zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to The Daemonic Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

The Colonial GT 2011 Announced, April 8-10 USA Princeton NJ
gjnoronh
Posted: Jul 12 2010, 08:31 PM

Lord of the Skull Throne

Group: Admin
Member No.: 126

http://thecolonialgt.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=39025#39025

Hello all,

Just wanted to let you all know that I have just secured the location of the 2011 Colonial GT! It is the Westin Hotel at the Forrestal Village in Princeton New Jersey. I will be sending out a welcome letter from the hotel that will outline the amenities they are giving us, as well as an outline of the surrounding area. They were very happy to host this event this year and look forward to our future events! The dates for the event is the 8th, 9th, and 10th, April 2011.

Here are a few bullets that outline some of the amenities and other tidbits for the 2011 Colonial GT:
• They are going to open up happy hour earlier than normal, and keep the bar open until 2 am.
• They will be offering discounts on meals that are eaten at their restaurant in the hotel.
• A Starbucks next to the playing space in the hotel.
• Offering a “lunch to go” that is a sandwich, chips and drinks combo. I will get the final price soon; I will be having a meeting with the restaurant owners.
• They dropped well below the business rate of $149.00 for rooms, and are giving us the rooms for $119.00. The standard cost of the rooms is $165.00.
• The area has a food court right outside the hotel within walking distance. There is a Bar and Grill there that I will also visit and see what they can do for us.
• Indoor/Outdoor pool.
• I will be offering special package deals for guys that sign up for rooms and before a given deadline.
• Looking to do activities on Friday night, hopefully I can find the rules for Chariot races, and will be doing Gladiator Pit Fighting.
• I am in the process of developing a logo for the event, and generating shirts that you can prepay for before the event, and I will have some there.
• Doing a raffle drawing for free prizes, which tickets will be attached to the package deals. Details will be finalized soon.
• I am releasing tickets to this event as prizes in other tournaments. The first ticket is the Big Show at Showcase Comics (fantasy of course!). Stay Tuned!
• An easy to use online link supplied by the hotel to reserve rooms.

I look forward to seeing all of you at the 2011 Colonial GT!

--------------------

It's pretty hypocritical to deride GW for valuing their pocketbooks over what's good for the growth of the hobby while you are buying on ebay and playing in your friendly local gaming store.
gjnoronh
Posted: Nov 14 2010, 02:33 PM

Lord of the Skull Throne

Ladies and Gentlemen,

This is a friendly reminder that we are accepting payment for the 2011 Colonial GT beginning on November 1st! If you register for the event before March 12th, your payment for the event will be $80.00, that's $10.00 off!

So please register on the web site that lets us know that you are coming. You will be able to make your payment to secure your slot for the event.

The Master List will be maintained by the Tournament Organizer, and there will be a living list (in the forum) in a thread with the subject title of "Master List."

Remember that you can only secure your slot when I receive your payment. The price for the event is $90.00 unless you pre-register and prepay before the deadline date....then it is only $80.00

I am working with Winthrop Design to place an easy to pay button or link on the Colonial site.

In the meantime, please follow the directions for payment that is listed in the general rules for the event, under the tab of "Game Play."

Do you need a hotel room for the event? See the easy link on the bottom of every page that says "Starwood Hotels and Resorts", or click on the link "Click here for your reservations." This is so you can make your reservations as you register for the event. Otherwise you may call the hotel and make your reservations over the phone, just make sure to say that you are under the group "Colonial GT."

I look forward to seeing all of you at the Colonial GT!

Chris Nanry (MM)
www.thecolonialgt.com

--------------------

It's pretty hypocritical to deride GW for valuing their pocketbooks over what's good for the growth of the hobby while you are buying on ebay and playing in your friendly local gaming store.
gjnoronh
Posted: Dec 31 2010, 11:34 AM

Lord of the Skull Throne

They have added 40K to the event as well - now with a total of 11 tickets available to the GW Las Vegas GT event

http://thecolonialgt.com/forums30/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2883

--------------------

gjnoronh
Posted: Jan 11 2011, 07:30 PM

Lord of the Skull Throne

During the Months of January and February, the GamesWorkshop Store in Echelon Village will be running The Official Colonial GT Qualifier with the goal of handing out a free ticket to the 2011 Colonial GT!

GamesWorkshop has been offered one free ticket to the 2011 Colonial GT to award to the winner of the Colonial GT Qualifier.
During the months of January and February, the player who accumulates the most points total by playing a total of Ten Games in 2 months (2 pick up games per month in which you may choose your opponent) and (2 Three Round Rogue Trader Tournaments on the Last Saturday of January and February) will win the ticket.
The list follows the normal rules and restrictions for the Colonial GT and army list must be that of 2500 points for Warhammer Fantasy.
Painting for the qualifiers is not required but keep in mind it is mandatory to have it painted for the Colonial GT. Painting will be in consideration for Overall.
The Point of Contact for the Qualifiers is:

Michael DiCicco

Hobby Center Operator

Gamesworkshop

Echelon Village

856-627-0101 856-627-0101

--------------------

gjnoronh
Posted: Mar 6 2011, 03:55 PM

Lord of the Skull Throne

Greetings all!

This is a reminder that we have reached the March 5th deadline for restriction on 40k slots for the event. At this time, if there are any slots not taken for the event, they may be taken for either gaming system. Please see the Master List for availability!

See you at the Colonial GT!

-Chris

Mastermoulder@TheColonialGT.com

www.thecolonialgt.com

--------------------

gjnoronh
Posted: Mar 21 2011, 07:42 PM

Lord of the Skull Throne

--------------------

Big AL
Posted: Apr 13 2011, 09:37 AM

Baal, Lord of Destruction

Group: Heralds
Member No.: 831

Any word on the results?

--------------------
~Big AL
Best General '07 Colonial!
1st Place Overall '08 Necronomicon!
1st Place Overall '08 Chicago GT
'08 GT Circuit Champion!!!
PAGE 5!
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1518 seconds | Archive