Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Daemonic Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

'Estalia Summary', One of the Ideas for the Campiagn
daemonic badger
Posted: Mar 24 2005, 08:52 AM

Daemonette

Group: Members
Member No.: 130

this is a thread for one of the main ideas fr the campiagn, ill post here whatever info about ican find.

Introduction: Estalia

Estalia is a country in the Old World. It is south of Bretonnia and West of Tilea. The setting for the campaign will deal with a civil war that has been started by evil forces in Estalia.

Background Story

In official fluff the Skaven influenced Araby to invade Estalia which started the 600 year crusade and eventually Araby was beaten. My ideas about Estalia are that the Inquisition came to power during the crusade and it was with their help that the Arabyans were defeated. Official fluff also mentions that at the time of invasion the rulers of Estalia were weak. So after or during the crusade the inquisition replaced them installing the Grand Inquisitor as the ruler of Estalia. To prevent civil war the nobles and their armies did not challenge the inquisitions take-over but on the condition that they would be free from Inquisitorial investigation.

However the nobles were not happy with their fall from power and were jealous of the Inquisition. Chaos is strong where there is lust for power and the noblity were seduced by the promise of regaining their power. Finally the nobles launched their bid for power and the Grand Inquisitor was killed and the noble's armies were in control of most of the major cities of Estalia. Many of the Inquisition escaped and appealed to the other countries of the Old World for help. The help was granted and the second crusade has begun.

Meanwhile the Wood Elf community in Estalia is under constant attack from the Beasts and the armies of the nobles. Chaos wants the sacred groves destroyed so that the malign influence of Chaos can spread further. The Lizardmen and High Elves have noticed the events in Estalia and are rushing to help the Wood Elves defend themselves against Chaos. Meanwhile there are many other sites throughout Estalia that Chaos want obliterated but must be saved at any cost.

War draws those who seek to feed on the suffering. Dark Elf Black Arks have been seen along the coast lines of Estalia raiding coastal towns for slaves. The Chaos Dwarves have also come to kill a traitor who is selling the secrets behind thier engines of war. Rumours of man-sized rats have spread around the country, and the dead are walking the land once more.

War also draws those who only seek to fight. The Orc tribes who had been kept in check by the Inquisition have surged in strength and its only a matter of time until a leader emerges and a great Waaaagh begins. Ogre mercenaries have increased in number as they see the benefits that war brings to their trade.

General Information

The map will cover the whole of Estalia and possibly the Southern portions of Bretonnia and the Western areas of Tilea. A victory point system would be best for determining who wins the campaign with points being given for control of regions in Estalia and faction objectives. At the end of the campaign the most VPs wins.

thi is the basic summary.
and Here, is the orignal thread. ill keep you posted on any updates.
Sarkan
Posted: Mar 24 2005, 09:02 AM

Bloodcrusher

Group: Members
Member No.: 36

Personally, I don't particualarly like this idea. It sounds good on the whole, but I just feel that the reason that Chaos is there is a bit odd. I mean what a coincedance that as the Inquisition gets booted and summons aid, Chaos decide, not to attack places like Bretonnia that have sent men to help, to attack Estalia, a place swarming with followers of the False Gods!

To be perfectly honesty, I really prefer the idea about the Southern Continent/South Chaos Wastes!

--------------------
Hello! I'm a signature virus! Please add me to your signature to help me grow!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1477 seconds | Archive