InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to The Daemonic Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

New to 40K with daemons
chasla
Posted: Jan 21 2012, 07:46 AM

Daemonette

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,372

Hello guys, next sunday my club will organise a tournament of 40K I've already played with orks but I use my daemons in warhammer and I've decided to bring them to the 40K tournament now I've got to choose between these figures:

1 bloodthirster

1 Lord of change (or kairos fateweaver)

40 bloodletters

40 daemonettes

30 horrors

6 flesh hounds

6 flamers

5 seekers

1 beast of nurgle

2 fiends of slaanesh

2 daemon princes

Do you have any suggestions to bring around then for a 1750 army list?
Or some things to buy in the future I don't really now what to use tongue.gif
deviant cadaver
Posted: Jan 21 2012, 03:53 PM

Daemon Prince

Member No.: 2,377

You should think about getting crushers or more fiends(fiends can be made for cheaper)

A unit or two of plague bearers and/or pink horrors are the common troop choice.

For HQ all of the greater daemons or solid enough choices along with heralds of tzeench on chariots.

If you are going to run a lord of change make it fate weaver.

Mostly though just get as many practice games in as you can. Other then a few bad things( beast of nurgle) most thing in the codex are stong at something. Crushers and fiends being the stars , but it is more inportent that you use units for what the are for then what you take.

Good luck and feel free to post questions here as they come up.
chasla
Posted: Jan 22 2012, 01:15 PM

Daemonette

QUOTE (deviant cadaver @ Jan 21 2012, 03:53 PM)
You should think about getting crushers or more fiends(fiends can be made for cheaper)

A unit or two of plague bearers and/or pink horrors are the common troop choice.

For HQ all of the greater daemons or solid enough choices along with heralds of tzeench on chariots.

If you are going to run a lord of change make it fate weaver.

Mostly though just get as many practice games in as you can. Other then a few bad things( beast of nurgle) most thing in the codex are stong at something. Crushers and fiends being the stars , but it is more inportent that you use units for what the are for then what you take.

Good luck and feel free to post questions here as they come up.

Thank you for the great comment I've learned already much more,

I can use the Beast as a fiend to so I should use these then:

1 fateweaver

1 bloodthirster

3 fiends

6 flamers (divided in two of 3 or just one big ?)

10 bloodies

(10 bloodies)

10 horrors

10 horrors

10 daemonettes

1 daemon prince

-> I don't have anything from nurgle I know they are good but i'll still have to wait before I can get these If I want I can ask a friend to use 6 bloodcrushers of his (maybe 9) so any further suggestions? smile.gif
deviant cadaver
Posted: Jan 22 2012, 02:59 PM

Daemon Prince

You are going to want 6 fiends. Daemons have to wait around a turn and get shoot up before they can assault so some casualty are to be expected.

Flamers traditionally are used as 3 man suicide squads , but i have had luck with more conservative 6 man unit that throws warp fire till it is time ti jump in a use breath.

Id up the troops of letters and dnets to around 15. Again because of the casualty you will lose along the way.

The horrors on the other hand can be dropped to 5. The biggest reason a lot of people take them is for bolt. Daemons need what ever anti tank they can squeeze in. There anti hoard is a close second.

How are you equipping your daemon prince and thirster?
chasla
Posted: Jan 24 2012, 12:47 PM

Daemonette

First thanks for the advice about those units and

For the Bloodthirster: blessing, unholy might and Instrument

For daemon prince: iron hide, unholy might, tzeench, bolt, daemonic gaze

I think these were the best upgrades for my army smile.gif
deviant cadaver
Posted: Jan 24 2012, 11:12 PM

Daemon Prince

Really only add Instrument if you have 5 points you can put anywhere else.

This is just my option but if you have a 4 up invulnerable save a 3 up is kinda a waste of points on the daemon prince. Rest seems great.
LAV-Kitsune-
Posted: Jan 25 2012, 09:44 AM

Lovely Fox Spirit

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,592

I will add few things about elite choises. Juggers seem to be the most popular choise because they can get 3 different upgrade options which means 3 wound allocations. With this and their high armour save they have quite good amount of staying power that is quite rare in daemon army. They can throw a good punch against almost everything and can break transports too.

Fiends are cheap and powerful melee unit that can also break transports quite well. They fill the hole of fast attack that your whole army otherwise lacks. Unlike fast attack choices, fiends can actually deal some damage and survive too.

Flamers are bit kamikaze, but can survive bit longer with Kairos (juggers are insane with Kairos around). Even 3 flamers can easily wipe out 10 marines in one turn and atleast bug vehicles a bit. Fiends and juggers are favoured over them because of their lack of survivability though.

From troop daemons Plaguebearers are most favoured simply because they have best stats to hold objectives, which plays an important part in 40k. Bloodletters and Daemonettes are much less useful because they are slow and squishy and elite choises do the same thing much better and reliably. Horrors can be used well, since they can break some tanks with their bolt while holding objectives, but are not anything special to be honest. And thats all the basic daemons, on top of that you will likely want few daemon princes on your list.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1132 seconds | Archive