zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to The Daemonic Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

2200 VC list for WM Tournament, Somebody? Anybody!?
bonesaww666
Posted: Mar 7 2012, 09:01 AM

Plaguerider

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,989

Well my fellow Legionaires I come to you with this VC list due to the fact that I failed the Dark Gods (couldn't finish painting/basing my Daemons in time). Unfortunately even my VC army is a little out of date, but with a few quick purchases and a will to paint with a vengeance here goes my first attempt at a Tournament with the new VC!

my whole center stays within 12" of the Mourtis engine gaining +1 Regen and all casters get +2 to cast, hopefully this helps me max out my magic phase.

I went with the Dragon Bane Gem for the 2+ ward from Flaming Attacks which helps preserve my 4+ Regen from the Mourtis Engine, I gave him the book of Arkhan so he would have Vanhels and I could use it for Marching or to give his unit Re-Roll to Wound over the Potion of Strength.

One Necromancer has Rod of Flaming Death which is a Bound Spell Lv.4 does D6 S4 Flaming hits and casts Flame Cage on a unit (if said unit moves every model takes a S4 hit) to help control my one flank.

The other Necro has the Staff of Damnation which gives +1 Attack to all undead within 6" on Power Level 3. This guy also has Master of the Dead which gives him the ability to raise skellies beyond starting number.

My idea here is to have enough low cast things that I can essentially flood the Magic Phase with ****. Since failed castings on Bound Items don't break concentration I can single dice them to draw out dispel dice.

Ghoul Kings Powers are complete Ld denial, Fear Incarnate phases out the BSB re-roll/Inspiring Presence and his unit will be forcing the enemy to take their test on 3D6 take the lowest two while Aura of Dark Majesty takes their Ld down one point. This is my protection for him (on top of the Regen) combine with 9 Infinite Hatred attacks, each unsaved wound generating more Attacks and voila! A poned unit!

Terrorgheist and Vargheist's are here to lap around and cause havok/be where ever the hell I need em, the Crypt Horrors are to support the Spear Skellies...

Well that about sums it...

I was thinking of dropping the Terrorgheist in favor of a unit of BK but I'm not too sure as the 'gheist offers a some handy ways to kill Knights and such..

Lords
Strigoi Lord (445)
Aura Of Dark Majesty; Red Fury; Fear Incarnate (Successful Fear Tests Must Be Re-rolled; Sword Of Bloodshed; Dragon Bane Gem; Book Of Arkhan.

Heroes
Necromancer (140)
Wizard Level 2; Staff of Damnation (Arcane Item).

Cairn Wraith (60)

Necromancer (160)
Wizard Level 2; Rod of Flaming Death (Enchanted Item); Master of the Dead.

Core
28 Skeleton Warriors (185)
Standard Bearer w/Screaming Banner(25); Musician.

39 Skeleton Warriors (215)
Standard Bearer; Musician; Spear & Shield.

5 Dire Wolves (40)

26 Zombies (83)
Standard bearer.

5 Dire Wolves (40)

Special
3 Varghiest (138)

6 Crypt Horror (228)

Rare
Terrorghiest (225)

Mourtis Engine (240)
Blaphemous Tome

2,199 points

--------------------
Follow The Dread Host of Berelith Fell Hand through the Blood in the Badlands Campaign!
http://z7.invisionfree.com/wyrmling_x/inde...0#entry11881810
Lord Tremendous
Posted: Mar 8 2012, 08:04 AM

Bloodletter

Member No.: 3,065

I'm no expert with VC... the dark Gods know this... but this seems like a pretty good list imo. I would suggest getting a few games in before your tourney just to get rid of the cob webs and maybe figure out any glaring weaknesses.

The only suggestion I have is to lose the banner in the zombie unit. Its extra points to your opponent you dont need to give em considering that unit is either going to get eradicated or be bumped up by magic.

And I dunno why but seeing a VC list with no ghouls and no Grave guard just seems imcomplete to me... but again, I'm not expert with VC. smile.gif

Looking forward to the battle reports.

-Tremendous

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
bonesaww666
Posted: Mar 8 2012, 08:15 AM

Plaguerider

The banner is their for Blood and Glory purposes, but yeah it is strange with no GG I sold all my old painted ones in anticipation of replacing them all with new plastic ones, I have bought the models but I don't think it's humanly possible for me to paint and base them all in time!

--------------------
Follow The Dread Host of Berelith Fell Hand through the Blood in the Badlands Campaign!
bonesaww666
Posted: Mar 8 2012, 08:33 AM

Plaguerider

I hatched this list while "dropping the Cosby kids off at the pool"

It's more magic heavy and has the benefit of raising borderline proposterous numbers. With the Mourtis Engine my Necromancer Lord casts at +6 and I have a Level 1 to six dice Invo if I need it (the miscast result is bloody awful with in 12" of the Engine. A Master Necro will restor 5 wounds to the Crypt Horrors if he gets off Invo, his Black Pariapt will be used first turn to start hoarding dice (give the enemy first turn if they are combat heavy start far back and store my DD for later use). Flaming Death any Deathstars or big annoying hordes with 2 PD.

Unfortunately nothing in this list puts the hurt on anything quite like my Strgoi Ghoul King but it has 2 units that could bring the hurt. the Wight King runs w/ my Black Knights his Ld9 opens up easy access to quick reform, the Vamp runs w/ the Screaming Banner skellies for Ld shenanigans supported by his Crypt Horrors.

Problems with this list; no handy way to pulverize any of the more Killy things that may show up (GD's, Hydras) but with the ability to raise more models then the average man can shake a stick at I should be able to tarpit the "excessive threats".
Black knights take a little finesse to use but their is nothing as satisfying as pulling of a flank charge w/ 5-6 models and raising them back to 10 in time for the combat phase!
My biggest issue w/ this one is I don't think I could beat a Daemon player with it! Where as the other one I would give myself a serious run for my money.

I could drop the Bound Items in Favour of a Cairn Wraith to boost the combat ability of my other skellie unit... But for now they are just sacrificial lambs.

Lords
Wrigger Mourtis (Master Necromancer ) (315)
Master of the Dead; Black Pariapt; Rod Of Flaming Death.

Heroes
Wight King (114)
Skeletal Steed (Barding); Lance; Shield.

Vampire (230)
Sword Of Might; Glittering Scales; Aura Of Dark Majesty; Fear Incarnate.

Necromancer (90)
Book of Arkhan (Arcane Item).

Core
35 Skeleton Warriors (195)
Standard Bearer; Musician.

40 Skeleton Warriors (245)
Standard Bearer (new option); Musician; Spear & Shield.

5 Dire Wolves (40)

22 Zombies (71)
Standard bearer.

Special
6 Crypt Horror (228)

3 Varghiest (138)

9 Black Knights (294)
Standard Bearer (Banner of the Barrows); Lance.

Rare
Mourtis Engine (240)
Blaphemous Tome

2,200 points

--------------------
bonesaww666
Posted: Mar 8 2012, 09:06 AM

Plaguerider

Oh and thanks for the reply Tremendous, the reason for no Ghouls is they should have left them at 8 points. Putting them up to 10 when GG are 11 was a foolish, foolish thing to do. It's a bummer because I have 60 of em fully painted that I don't think will see the field very often except for when I'm using them as Zombies because I hate their models (they no longer fit in with the range along with spirit hosts and fell bats).

--------------------
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0774 seconds | Archive