InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Daemonic Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

The star child, question
letthegalaxyrunred8
Posted: Jan 1 2012, 04:18 AM

Daemonette

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,741

ok if the emperor dies his presence in the warp would mean that he becomes a chaos god, now what I would like to know it that would his become humanity saviour or enslaver. And if he teaches Knorne who's boss.
FeeZ
Posted: Jan 1 2012, 04:33 AM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,822

How are we supposed to answer this really?

What we suspect? What we hope? He'd probably be instantly re-incarnated like all the Druids that sacrificed themselves to create the Emperor in the first place... providing that bit of background still exists.
Finnigan2004
Posted: Jan 1 2012, 02:58 PM

Exalted Daemon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 780

Which druids are you talking about Feez? I've never heard that particular piece of fluff, but it sounds interesting.
Chaotica
Posted: Jan 1 2012, 04:01 PM

Daemonette

Member No.: 818

I don't know in which book you could find it, but it's here on the interwebz:

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Emperor...Mankind#History
FatherKnowsBest
Posted: Jan 1 2012, 05:54 PM

Bloodletter

Member No.: 2,834

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Star_Child#.TwDjWsJS5hI

It was from way back when in Lost and the Damned. It's no longer Canon and hasn't been for a long time.
FeeZ
Posted: Jan 1 2012, 05:55 PM

Greater Daemon

Oh, what is canon then? Or haven't they established any?
FatherKnowsBest
Posted: Jan 1 2012, 06:08 PM

Bloodletter

QUOTE (FeeZ @ Jan 1 2012, 05:55 PM)
Oh, what is canon then? Or haven't they established any?

Much like Squats it was just simply ignored and forgotten. The Horus Heresy series is now the new canon according to the Black Library authors. But this isn't anything that has even been mentioned.
FeeZ
Posted: Jan 1 2012, 06:35 PM

Greater Daemon

But isn't the Star Child no longer canon as well?
FatherKnowsBest
Posted: Jan 1 2012, 07:05 PM

Bloodletter

QUOTE (FeeZ @ Jan 1 2012, 06:35 PM)
But isn't the Star Child no longer canon as well?

Exactly.
JonathanC
Posted: Jan 2 2012, 12:20 PM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,672

Just because something hasn't been talked about or mentioned for ages doesn't mean its "not canon." I'm of the opinion the the Star Child, Sensei, Illuminati, Emperor's creation, etc are all still canon until they say otherwise or print a new version of the Emperor's background or whatever.

Last time I can remember the Star Child being mentioned was in the 3rd ed 40k rulebook and I can't think of any time since they have said "Ignore that, pretend we never wrote it."

As for the Squats, they were ignored for a long while before they eventually decided to acknowledge they existed (and piss off all the old Squat players) by mentioning in the Draco novel that they had all been devoured by the Tyranids.

--------------------
Come on Tzeentch!

Do you like words and pictures arranged together to tell a story? If so, check out my battle report thread here.
FeeZ
Posted: Jan 2 2012, 05:44 PM

Greater Daemon

While not completely relevant I suppose, rumours that are currently doing the rounds is that the Squats are going to be rebranded as the Demiurg and will appear in the next Tau codex.
JonathanC
Posted: Jan 2 2012, 06:50 PM

Greater Daemon

I heard that too. If it turns out to be true I'll probably end up regretting selling my Tau army.....

They have been mentioning the Demiurg in the fluff on and off for close to 10 years now, and they are already present in Battlefleet Gothic. I'm not sure whether they are meant to be the remaining Squats, or whether it is just a new thing they are doing to reinvent the whole "Dwarfs in space" concept that they feel they didn't do justice to the first time around. The impression I get is that whatever they do will be a complete reboot rather than a major revamp like what Necrons got. Either way I'll be glad to see them back in the game. smile.gif

--------------------
Come on Tzeentch!

Do you like words and pictures arranged together to tell a story? If so, check out my battle report thread here.
FeeZ
Posted: Jan 2 2012, 07:37 PM

Greater Daemon

Back in the day of 2e I remember that there was an Epic version called Space Marine and the Squats had as much content in it as any other race if memory serves - with Leviathan's, Land Trains etc, etc.

In 40k though they just didn't seem to have all that much iirc, other than Trikes and Attack Car variants. Their Ancestor Lords were basically space marine librarians and could actually use Psyker abilities.
JonathanC
Posted: Jan 3 2012, 02:29 PM

Greater Daemon

Yeah, they were much better developed in Epic than they were in 40k, perhaps because the scale covered some of their short-comings with the imagery at the infantry/bike scale, while allowing them to have the truly impressive super-heavies that showed how advanced their tech was. I think my favourite was the Cyclops, the one with the absolutely huge single cannon for taking out Titans.

(FYI, Epic still exists in case you weren't aware of it, although Squats aren't in it any more and it doesn't get the support it deserves to.)

Another thing that probably didn't help them much in 40k, but wasn't such a problem in Epic, was that they used Rhinos and Land Raiders for tanks like Marines and Guard did, so the Trikes you mentioned were really their only distinct vehicle.

--------------------
Come on Tzeentch!

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0973 seconds | Archive