Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Daemonic Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

FIMO scuplting, ever tried it?
Smoko
Posted: Feb 24 2012, 01:02 AM

Horror

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,054

Ok so I'm not going to try baking plastic models with FIMO, but has anyone ever tried it with metal?

Alternatively, has anyone just made small FIMO parts? I'm planning on doing a Blue Scribes model and making some scrolls for it, then depending on my success I might make a disc too (actually planning on making the disc a giant book with a scribe writing in it).

--------------------
Colonel
Posted: Feb 24 2012, 11:24 AM

Changebringer

Member No.: 3,010

Im not sure with Fimo you can get thin enough sheets to represent scrolls. I would likely try heating and bending some plasticard (sheet styrene). I would also suggest you start with plasticard as the book cover and binding for your scribe so it is perfect, then sculpt the pages and such.

Not having a good hobby/train store near me I picked up some sheet styrene recently in the form of a 'for sale by owner' sign at the local hardware store. works the same!

I do most of my sculpting with green stuff, unless its a weapon or something I want very hard with sharp edges, then I use a two part epoxy from the hardware store meant for fixing ceramics or pipes or something.. drys like a rock in like 15 minutes and can be carved with an xacto or sanded with sand paper/dremel.
Smoko
Posted: Feb 24 2012, 04:46 PM

Horror

Member No.: 3,054

Sounds like you know what you're doing better than me, I'll see what's around and what I can do with it.
Still going to five the Fimo a go though, since I already have some lying around. Pretty sure there's some sheet styrene here too, so I'll compare my results and see what is easier/looks better.

--------------------
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0771 seconds | Archive