InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to The Daemonic Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

basilisk or......?
Talonz
Posted: Feb 17 2012, 01:37 PM

Greater Daemon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,456

New forgeworld basilisk. Tempted to slap some wings on this and use as my LOC in my daemonic lizardmen army. Thoughts?

user posted image

Heres my current LOC, kinda too big almost and obviouslly a toy...mcfarlanes toys basilisk (lake demon);

user posted image
Noisy Assassin
Posted: Feb 17 2012, 02:50 PM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,601

That thing is a pretty rockin' model. Would you be giving it feathered wings for the LoC feel or membraneous ones for the Lizardy feel? I could see it being hard to find detailed feathered wings big enough for this thing (unless you pick some from a toy, GW's biggest feathery wings are the IoB Griffin, and they are pretty rough). I could see this looking sweet with balrog wings poised to take off or dragon wings folded back behind it though. And the face even reminds me of the LoC somewhat.

Also, would love to see pics of the army!

--------------------
Demons need love too...hugs for everyone!
(>^_^)>

When life gives you lemons, BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

8th Edition W/D/L Records with Daemons:
- 7th ed book: 21/1/5
- 8th ed book: 11/0/2
Brad
Posted: Feb 17 2012, 03:07 PM

Plaguebearer

Member No.: 2,527

Slap some feathered wings on the McFarlane basilisk and you've got a Coatl blink.gif
DaemonReign
Posted: Feb 17 2012, 03:53 PM

The Eternal Bloodletter

Group: Heralds
Member No.: 2,658

Basilisk from Forgeworld is nice. I think it would work fine as basis for an LoC as you say (given the Lizard-theme).

--------------------
JonathanC
Posted: Feb 17 2012, 04:10 PM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,672

Yeah, some sort of Dragon/Balrog/fell Beast wings should work fine to turn it into an LoC. They're close enough in style to what Terradons have.

--------------------
Come on Tzeentch!

Do you like words and pictures arranged together to tell a story? If so, check out my battle report thread here.
Talonz
Posted: Feb 17 2012, 05:22 PM

Greater Daemon

I wouldn't put leathery wings on it because it just makes it look like a giant flying lizard then....definitely feathered, but I didnt think about scale, I assumed that the current LOC wings would work well on either one, but Im not sure now....

And yeah, feathered wings on the mcfarlane basilisk would be very coatl, and something I was thinking of doing at some point for that very reason...I like the low cost of that too, having the model already.

Just checked for pics of my ole DOL army, not much saved yet but for some command models for the plaguebearers. I havnt worked on this army since I shelved it back in 08 I think;

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Talonz
Posted: Feb 17 2012, 05:29 PM

Greater Daemon

Some stock (ie: not my paint!) images of some models Im using;

flamer coatl
user posted image

For some reason I always imagine the sfx for these guys shooting like the 1953 WOTW heat ray
tongue.gif (the second central stalk orange one, not the side beam green photon torpedo like ones!)

beasts of nurgle
user posted image
user posted image

Im using old skinks as horrors (might convert to newer skinks, much easier to convert, I gave up trying to remove the quivers from the old ones) and terradons with gs spikes as screamers, probably retire those too for something else.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1140 seconds | Archive