Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Daemonic Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Keeper of Secrets, Best Set up
ryank
Posted: Jan 3 2010, 09:09 PM

Lil' Nurgling

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,277

New to the Daemonic Legions and am wanting to go the Mono Slaanesh army with the Keeper as my General/Lord in 2250+ battles. What would the members of this site suggest kitting him/her out with?

I was tempted to go with Allure, Torment Blade, and Enrapturing Gaze but then unsure about the Level upgrades. Is it worthwhile upgrading to lvl2, 3 or 4?

Thanks to all that help this lost soul of the Daemonic Legion of Slaanesh.
Torment
Posted: Jan 4 2010, 09:07 AM

Changebringer

Member No.: 1,447

Siren song is considered the best slaanesh gight i think, better anyway than th allure or enrapturing gaze. Exceptions my be when you bring the ledership sinking things like the masque and the icon of despair.

As Slaanesh magic bases itself on leadership tests it becomes very worthwhile if you bring those leadership destroying things, but otherwise i would probably not upgrade.

--------------------
Daemonic in mind, but Tomb King in heart.
gjnoronh
Posted: Jan 4 2010, 09:56 AM

Lord of the Skull Throne

Group: Admin
Member No.: 126

Magic level depends on how many other dice you are bringing to the table. 3-6 total casting dice generally does nothing 8-10 does something.

So don't upgrade him/her/it unless you've got some other casters.

Siren song is the most effective gift in the book IMO

--------------------

It's pretty hypocritical to deride GW for valuing their pocketbooks over what's good for the growth of the hobby while you are buying on ebay and playing in your friendly local gaming store.
ryank
Posted: Jan 4 2010, 01:46 PM

Lil' Nurgling

Member No.: 2,277

Siren Song is a one use only power and after that, what else can be done used?

FallenTurtle
Posted: Jan 4 2010, 01:56 PM

Daemonette

Member No.: 1,275

this is my setup on my keeper, Torment blade, Allure, Song lvl 3

I only run him, and another level 1 herald, and although getting spells off is hard against heavy magic armies, the defense of him being a level 3 and in combination of a level 1 gives me enough dispel dice to stop spells that i dont want to go off.

and no i dont run horrors in my army either.
Talonz
Posted: Jan 5 2010, 11:33 PM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 1,456

Im thinking song, torment, hunger these days. Nothing else really grabs my attention.

lvl 3/4 magic, assuming you have at least 2 lvl1s to support it.
Atrocity
Posted: Jan 6 2010, 08:01 AM

Daemon Prince

Member No.: 114

Spirit Swallower is the best gift IMO, makes your kipper immortal once you get into combat and your opponent most likely won't even get half the points for it.
Siren Song is kinda boring to play as well as making it not possible to take spirit swallower, making a VC general charge first turn and killing him is really dull (taking the most horrible use of siren song).

--------------------
How RAW can you go?
Couchmonster
Posted: Jan 6 2010, 10:21 AM

Changebringer

Member No.: 1,103

I have to say I'm with Atrocity on this one. Spirit Swallower is AMAZING!

Add magic levels to taste tongue.gif
Daydream
Posted: Jan 10 2010, 05:56 PM

Lil' Nurgling

Member No.: 2,204

I've had good success with Allure, Gaze, Siren and Tormentor Blade. I also run the -2 Leadership banner though, and it contributes to Allure, Gaze and Tormentor.

I also feel that Siren is the best ability in the codex.

I did try spirit swallower for awhile, but I found that having ASF actually hurt spirit swallower. Ideally you would take some wounds, get them back with spirit swallower, and then take your break test. But with ASF you do wounds, gain nothing, then take wounds and a break test. I always seemed to never use spirit swallower.

Also note that I have not had trouble with shooting armies, and my Keeper usually made it to combat with full wounds. I feel that a competent player shouldn't worry about shooting since they can use terrain to keep the Keeper safe.
Pepsuber
Posted: Jan 29 2010, 04:28 AM

Plaguebearer

Member No.: 2,126

Siren song is great. Use it on an enemy wizard or other character so he can't deny a challenger. Allure and Gaze are also musts and it forces a base ldr test to even hit you. Very good on hydras and manticores. They have an average Ldr of 5. Torment blade makes multi wound characters take 2 ldr tests to hit you should they survive your barrage. As for magic, id go ahead with the level 4. Our magic is too good not to maximize.
Finnigan2004
Posted: Feb 16 2010, 08:34 AM

Exalted Daemon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 780

I've taken to spirit swallower because my keeper tends to get shot up before combat and because the regeneration suits my fluff. Another set up that I actually like is allure of slaanesh, temptator, and torment blade. Throw in four levels of magic, and he can beat a bloodthirster in the arena of doom with fairly average luck. Yes, he costs more, but beating a 'thirster mano a mano is cool. I always upgrade for magic in addition to gifts.

Note, I'm not telling you either is optimal. Siren song is almost certainly in the mix of an optimal build. I just find them cool. I actually find most of the 'keepers gifts to be fun and relatively useful, with the exception of etherblade (fifty points on a strength 6/ armour piercer is silly).
darthpoodoo
Posted: Apr 3 2011, 04:03 PM

Horror

Member No.: 2,724

my step up is : siren song , allure , temptetor right behind his ass Masque and herald with -2 banner !!!
usally my oponent's top character busy choping up his onw unit and the rest of his unit cannot pass the ld test to hit back !!!!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0882 seconds | Archive