woods and Screamers + Chariot go killing enemy support units an then aid the LoC. Changebringers can screen the LoC/Herald from missile fire (Skaven Warp Lightnings can really hurt those characters).

Any thoughts? I will not remove the Herald because I have a really cool model for him.

--------------------
How do you pronounce "Tzeentch" without a two-headed tongue?
Ratrek
Posted: Oct 2 2004, 01:29 PM

Lord of Slaanesh

Member No.: 16

That sort of dictates the rest of your army then mate seeing as there's no other way to get the points required should you wish to change it's style up at all.

Otherwise it's pretty much the same type of list that Backslide used at the NZ GT. It flies about in a small clump avoiding all combat, casting magic and generally annoying people.

Perfect for tzeentch cool.gif

--------------------
"A blunt object always wins over a witty remark..."
Time of Madness
Posted: Oct 2 2004, 06:12 PM

The Lord of Change

Group: Heralds
Member No.: 8

Hey, nice to see you made it over here Runefang! I've tried to get some people from the warhammer forum, but I've only got about 5 so far.

As far as the list goes, I personally think you have too much points tied up in characters(910pts). If your not willing to drop the hearld I suggest you drop the LoC and pick up a daemon prince or an exalted instead. With the points you save I would invest in another unit of horrors with a champion.

Do you find the hearld effective at all? I personally believe the hearld is the worst character choice for tzeentch daemons(it is almost a must in other daemon armies though). Seems like a pretty easy target for enemy missles and magic, although you do have lots of targets to choose from.

What is your experience with changebringers? I personally find chariots more effective, but don't have too much experience with changebringers.

Also do you have a pic of the hearld model? It'd be interesting to see.
Time of Madness

***EDIT*** Just noticed the pic of your hearld in the gallary! very nice!

--------------------
The lions sing and the hills take flight.
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
- Robert Jordan
Runefang
Posted: Oct 3 2004, 01:44 AM

Plaguebearer

Member No.: 40

I've found the Changebringers pretty fine for flank charges against infantry with the LoC. Also, they can be used as a screen for my characters aa they are pretty vulnerable to Skaven shooting (S5 Warp-Lightnings, S6 jezzails and the like...). They are also pretty durable compared to my other troops which are very fragile.

The pic of my Herald can be found in the painting section.

--------------------
How do you pronounce "Tzeentch" without a two-headed tongue?
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1725 seconds | Archive