Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Daemonic Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

The changes made to Daemons in 8th, Is there an errata?
Kuwanger23
Posted: Feb 23 2012, 08:02 AM

Horror

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,061

I know that daemons changed a lot in the 8th ed change over but I can't find it anywhere! I've read on these forums that blood crushers are monstrous infantry, that greater daemons have thunder stomp. These are key rules that make a huge difference in the game. Can someone point me in the right direction as where I may find these changes? Thanks in advance guys!
DaemonReign
Posted: Feb 23 2012, 08:44 AM

The Eternal Bloodletter

Group: Heralds
Member No.: 2,658

What you need to find is the official rulebook Errata/FAQ and the one dealing specifically with Daemons. Both are available on the GW website.
Direct Link to all the PDF-files
Now, for some reason GW has made it a bit tricky to find these.. This is what you need to do:
Go to the Main Page of the GW site.
Click on the "Gaming" category.
The last alternative in the dropdown menu is called Errata/FAQ articles, click here.
On the next page click on "Warhammer Frequently asked questions".
On the next page click on the green "Next" button.
Now you're home.

It's true that they forgot to enter alot of Daemonic Units into the main rulebook for some reason. Probably the biggest single blunder with the 8th Ed book actually.. So they are mentioned specifically in the Main Rulebook Errata.

--------------------
Noisy Assassin
Posted: Feb 23 2012, 09:27 AM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,601

The other thing to note is that changes like Stomp, Thunderstomp,and Vangaurd are not special rules that units got individually in the update, but that they got as a result of their unit types. So GD's Thunderstomp because they're Monsters, and Seekers Vanguard because they're Fast Cav. Means figuring out the changes take a little more thought.

Oh, and the other way to get to the FAQ articles is just to go anywhere on the GW site and use the search bar for "FAQ".

--------------------
Demons need love too...hugs for everyone!
(>^_^)>

When life gives you lemons, BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

8th Edition W/D/L Records with Daemons:
- 7th ed book: 21/1/5
- 8th ed book: 11/0/2
Kuwanger23
Posted: Feb 23 2012, 09:33 AM

Horror

Member No.: 3,061

Thanks guys! I'm new to these forums but so far you guys have been very helpful.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0800 seconds | Archive