Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Daemonic Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

1850 (first) tournament list
Setite
Posted: Mar 7 2010, 03:23 PM

Lil' Nurgling

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,349

So, I have a tournament coming up, and was wondering if anyone had thoughts or advice on my list:
HQ:
Bloodthirster, might, blessings
HoT w/chariot, sorcery, legion and bolt
HoS w/mount, icon

Elite:
Bloodcrushers (3)
Fiends (6)
Flamers (3)

Troop:
Plaguebearers (8)
Plaguebearers (7)
Horrors w/Changeling

Fast:
Seekers (10)

Heavy:
Soulgrinder w/phlegm
Souldgrinder w/phlegm
Daemon Prince (no upgrades)

Comes out to 1850 even. I'm thinking the Thirster, both SG, HoT, HoS w/seekers and Fiends for my first wave. Any thoughts or criticism is welcome and appreciated.

Apparently, I put this in the wrong spot, should be in the 40k section..sorry. If a Mod would move it for me it would be great, instead of redundant posts...

This post has been edited by Setite on Mar 7 2010, 04:06 PM
Finnigan2004
Posted: Mar 7 2010, 08:30 PM

Exalted Daemon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 780

Hey Setite. I think that I've teleported this to the right section. It's my first "move". As for comments, I'd love to help you. Unfortunately, I'm not that competent to comment on 40k lists. I will say that it would look great on the table top with all the big creatures.
Setite
Posted: Mar 8 2010, 12:23 AM

Lil' Nurgling

yeah, I didn't notice the 40k spot till after I posted, thanks. and with all the big guys, thats what i'm hoping for...too many big juicy targets for them to decide
Hardrainfalling
Posted: Mar 8 2010, 06:09 AM

Changebringer

Member No.: 1,482

armour for the daemon prince is a must

how many horrors?

--------------------
fourteen
Posted: Mar 8 2010, 10:22 AM

Changebringer

Member No.: 547

Drop the bloodthirster. He is overcosted and will die when your opponent turns his guns on him. You need more troops and upgrades for your daemon prince, definately armour and maybe a few things like might or god specific stuff. Do this by scaling back your seekers a little or swapping them for a slightly larger unit of daemonettes. Then think about a great unclean one if you have the points, they're awesome for they're points- you can't argue with re-rolling 2+ to wound on the majority of things. otherwise looks good. every 40k daemon army needs 6 fiends.

Fourteen out.

--------------------

"Disease and Dismay,
Death unto Life,
Father Nurgle is All and bestows these gifts generously.
Now, Dispair, Mortal...
Your poxes shall be as delectable as they will be uncountable,
even to the Tallyman himself.
You will die, slowly, so that His contagions may live!"

The fear of Blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
Setite
Posted: Mar 8 2010, 03:08 PM

Lil' Nurgling

I have 10 horrors (whoops). The demon prince is mainly there for a scare tactic. I was kicking around the idea of dropping the dp and slannesh herald and taking a guo. I was actually planning on letting the thirster die...I was hoping that by taking him it would let my fiends, crushers and seekers get into assault range because everyone would focus fire on him, then the soulgrinders. And the Dp was just a cheap scary target for then (omg its a daemon prince!! kill it!) Granted, I've never used my daemons in a tourney before. Think I should drop the seekers or crushers?
Hardrainfalling
Posted: Mar 9 2010, 04:36 AM

Changebringer

Member No.: 1,482

i'd keep the bloodthrister you need the anti armour and a great old one although tough is too slow

--------------------
Setite
Posted: Mar 11 2010, 11:05 AM

Lil' Nurgling

Ok, so I changed a few things up, so let me know what you think of this:
Hq:
Bloodthirster, might, blessing
HoT, bolt, master, legion, chariot

Fast:
Fiends (6)
Flamers (6)

Troop:
Bloodletters (13)
Daemonettes (13) icon
Plaguebearers (8) icon
Plaguebearers (7)
Horrors (5) w/changeling

Heavy:
Soulgrinder (x2) Pleghm

Models I have: 1 of each of the greater daemons, skulltaker, the masque, 24 letters, 30 nettes, 25 plaguebearers, 5 bloodcrushers, 10 horrors, 9 flamers, 14 flesh hounds, 6 seekers, 3 daemon princes.
I just listed this in case it helps for switching things out
Chaos4reaL
Posted: Apr 3 2011, 11:38 AM

Pleasureseeker

Member No.: 2,616

How did the tourne go? What was your final list? To many just go for the goods and leave the important stuff for the imagination. Details please.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1998 seconds | Archive