Welcome to The Daemonic Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

How to - Herald of Slaanesh on Steed?, No GW model?
Laughingcarp
Posted: Sep 25 2014, 01:44 PM

Horror

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,846

Hey all! After reading around on here I've decided to try out a large unit of Seekers w/Herald on Steed.
I thought there was an official GW model for Herald of Slaanesh on Steed, but can't find it on GW so was wondering how you folks build yours?

Just using bits from the basic Seekers kit, or do you do something fancy?

Thankee kindly for any tips and tricks you've learned along your travels!

--------------------
I dedicate these deaths to Odin Allfather, Spearshaker, One Eye.
Rock hard, ride free, and hold the heathen hammer high!

Sons of the Last Breath renegade warband of Chaos Space Marines
AGPO
Posted: Sep 26 2014, 04:51 AM

Daemonette

Member No.: 1,081

I'm on my phone so I can't post pics of mine, but a little kitbashing is your friend here. The chariot steeds stand out amongst the regular models due to their headgear, and the whip arm and a different head from the herald in the box will distinguish your model further. Lastly the hellstrider spear looks pretty good too.
Arachnomen
Posted: Sep 26 2014, 05:58 AM

Horror

Member No.: 3,848

I was thinking of mixing Darkblade's old cold one (the fat one) with a Seeker steed to create an unique-looking mount for the herald. I can also second the chariot Seekers because of their headgear (I use them as unit champions myself). Otherwise maybe a cold one mount could do the trick if you want to stand out in a simple way. smile.gif
Turbotomte
Posted: Sep 27 2014, 02:45 AM

Horror

Member No.: 3,617

I'm using the chariot steed, and the whip+head from the chariot kit.
Laughingcarp
Posted: Oct 3 2014, 06:35 PM

Horror

Member No.: 3,846

Ok cool thanks for tips.
Lol doesn't sound like anyone is actually building chariots hey?

--------------------
I dedicate these deaths to Odin Allfather, Spearshaker, One Eye.
Rock hard, ride free, and hold the heathen hammer high!

Sons of the Last Breath renegade warband of Chaos Space Marines
D4RK PR1NCE
Posted: Oct 10 2014, 02:24 PM

Horror

Member No.: 3,594

You get a fair few spare heads with the chariot kits, especially when you have 3 of them wink.gif Oh and claws, bad-ass brutal claws.
Philfy
Posted: Dec 5 2014, 10:43 AM

Lil' Nurgling

Member No.: 1,141

I haven't done mine yet although i have collated the bitz for it.

I use the dark elf Cold Ones (The latest ones) for my Steeds of Slaanesh, and the plastic Daemonette riders don't fit on those (legs are too close together). So I've used the older metal Steed rider model legs (which do fit and happily were easily found on ebay) and then normal plastic daemonette torso's on top.

For the herald I intend to use the top half of a masque model. Basically cut her of at the waist and fit it to the same set of legs as what I have used for my normal riders.

The masque makes for a pretty cool herald, and the way she is posed makes it relatively easy to convert her to holding a standard if you want to use her as a BSB too.

Our gaming meta here in NZ doesn't use a "lot" of special characters so there tends to be little confusion in regards to what she is model wise. When I do use special characters the problem is solved simply by having a model painted in the same colours as the GW model.

--------------------
Check out my Warhammer Blog here:

Daemonic Lizards
eastern barbarian
Posted: Dec 11 2014, 09:50 PM

Pleasureseeker

Member No.: 2,997

here;s what I did: http://mightyminiatures.wordpress.com/2013...laanesh-herald/

other herald I use is a chaos warriors slaanesh lord on a boobworm, whcih aslo works great.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 2.0782 seconds | Archive