Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Daemonic Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

The Warmakers campaign, Get your info here
Trogdor
Posted: Mar 2 2005, 11:55 AM

The Burninator!!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

This is a forum to let you know about a new and large interforum campaign that is in the works. The campaign will be call The Warmakers and will be done in the style of The Storm of Chaos, Albion, etc. The major difference is that GW will not be directly involved. There are a number of forums involved, including a few with 1000+ members. The campaign is in the design stages and if you want to be a part of it I'm sure they would love to have your help. Once the campaign kicks off hopefully the Daemonic Legion can really make it's power felt.

For more information, please check RIGHT HERE.

--------------------
And Trogdor smote the Kerrek and all was laid to Burnination!

If the Gods want a man to live
No one can kill him

If the Gods want a man to die
No one can save him

If I am hunting you
The Gods want you dead

user posted image

Sarkan
Posted: Mar 2 2005, 12:02 PM

Bloodcrusher

Group: Members
Member No.: 36

Sounds very cool to me. Just wondering, are we going to be a participant forum? Anyhow, cheers for the info Trogdor!

--------------------
Hello! I'm a signature virus! Please add me to your signature to help me grow!
Trogdor
Posted: Mar 2 2005, 12:13 PM

The Burninator!!

Yes, I've signed us up to be a participant forum. I have great hopes for this as some of the main developers were part of creating COTEC and the COL in the Storm of Chaos campaign. They will have experince in organizing large groups and putting something like this together.

--------------------

No one can kill him

No one can save him

If I am hunting you
The Gods want you dead

user posted image

Sarkan
Posted: Mar 2 2005, 12:21 PM

Bloodcrusher

OK, great! I was thinking of asking if I could write some fluff for the campaign, but I don't think that I will now, as 1) I'm not sure how much time I'd have, and I wouldn't want to let them down, and 2) I'd rather write fluff for my own armies and characters than somebody else's, so I'm just going to try and get my character in their fluff, as well as taking Skulls for Khorne!

--------------------
Caldius
Posted: Mar 2 2005, 05:59 PM

Plaguebearer

Member No.: 25

Not only is this a totally sweet idea, but it wil help get our name out there. I can't wait to see what sort of story line they are going to use, I had a quick look in the fluff forum there and its looking good. Most seem to involve an island, a good idea because it allows anyything to happen without being affected by GW fluff. One idea I'm gonna bring to attention here is...
The seers and mages of the world have all had prophetic dreams concerning an Island somewhere, where a strange portal has oppened. Some, such as the Empire believe it is a portal to their god(s). Others, such as the Lizardmen and the High Elves, belive it is a rift through to the Warp, and have come to examine and close it. All the races dispach armies to take the island and the portal, and keep it from others. And to send someone threw, or destroy it. But a powerful Deamon Lord of Chaos has ripped it open, and is gathering his hordes to invade the mortal realm. The "god" that the mortals seek is in reality their worst nightmare...
evil.gif evil.gif

An idea like that would be very favorable to us...

--------------------
Q: Who would win in a thumb wrestling war - you or the devil?

A: Well, to make it a fair fight, I'd have to wait until the end of the universe and i bet you arn't gonna be nearly as concerned by then.
Vriishnak
Posted: Mar 2 2005, 07:48 PM

Supreme Lord of Everything Cool

Member No.: 3

Quick thought: as a website, and a race, the Daemonic Legion is going to need a general, a character who, at least in the fluff, makes the decisions and guides the attack. The obvious choice would be Be'Lakor, but I see two obvious problems with that. First, he just got beaten quite handily in SoC, and it seems kinda cheap to have him back and wreaking havoc already. Second, he's a GW creation, and can't be permanently affected by anything we do.

As such, my solution is that we have a contest to see which character the site as a whole likes the best. By no means would they be the only Daemonic character involved, but they'd be the ones making the high-level decisions. And, as much as I'd love to insist that it be Vriishnak, it's only fair that we make the decision as a site, since we'll be playing that way.

--------------------
user posted image
Trogdor
Posted: Mar 3 2005, 12:14 AM

The Burninator!!

Good call. I can smell a new fluff writing and general making competition here. It's about time for another one of those. (It's about time for a painting competition as well.) Maybe we should make it a real deal where the winner of the comp basically gets to make the head Daemonic General of the DL in the campaign. Plus I'd hook him up with some of Trogdors ultra cool chaos decals. wink.gif

--------------------

No one can kill him

No one can save him

If I am hunting you
The Gods want you dead

user posted image

Caldius
Posted: Mar 3 2005, 07:07 AM

Plaguebearer

Damn you totally beat me too it Trog. But before we get to started I think we should wait and see where the campaign is set. Some of the ideas presented, include the southern wastes (oh yes please), some random island, estalia. I think where it's set would have a large impact on who/what we are lead by, for instance if it is set in the southern wastes then we could be lead by some sort of daemon king or a council of daemons that rule over those lands but if it is set in estalia then it would be unlikly the daemon king would be personally involved and it would more likly be somesort of locally daemon who has risen to power/escaped from imprisonment/ fallen from the sky (think the pitlord/be'lakor in mordheim). Also once we know where the campaign is located we can establish some fluff as to why the daemonic legions are even getting involved.

--------------------

A: Well, to make it a fair fight, I'd have to wait until the end of the universe and i bet you arn't gonna be nearly as concerned by then.
Sarkan
Posted: Mar 3 2005, 04:14 PM

Bloodcrusher

Why not combine the ideas. Say that the Deamon that wins the contest gathers other Deamons from the Realm of Chaos and leads them against whoever the enemy is. These Deamons could possibly form a council that is sub-serviant to the Deamon in charge, so this way the winner gets the recognition he deserves, and everyone still gets a mention. Thoughts?

--------------------
Caldius
Posted: Mar 4 2005, 12:25 AM

Plaguebearer

How I think this comp should be done is all the entrys are posted in the Fluff an Battle Reports Forum and a closing date is set. Once the closing date is reached a poll will be created aswell as a list of links to each of the fluff's. Then people will get to vote over a certain amount of time. Once the time is up the winner will be anounced and they will receive a tasty package of... of... well something and also a little crown so he can lead us to victory. In fact I'll draw it up right now.

--------------------

gjnoronh
Posted: Dec 5 2005, 06:47 PM

Lord of the Skull Throne

Member No.: 126

HI folks I've read that the campaign is undergoing a redesign.

http://s2.invisionfree.com/herdstone/index...opic=3272&st=15

I've admittedly never been interested - but is it maybe appropriate to drop this section? Seeing as we are doing some site reconstruction. Maybe move some of these thread into the circle of summoning which is generally quiet

--------------------

It's pretty hypocritical to deride GW for valuing their pocketbooks over what's good for the growth of the hobby while you are buying on ebay and playing in your friendly local gaming store.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2139 seconds | Archive