Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Daemonic Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Grey's Daemons of Nurgle., Daemons of chaos blog nurgle style
Grey
Posted: Jan 15 2014, 06:42 AM

Lil' Nurgling

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,669

Hello fellow Nurglings,

First of all, let me introduce myself. I am Rob and I from Tilburg (the Netherlands). I have been in this hobby for 18 years now (most of my life). I do commission painting and think I pretty good with a brush. I have had almost every single army known in the Fantasy universe. I haven't had Daemons, but that about to change.

Last year (2013) my gaming shop organized a "Tale of many Gamers" for 40k. It was a great succes (about 12 people) and because of that this year it will be a Fantasy "Tale". It will start in march/april, but I couldn't wait, so I bought some daemons to get the ball rolling already.

I've bought Epidemius and some nurgling bases (second hand). The nurglings will be cut up to make the throne a bit cooler then the ugly blob of old-school nurglings beneath it now.

As my birthday was on the 13th of january my GF gave me the book, plaguebearers and cool paints. She even hunted down the Clear red from Tamiya for blood effect!

I will start painting these as soon as I can. I am waiting for my gaming store to get the right spraycan that I want tongue.gif.

user posted image
Little picture of my start!

With regards,
Grey

--------------------
"Help you I will, but eat we must first." -Yoda - The Empire strikes Back-
squalie
Posted: Jan 15 2014, 07:42 AM

Greater Daemon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 961

Welcome to the site Grey! You're off to a good start and it sounds like you have a "keeper" of a girlfriend. wink.gif

Don't forget to show pictures of your painted Nurgle.

--------------------
"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face."
Mike Tyson
Grey
Posted: Jan 15 2014, 08:56 AM

Lil' Nurgling

QUOTE (squalie @ Jan 15 2014, 07:42 AM)
You're off to a good start and it sounds like you have a "keeper" of a girlfriend. wink.gif

We are now happily together for over 10 years...I think we can state she is being kept tongue.gif

Thanks for the warm welcome. Posting on forums of my progress makes me more exited to paint, so I will definitely post pics when painted tongue.gif.

--------------------
Grey
Posted: Jan 15 2014, 02:44 PM

Lil' Nurgling

After glueing, cursing and cutting, I finnished my Epidemius model. (modelling that is)

Hopefully you'll like it. I didn't like the little old-school nurgling under his throne.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

With regards,
Grey

--------------------
Coop
Posted: Jan 15 2014, 02:56 PM

Bloodletter

Member No.: 3,540

I love the newer nurgling models so I think that's a great idea to use them instead of the original base. It looks like it will be a good model!
Anton
Posted: Jan 16 2014, 02:48 AM

Daemonette

Member No.: 3,557

While I don't mind the old Nurglings under Epidemius, it's still a great conversion job that makes your model original. I did something similar for my second palanquin (not pictured anywhere yet).

Looking forward to seeing it painted.

--------------------
squalie
Posted: Jan 16 2014, 07:11 AM

Greater Daemon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 961

That does look quite good. Looks "factory made" actually.

--------------------
"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face."
Mike Tyson
WizardBoss
Posted: Jan 16 2014, 03:54 PM

Daemonette

Member No.: 3,599

excellent job! Looking forward to seeing it painted.
JoeDangerous
Posted: Jan 16 2014, 04:57 PM

Plaguebearer

Member No.: 2,890

So far so good smile.gif
Grey
Posted: Feb 1 2014, 09:52 AM

Lil' Nurgling

Hey Folks,

A quick update so you see I am not dead or anything. I've painted my first two plaguebearers as test models.

its not super awesome, but something to get an army done.

Here is the picture:
user posted image

With regards,
Grey

--------------------
Anton
Posted: Feb 1 2014, 11:54 PM

Daemonette

Member No.: 3,557

Neat painting, great gore. Can't quite see the swords from this angle but they look like they could use another highlight on all the sharp edges.

I would also add a black dot in the eyes to make them look more human but that's a matter of personal taste.

--------------------
CptUnderpants
Posted: Feb 2 2014, 09:48 AM

Daemonette

Member No.: 3,428

That's a lovely green skin tone, how did you achieve it?
Grey
Posted: Feb 2 2014, 04:08 PM

Lil' Nurgling

Thanks for the great remarks.

@Anton: I am thinking of painting the eye gloss black and the sword needs something more indeed. Either orange rust or an edge highlight of silver.

@CptUnderpants: Its very easy. Spraypaint necrotic flesh (of armypainter), wash with Athonian camoshade and drybrush with nurgling green.

I am thinking of changing the drybrush part with Necrotic flesh from a jar (of the armypainter). Because nurgling green doesn't match completely.

--------------------
Grey
Posted: Mar 28 2014, 06:47 AM

Lil' Nurgling

Hello folks,

Long time since I have posted something here, but my first month of the tale is done. So reason for an update.

I went with Nurglings...they are very cute and cool to paint, so why not tongue.gif.

user posted image

I haven't realy started painting on anything else. Busy with work and stuff. Next month it will be Plaguebearers.

@CptUnderpants: I've changed my build-up a bit for the skin. I changed from nurgling green to necrotic flesh (armypainter paints in a jar tongue.gif). It is the same color of the spray, so it fits better.

With regards,
Grey

--------------------
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1450 seconds | Archive