InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to The Daemonic Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

Bloodcrushers, how to fit them in the list
DaemonReign
Posted: Mar 12 2012, 01:46 PM

The Eternal Bloodletter

Group: Heralds
Member No.: 2,658

*phew* biggrin.gif

Well.. I still wouldn't field 4 Juggers 3 wide just to put the BSB in the backrank. It's perfectly legal of course, but I just wouldn't.

--------------------
Talonz
Posted: Mar 12 2012, 02:02 PM

Greater Daemon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,456

With 2 wounds, you're very unlikely to stop a cannonball anyways....wardsave or die, pretty much.
und_ed
Posted: Mar 12 2012, 04:36 PM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 35

It's a matter of stacking the odds - the opponent needs to roll a 2+ to wound, get through your ward save, then roll a 2+ to kill... they add up. (Anyone who has ever played blood bowl will be familiar with the problem of making multiple "go for it" rolls - there's only so many 2+ rolls in a row you can make reliably)

-und_ed
Talonz
Posted: Mar 12 2012, 04:54 PM

Greater Daemon

I hear ya, and I think we have far more in common than you realize.....dread the;
user posted image
JonathanC
Posted: Mar 12 2012, 07:43 PM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,672

Ugh, that's a sight I have become painfully familiar with in the last month! laugh.gif

(Also, why is it when you use one of your precious re-rolls to try and avoid it, you seem to get the same result again far more often than the odds say you should? huh.gif )

Back OT: for those of you interested in the odds the chance of killing a Crusher with a cannon (assuming it hits) is 50/108, or 46.3%, making putting your Herald in the second rank more likely to protect him than not. The chance of killing the Herald as well in the same shot is 2500/11664, or 21.4%.

--------------------
Come on Tzeentch!

Do you like words and pictures arranged together to tell a story? If so, check out my battle report thread here.
und_ed
Posted: Mar 13 2012, 04:31 AM

Greater Daemon

My nightmare in blood bowl is the dreaded leap - I don't understand why, but Wardancers are perfectly fine right up to the point at which they get a +1 Agility upgrade, at which point they inevitably trip while leaping in their very next game, killing themselves.

Four wardancers, so far all broke their necks in exactly the same manner... it hurts.

-und_ed
Talonz
Posted: Mar 13 2012, 02:01 PM

Greater Daemon

QUOTE (und_ed @ Mar 13 2012, 04:31 AM)

Four wardancers, so far all broke their necks in exactly the same manner... it hurts.

blink.gif
JonathanC
Posted: Mar 13 2012, 05:12 PM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,672

That's really unlucky! Maybe next time you roll up +1AG either choose a different skill instead, or never make leap rolls with him and just stick to dodging.....

--------------------
Come on Tzeentch!

Do you like words and pictures arranged together to tell a story? If so, check out my battle report thread here.
und_ed
Posted: Mar 13 2012, 05:39 PM

Greater Daemon

Kinda defeats the point of a Wardancer to never leap... but ye, the blood bowl gods just hate leaping freaks.

-und_ed
LAV-Kitsune-
Posted: Mar 16 2012, 04:25 AM

Lovely Fox Spirit

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,592

Now lets get back to the topic here. I would definately agree with und_ed here again. Curshers main thing is to put a huge pressure to opponents side. Having greater daemon, juggers and big block of letters with charge banner forces him to have only one turn of shooting unless he started the game. If you have Juggers on your list, I would get less flamers and furies. You dont have much time to shoot if your in combat on turn 2 and you wont be derailing much either for the very same reason. Other than that, you can drop some core daemons, Nurglings and stuff like that to fit the juggers on your list. Usually Jugger lists are just bit smaller than normal daemon lists because of the huge cost of models.

Juggers are very squishy though. Someone made calculations and results presented that they are the squishiest heavy cavalry in the game. So to compensate that lore of life, light or metal could be good idea. Life would be great on resurrecting your expensive 75pts models and greater daemon too. Lore of metal works great on Juggers too as you can throw them 2+ save with glittering robes and get tons of failed stupidity tests with transmutation (since you will very likely have the -2Ld banner).
und_ed
Posted: Mar 16 2012, 05:00 AM

Greater Daemon

I'd never recommend against Flamers.

There's 2 issues at stake here:

1) Flamers are more than just shooting units. They are fast, hard-hitting skirmishers with great resilience, making excellent flankers, or even semi-decent war-machine hunters.

2) a GD + Crushers is horrifically expensive. Any army with both of those is going to be heavily outnumbered in units as well as models. Result of this is that your flamers will have shooting targets even when your crushers are engaged.

-und_ed
mad lamb
Posted: Mar 24 2012, 09:40 AM

Bloodcrusher

Member No.: 854

Und_ed, I agree with you on these notes.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1713 seconds | Archive