Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Daemonic Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

2500 pt Tourney List
Lord Tremendous
Posted: Feb 27 2012, 06:02 PM

Bloodletter

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,065

I dunno. I guess I'm spoiled out here. We don't have these comp restrictions. Generally Special characters aren't allowed but other than that just the normal rules found in the army books and BRB apply. You get to bring what you want and it really comes down to tactics and strat rather than trying to cripple people and force them to use other armies. But... like I said, if I was going to compete in your tournaments I'd prolly just suck it up and make a list to adhere to their restrictions. I guess it just eats at me when I see tournament runners messing with the rules everyone has to play by.

I mean to tell a DoC player he can only have 400 points to make his lord... well that pretty much kills anything but a demon prince... and then a very bare DP... yet the rest of the armies have no problem fielding whatever lord choice(s) they want. Actually, some of the restrictions flat out piss me off.. DoC armies cant take a Magic BSB and Demonic gifts yet VC can have a magic BSB and vampiric gifts... np?

IMO, there's a reason the army books are written the way they are. They aren't all supposed to play the same way. THey all have advantages and disadvantages because each race SHOULD play differently. DE's SHOULD have a bunch of hydras on the field and ogres should have a hellheart and a dispell scroll if they want it. If they pay that much for magic defense that means they have to skimp on offense and thats a HUGE factor when designing a list for competitive play.

I apologise for hijacking your thread. smile.gif It just blew my mind that restrictions like this are so commonplace in other parts of the world. IMO it weakens the competition because when you go to a GW GT (If you go) you wont see those restrictions and be at a Severe disadvantage since, at best, you've been playing with your arms tied behind your back. (i.e. you arent used to seeing what you'll be up against in a GW GT)

More of my free opinions. I'll stop hijacking your thread... however, (Other than the Obsidian armor on the BSB) my suggestions to your list still stand. lol!

Good luck! I'm looking forward to reading your Battle reports!

-Tremendous

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
brother_maynard
Posted: Mar 9 2012, 09:15 PM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,484

Ok, the latest incarnation of the list looks like so, i just dropped one of the nurgling units for 2 solo crushers. one unit of nurglings is incredibly useful, i always had a job for one but with two, i struggled to find something that they could handle without being a waste. so i've dropped them for 2 solo crushers which i plan to put on chaff-hunting duty. this will release the fiends to really do some dirty things with that M10 and soporific musk! I'm headed to an uncomped 3 game event tomorrow (yes Daemonreign, there will be video reports Rock_emoticon.gif ), to put the daemons to work! i was REALLY torn between this army and my beastmen, i hope i made the right choice...

Great Unclean One
Pestilent Mucus, stream of bile
level 4

Herald of Khorne
Armor, Firestorm Blade

Herald of Khorne BSB
Icon of Despair

Herald of Tzeentch
Spell Breaker, Master of Sorcery (light)

28 Bloodletters
FC, +D6" charge icon

28 Bloodletters
Standard, Muso

5 Furies

3 Nurglings

2 solo crushers

2 solo Fiends

6 Flamers

QUOTE (Tremendous)
I dunno. I guess I'm spoiled out here.

where did you say you play, Tremendous?

--------------------
Lord Tremendous
Posted: Mar 9 2012, 10:32 PM

Bloodletter

Member No.: 3,065

QUOTE (brother_maynard @ Mar 9 2012, 09:15 PM)

QUOTE (Tremendous)
I dunno. I guess I'm spoiled out here.

where did you say you play, Tremendous?

I'm in Shreveport, Louisiana. Played in a couple of the Dallas, TX Lone Wolf GT's (Placed 15th my first year and tied for 10th the next... havent made it since due to work and wife) and make the rounds in my area. No ETC or any other restrictions.

Our rules are simple. No special Characters. Other than that the BRB details all the rules and usually there are scenerios.

And we play at 2500 points regularly.

Unadulterated fun! biggrin.gif

-Tremendous

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
brother_maynard
Posted: Mar 10 2012, 09:13 PM

Greater Daemon

ok so the list performed extremely well (duh) but i ended the day with 2 slight losses and a massive win. I lost my first game vs the chaos knight bus thats all the rage up here in the NE (he rolled divine greatness turn 2, ugh!), massacred an offshoot of olannon's dragon lord high elf list in game 2, and a slight loss to the legion of azgorh list in my final game. holy crap is the destroyer nasty! video battle reports to go up soon!

--------------------
brother_maynard
Posted: Mar 11 2012, 05:58 PM

Greater Daemon

--------------------
tor
Posted: Mar 11 2012, 07:05 PM

Pleasureseeker

Member No.: 3,015

Good rep! Those Chaos Dwarfs are nasty and I agree on the Bullcentaur thing. I actually think that they will end up on 50mm bases.
zhambah
Posted: Mar 11 2012, 07:53 PM

Plaguerider

Member No.: 2,906

excellent battle reports as usual maynard, could i ask you a favour, could you take some pics of your furies, couldnt get a decent view on youtube =\

game #1 knight bus is horrible, i found lore of metal is the only thing that holds a candle, but then again thats just friendly play, and obviously light is more beneficial over all

game #2 your friend, to put it mildly, played horribly, he made pretty much all the wrong decisions when it came to combat, shame really, was hoping for a better game vs high elf, but you pretty much destroyed him

game #3 yeah the bull centaurs should of been on 40mm base size (Legion of Asgorh Bull Centaurs) i'm surprised they allowed them in a tournament on 25x50... ah well, and you really got unlucky at the end their... i usually save my flamers to pick off units that flee, or if the opponent tries to point denial by taking something out of the unit, its easy points usually, i personally would of cut my losses with the bloodletters and got the flamers the hell out of there, i know you never want to lose a unit. ah well, differently play style eh, anyway, great reports, keep 'em coming
brother_maynard
Posted: Mar 11 2012, 08:11 PM

Greater Daemon

excellent battle reports as usual maynard, could i ask you a favour, could you take some pics of your furies, couldnt get a decent view on youtube =\

sure, here they are without paint on them- http://z7.invisionfree.com/wyrmling_x/inde...?showtopic=9350
i'll put more up when they're finished

game #1 knight bus is horrible, i found lore of metal is the only thing that holds a candle, but then again thats just friendly play, and obviously light is more beneficial over all

well i did some theorizing and i think my critical mistake was giving him the charge on the bloodletters. i should have thrown the GUO in his face and forced the knights to charge him or be charged. my general would have killed his BSB in the ensuing challenge and the combination of miasma and mucus should do a good job of destroying the unit even with the 3+ ward. my 2 bloodletter units would have been free to murder his army while the knights struggled with the GUO. without miasma, the combat lasts 7-8 rounds eventually ending in the knights favor, getting miasma through ends it in 1-2 turns with dead knights.

game #2 your friend, to put it mildly, played horribly, he made pretty much all the wrong decisions when it came to combat, shame really, was hoping for a better game vs high elf, but you pretty much destroyed him

lol, i agree, i took no pleasure in the victory. i played exactly as i would if he was some stranger though, the best way to learn tournament play is by experiencing it! and he pulled the list off the net- this report is reason #1 not to do that, he had no idea what to do.

game #3 yeah the bull centaurs should of been on 50mm base size, i'm surprised they allowed them in a tournament on 25x50... ah well, and you really got unlucky at the end their... i usually save my flamers to pick off units that flee, or if the opponent tries to point denial by taking something out of the unit, its easy points usually, i personally would of cut my losses with the bloodletters and got the flamers the hell out of there, i know you never want to lose a unit. ah well, differently play style eh, anyway, great reports, keep 'em coming

you're definitely right, i was just not ready for how nasty those bull centaurs are, i was still under the impression that redirecting the cannon/destroyer would allow me to save the unit... oh well, next time, thats right where the GUO is going. miasma + their profile = match made in heaven. i hope to cross paths with his chaos dwarfs again, with a little more knowledge of the army i'm sure i can take him down.

Good rep!
thanks tor

--------------------
JonathanC
Posted: Mar 12 2012, 07:27 PM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,672

I watched the last one as I wanted to see what some other players were doing with their Chaos Dwarfs, as I've not used the new list much yet. While a lot of the stuff seems nasty you definitely pay the points for it (Bull Centaurs and Infernal Guard especially), only the Magma Cannons and K'dai Destroyer stand out as being potentially OP (OK, definitely OP in the Magma Cannons case).

I'm a bit non-plussed by the link Zambah posted though on the Bull Centaur base size, its just a poll on the CD site where the majority favour 40x40 bases - there are no hard and fast rules on it. Personally I'm leaving mine on cav bases until there is an FAQ ruling or FW bring out new (and probably bigger) models, in which case if the base size changes I'll happily follow suit. The generally accepted rule is "mount it on the base size it comes with" after all. I don't want to re-base them now and then find I have to do it again in 6 months time 'cause I chose the wrong size.

As to how well you did in that game, like you said yourself the main problem was you didn't use many of your support units very well. If you still had a Crusher or Fiend spare at the end they could have chased that last Centaur off the table, but I'm sure you realise this now. wink.gif

--------------------
Come on Tzeentch!

Do you like words and pictures arranged together to tell a story? If so, check out my battle report thread here.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1411 seconds | Archive