Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Daemonic Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Herald of Khorne on chariot, How do you use it? Do you use it?
Chaos4reaL
Posted: Mar 4 2012, 06:26 AM

Pleasureseeker

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,616

Never played with any herald of Khorne but resently planed to since I figured they Khorne chariots was more or less the same as Slaanesh chariots, but reding up on Khorne chariots I was surprised. Not getting Furious charge, fleet, cavalry OR independent character I can´t see why to take a Khorne chariot at all! So is there a time when Khorne charíots are a good choice? And when we are touching the subject when do you use Slaanesh chariots? To me they feel like a slightly better fiend and even if you have all fiends in your elite slots isn´t it better to take Seekers or Daemonettes??
deviant cadaver
Posted: Mar 4 2012, 08:09 PM

Daemon Prince

Member No.: 2,377

Furious charge is already included in the KHeralds profile and it is an IC unless you put it on a chariot.

You take a KHerald the same reason you would take a bare bones DP. For 100 pts you get a WS6 T5 W4 S7(on charge ) model with a power weapon. No imagine 4 of those and 3 DP 640 pts and you have a lot of things that HAVE to be shoot already and a lot of pts left over to add more.

Sheralds are a bit different. They are cheap and fill in a gap the army has. For 75-90( musk or not) pts you get a really fast model that hits before GK halberds, gene stealer , wytchs. It also has a ton of attacks to eat through any swarm or orcs ,etc.

KHearlds play the roll of crushers, you drop them in the 1st wave they can take shoots and they need to be put down before they get to you. SHeralds are dropped in the 1st wave as well behind something then turn 2 they charge do some damage hit and run out then just start dashing around the enemy's lines hitting what you don't want them to.
jmg101
Posted: Mar 5 2012, 08:09 AM

Plaguebearer

Member No.: 2,139

i used the Kherald once, he was a beast, really slow, but a beast. by the time it reach combat it had only one wound left but it wiped a squad then got shot in there shooting phase.
Chaos4reaL
Posted: Mar 5 2012, 10:54 AM

Pleasureseeker

Member No.: 2,616

Ok, missed that FC was included on the model. That makes a big difference off course. I allways like to play the models before I make up my mind about them so I guess I give that a try here as well. Fell that KHeralds need fury of khorne so they can be a serious threat to AV. You don't see a lot heralds except for THeralalds of course. Why is that? They seem pretty nice but still don't make most list.
Zechs
Posted: Mar 5 2012, 01:01 PM

Pleasureseeker

Member No.: 2,810

Khorne Heralds in chariots fill the same role as crushers and cheap princes - they're slow but they hit like a ton of warp-mutated bricks.

Slaanesh Heralds in chariots fill the same role as fiends, seekers and to an extent flesh hounds - they're very fast and have lots of attacks.

Tzeentch Heralds in chariots fill the same role as Tzeentch princes (though with a bit of extra speed but less resilience and combat prowess) - they shoot tanks.

They're all roughly interchangeable, so pick whatever suits your fancy, as long as the army as a whole works and has some of each.

--------------------
Kiwichris
Posted: Mar 15 2012, 11:18 PM

Daemonette

Member No.: 1,778

Khorne heralds rock in chariots. I use one with death strike so it can shoot on arrival and on the move with a 12" S7 AP2 weapon, Fury of Khorne to give it rending and Unholy Might. This gives it 5 S6 attacks on the charge at initiative 6. The chariot giving a 3+ save and T5 gives it a good chance of surviving shooting too. All that for only 125pts. A bargain imo.

--------------------
40k Daemons (2013): W:2/D:1/L:0
Fantasy Daemons: W:2/D:2/L:1
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1321 seconds | Archive