InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to The Daemonic Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (15) « First ... 13 14 [15]  ( Go to first unread post )

Some Slaanesh Khorne stuff
DaemonReign
Posted: Nov 15 2012, 04:54 AM

The Eternal Bloodletter

Group: Heralds
Member No.: 2,658

Here's the latest for my Daemons:
user posted image
50 Plaguebearers. 40 metal ones that Atrocity was kind enough to sell me, and 10 plastic 'new' ones that I bought at the local GW shop in Nice, France. Actually, it's only 49 rnf-troops because I took the opportunity to finally make a Nurgle BSB (something I actually didn't have a proper model for before) -
user posted image
This little fella, and the two 'regular standards' are all magnetized with strong industrial magnets to avoid the stage-diving incidents I've experienced with the Plaguebearers I already have.

Below is a Picture that attempts to detail how the new plastic models blend with the old metal ones:
user posted image

The next picture tries to capture how I wanted to differentiate the colors of this unit between 'all the nuances of rot':
user posted image
At the risk of making them look quite cartoonish, it was my hope to make it more interesting compared to using the same greenish skin-tone for all of them. *Shadows in this pic are horrible, but you be the judge..

Finally, a 3-pic sweep of that Nurgle BSB:
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

This unit marks a rather momentous point in my Army-building activities, in a couple of different ways:
Looking at the Nurgle-side of things, I now have 140 Plaguebearers which means my Nurgle Daemons have 'caught up' with the other Marks (save for Khorne). I can now make (at least) a 5000pts legal 'mono-god' force from 'each Mark' using only painted models.
Secondly, this addition to my collection brings my Core models to the neat number of 600 in total (not counting Furies) which means I am finally able to make a 30000pts legal list featuring a well-compositioned Core Section. I have been able to theorethically put together a 30k list for some time, but it involved going almost msu since I needed a few extra 'command upgrades' to reach the Core Requirement.
Third - the fact that I am now satisfied with my Core Section (might add some Bloodletters though..) means that I have attained a new freedom in terms of what to add to my Army. In essence, from now on I have in mind to only do 'fun stuff' since I have all the back-bone parts in place already.

Cheers!

--------------------
Atrocity
Posted: Nov 15 2012, 07:07 AM

Daemon Prince

Group: Members
Member No.: 114

Happy to ser them painted DaemonReign! smile.gif

Army wide shot anyone? wink.gif

--------------------
How RAW can you go?
Grisnik
Posted: Nov 15 2012, 07:20 AM

Changebringer

Member No.: 1,399

Nice work on this bunch DaemonReign..

And I second the army wide shot like Atrocity wink.gif Just to make life difficult for us with large armies smile.gif

--------------------
Noisy Assassin
Posted: Nov 15 2012, 10:09 AM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,601

30,000 points...you are special kind of crazy. An awesome kind of crazy!

--------------------
Demons need love too...hugs for everyone!
(>^_^)>

When life gives you lemons, BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

8th Edition W/D/L Records with Daemons:
- 7th ed book: 21/1/5
- 8th ed book: 11/0/2
DaemonReign
Posted: Nov 15 2012, 02:56 PM

The Eternal Bloodletter

Well Noisy I'm just not particularly good with 'moderation' I guess.

And I'm certainly going to take an Army shot. That's definately in the pipe. I just want to add some stuff first. *haha*

--------------------
Atrocity
Posted: Nov 15 2012, 05:08 PM

Daemon Prince

Member No.: 114

Add some stuff!? What is possibly missing? wink.gif

--------------------
How RAW can you go?
Enakan
Posted: Nov 29 2012, 11:47 PM

Daemonette

Member No.: 450

The whole army looks great!

BIG! Looks like I have a lot of painting to do to catch up, plus build a lot more too! Conversions have always been my strong point, I think I lack a bit of time on my paint jobs usually. I know, I know, practice makes one perfect (and FASTER!!!).

Love those green swords on the BL's man!

--------------------
"This is my boomstick!"
DaemonReign
Posted: Nov 30 2012, 07:19 PM

The Eternal Bloodletter

@ Atrocity: Oh I've got stuff I want to add all right! It's too Cold outside to arrange Everything into one shot anyway so the army-wide pic won't be until spring regardless.

@ Enakan: I'm glad you found my plog and I hope you like this next Little conversion:

Winged Daemon Prince of Khorne
user posted image
The newly released Finecast Scyla Anfangrim model (WoC) converted with spares from the plastic Daemon Prince- and Bloodcrusher sets. Nothing too radical I guess, but I'm pleased with how it turned out.
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

That's the 5th Daemon Prince for my army and now I guess the only thing left to do is cross one's fingers this poor old Lord-choice gets some well-deserved love with our next Army Book. laugh.gif

--------------------
JonathanC
Posted: Nov 30 2012, 07:25 PM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,672

Looks good. smile.gif I'm just slightly surprised that with the size of your collection you only have 5 Daemon Princes...... wink.gif

--------------------
Come on Tzeentch!

Do you like words and pictures arranged together to tell a story? If so, check out my battle report thread here.
eastern barbarian
Posted: Dec 1 2012, 11:04 PM

Pleasureseeker

Member No.: 2,997

Max- this is absolute madness mate smile.gif
Enakan
Posted: Dec 1 2012, 11:47 PM

Daemonette

Member No.: 450

I was going to say,

"Why take a DP"???

But I guess if you have 30,000+ points of Daemons, you can fit a FEW in there!!!

Cheaper than a GD, if a bit more fragile. But anything that can kill a GD can also kill a DP, so many things out here to take out the big boyz. Keep it up, love the conversions!!!

--------------------
"This is my boomstick!"
Grisnik
Posted: Jan 2 2013, 05:04 AM

Changebringer

Member No.: 1,399

Heh.. nice work on this conversion mate. It looks great! And agreed on hoping that the new codex provides us some love on the Daemon Princes! Here's looking to the new codex then!

--------------------
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Topic OptionsPages: (15) « First ... 13 14 [15] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1212 seconds | Archive