Create your own social network with a free forum.
|Welcome to The Daemonic Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.|
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:
2999 competitive tournament list
Member No.: 3,100
Joined: 1-April 12
I started my daemon army about half a year ago, playing them a lot since then, and in two weeks I'm playing my first tournament with them. The tournament is 2999 points, 50 people (half of them are quite good players, even some ETC players) and is very battle standard-based. So I decided to post my list thoughs, looking to some advise to finish and send it this weekend.
The tournament has 3 battles:
- 1st: Objectives. 3 CDs placed randomly by organisers on the battlefield. Those are captured -only- by having a unit with a standard over them at the end of the battle. No victory points, just # of objectives controlled at the end of the game.
- 2nd: Standard capturing. 1 standard killed=1 point. general=2 points.
- 3nd: normal battle, most victory points win.
This means I should have at least 3 standards in the army, and as I feel daemonettes are too easy to kill, I'm thinking of two big blocks of PB and BL, and 3 bloodcrushers. Also, a juggernaut herald which may go with BL or bloodcrushers. And a BSB (would you put it in the juggy herald or the nurgle one?). Of course, my GD is the GUO, aka Great Potato.
GUO level 4
Regeneration+Breath OR Bale sword (which would you pick?)
juggernaut, armor and sword.
BSB herald of Nurgle
Full command and banner of corruption
1 Fiend of Slaanesh
1 Fiend of Slaanesh
Champion, standard and +1D6 charge banner
5 Flamers (I love these guys)
This leaves me about 350 points, for which I'm thinking of different options (I may pick 2 of these 4):
- Herald of Tzeench with "dispell scroll" and master of sorcery. I've been playing lore of shadows, because of its synergies with lore of Nurgle. However, the high casting cost of most shadow spells makes it practically inviable in a level 2, leaving few dices to cast plaguewind. So I'm thinking of lore of heavens, which is a well-balanced lore. It has some hexs, destruction spells, a great buff, and most of them for 12+ or less difficulty. I'm definately not picking life (seems useless to me for a guy who's going to be alone in the battlefield), and light is decent, too. Which would you pick?
- Herald of khorne on charriot. I have a cool conversion for this guy, and he's quite destructive. He also causes "fear", not only in the sense of dice-rolling, but in the sense most people fear a charriot of Strengh 5, with a WS7 S7 guy on it. So this guy will get too much attention while the rest of the army does his job. And he's not going to get much cannon shots (hopefully), as the GUO will be on the field.
- 5 Flesh hounds. 10 WS5 S5 attacks, perfect for flanking and often underestimated by enemies.
- 5 Nurglings. Although I'm going to create more of these with plaguewind (assuming I get the spell), these guys work very well on disrupting the enemy's movement in the first turns.
Which of these options would you pick?
And what do you think about the rest of the army? how would you play it? I usually put flamers, fiends and Crushers on flanks, while the center advances.
Thanks for reading,
Member No.: 3,010
Joined: 6-December 11
This is close to what I have been playing. I love the balesword, it rock ogres which are popular here, and chaos warriors that MUST challenge. If your GUO is a L4 you likely dont need that HoT for casting, but he is worth it for the spell breaker. Consider death lore and disk so he can fly and purple sun.. that should make friends.
Im about to try out the palanquin on the HoNurgle, at least he will test on Init 3 when Im purple sunned. I run him as Level 1 and default to Miasma so the unit is unkillable.
I would add the 5-6 hounds and 3 nurglings, even if you have to drop a few flamers.
Only reason to use life magic would be keeping the GUO alive vs warmachines or skinks. Shadow has great synergy with nurgle if you have lots of dice, but death has the often overlooked soulblight which is awesome followed up with plaguewind or rancid visitation. Death also has the chance to get you back dice to extend your magic phase and is good against random things with low Ld.. hellcannon, arachnarok, mangler squig, terrorgheist, varghulf..
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)