zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to The Daemonic Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Sacred Cow
Posted: May 18 2008, 05:01 PM

Changebringer

Group: Members
Member No.: 583

Ok, I am having Avatar envy over here tongue.gif
I can't figure out how to make my avatar larger. I want to use the picture I have just a lot larger. What am I doing wrong? You can barely see my Bloodthirster let alone any detail on him.
Kristov
Posted: May 18 2008, 05:49 PM

The Dual Axed Bloodthirster

Member No.: 310

i just used paint to make mine the maximum dimension size the forum allows, then uplodaded the image from my computer... or wait... did I use the photobucket one.. one of the two, try uploading if that doesn't work, try linking it from photobucket

-Kristov: King of the FW Thirster avatars!

jk wink.gif

--------------------
I have no idea how in the world I got my avatar picture of my Bloodthirster to look so good.
I didn't photoshop it, all I did was snap it and crop it, and it came out uber bad ass as you can see. wink.gif
Sacred Cow
Posted: May 18 2008, 06:25 PM

Changebringer

I just can't seem to get it. I tried both ways. Anytime I try to make my picture any larger I get the message in My Controls:
Your avatar must be no bigger than 100 pixels by 100 pixels in size. Uploaded avatars from your computer must be no larger than 25 KB.

The picture I have up right now is 100x75 as it gets too distorted when I try 100x100.

Any suggestions? I tried the MS paint and photobucket.
Trogdor
Posted: May 18 2008, 09:03 PM

The Burninator!!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Well, a while ago I had the max size set to 200X200. Some people's avatar at that size stuck out a bit and messed up some of the left margins (like good ol' Kristov there). It didn't particularly bug me, but Wyrmling_X and a few others were bugged by it and wanted a more coherent forum look (and I can't fault them for that). So he made the change to limit the avatar size to 100X100. So now everyone who makes an avatar change will have to play by the new rules. If you had an avatar selected before the change was made though it would not be affected. So basically, anything with a larger size was selected before the new size restriction went into place. If they ever change their avatar it will have to play by the new rules. Hope that explains it a bit.

--------------------
And Trogdor smote the Kerrek and all was laid to Burnination!

If the Gods want a man to live
No one can kill him

If the Gods want a man to die
No one can save him

If I am hunting you
The Gods want you dead

user posted image

Sacred Cow
Posted: May 18 2008, 11:04 PM

Changebringer

100x100 is just too small to make out clearly. Can we get it back to 200x200 and keep it consistant there?

grrr!

I had it larger before but then I deleted it to see if I liked my GUO greater daemon but it came out small, then I tried to go back to my Bloodthirster and now it is too small.

Not happy LOL!
Enfant Terrible
Posted: May 19 2008, 02:34 AM

Daemonette

Member No.: 1,400

I for one gets pretty anoyed with the huge avatars ... it makes looking at the forum a pain in the a .... guess that's why it was changed in the first place!

--------------------
What the Foucault!
Trogdor
Posted: May 20 2008, 01:05 PM

The Burninator!!

Maybe we'll throw up a vote. Wyrm did act a bit unilaterally, but being an admin kind of gives him that perogative wink.gif

--------------------

No one can kill him

No one can save him

If I am hunting you
The Gods want you dead

user posted image

Trogdor
Posted: May 20 2008, 01:38 PM

The Burninator!!

OK, I think I have found a good compromise. How about we increase the avatar max size to 150X200? Mine is very nearly that and that way the left margin is not encroached upon and so we don't have any uneven margins but it allows for a taller image so it's not so small.

How's that?

--------------------

No one can kill him

No one can save him

If I am hunting you
The Gods want you dead

user posted image

Sykstus
Posted: May 20 2008, 02:58 PM

Changebringer

Member No.: 1,259

Good idea wink.gif
Mwab
Posted: May 21 2008, 02:22 AM

Horror

Member No.: 1,427

I'm in favor of Trogdor's compromise! smile.gif

Edit: Ahh, now this is more like it.
decker_cky
Posted: May 21 2008, 03:14 AM

Plaguerider

Member No.: 96

Yay! Bigger avatars without ruining the tables is a good thing.

--------------------
user posted image
Negativemoney
Posted: May 21 2008, 07:26 AM

Daemon Prince

Member No.: 1,350

I personally Like avatars they way they are right now. I have seen so many boards ruined by people with oversized avatars and sigs. Sometimes it just takes away from the posts and that is when you start to loose people on the boards.

--------------------
I am T.F.G.

"Look at the world and tell me the joys of sanity!"

"Do you know that every time someone uses the word 'fluff' instead of 'background', a kitten dies?" - Gav Thorpe

user posted image
Sacred Cow
Posted: May 21 2008, 10:35 PM

Changebringer

Thank you very much Trogdor. Much better smile.gif
Kristov
Posted: May 21 2008, 11:34 PM

The Dual Axed Bloodthirster

Member No.: 310

If i Were you Sacred Cow, I would use or original image and re crop it to make it longer to fill the maximum length, maybe cut a little of the sides so you can make him even bigger.

I think it looks good, I just want you to get the most avatar for your buck wink.gif

--------------------
I have no idea how in the world I got my avatar picture of my Bloodthirster to look so good.
I didn't photoshop it, all I did was snap it and crop it, and it came out uber bad ass as you can see. wink.gif
wyrmling_x
Posted: Jul 8 2008, 10:09 PM

Servant of the Ruinous Powers

Member No.: 1

Heh, sorry - I was just sort of testing it and forgot about it! biggrin.gif

If 200x200 is a popular desire, then that's fine. FINE, I say! I just hate the messy look it creates in the forums is all. However, cropping would be ideal. It's all about visual appeal!

It's just an avatar, people! tongue.gif

EDIT: I see...I'm quite late on this...carry on!

--------------------
“For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.4513 seconds | Archive