InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to The Daemonic Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Ridiculous Prices
Karlhammer
Posted: Aug 13 2011, 09:14 PM

Plaguebearer

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,455

The new banners bits of Demons $20.00!!!! per pack thats outrageous!!!!

Herald of Tzeentch due to its usefullness on a disk $38.00 solid US dollars!!!!

With the Euro-American recession how come GW seems to be not affected.
LiSharpeleo
Posted: Aug 14 2011, 10:22 AM

Daemonette

Member No.: 2,495

they've already passed the peak of the price mountain and have lost customers, so they're hiking prices further to try to compensate. They're in decline, but they're still trying to put on a brave face for investors. That's what they get for going public and handing the company off to non-gamers.
Noisy Assassin
Posted: Aug 15 2011, 10:56 AM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,601

The banners are kind of ridiculous. At $10 I would be thrilled with the new options. At $15 I wouldn't be terribly excited, but I'd probably pick up a pack. At $20 I didn't even consider it for a moment.

--------------------
Demons need love too...hugs for everyone!
(>^_^)>

When life gives you lemons, BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

8th Edition W/D/L Records with Daemons:
- 7th ed book: 21/1/5
- 8th ed book: 11/0/2
Kalandros Shadowsun
Posted: Aug 16 2011, 03:13 AM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,015

Know how the Canadian Dollar is pretty much constantly slightly ahead of the US Dollar?

$23.75 for the $20 banners
$46.50 for the Herald...
DaemonReign
Posted: Aug 16 2011, 11:22 AM

The Eternal Bloodletter

Group: Heralds
Member No.: 2,658

I actually thought "what the hell" (at first) about the price of that Disc herald but then I saw what the cost would be in Swedish Crones and pretty much decided not to buy it. To be fair I would have bought it, still, if I thought the model was truly magnificent but for now I've already got a handfull of these DiscHoTs and this Finecast one just isn't "all that" IMO.

The banners are cool though. I'll get one set of those just for the prestige of having them I guess.

The rest of the Finecast stuff is not really interesting. The BT might be Finecast but it's still the same old model that I've always shunned, and the LoC I already have 3 versions of one of which is the metal GW one..

So yeah.. I'm glad Daemons are getting some love but they need to do something 'more' to truly make me expand my collection..

I think LiSharpeleo probably sums up the situation pretty well, sadly enough..

--------------------
The Dark Lord
Posted: Aug 16 2011, 12:03 PM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 1,522

QUOTE (DaemonReign @ Aug 16 2011, 11:22 AM)
Swedish Crones

Hehe. I'm pretty sure we have crowns here in Sweden. wink.gif
I don't think GW would like to be payed with old hags, swedish or not. ohmy.gif

The price for a Finecast Hydra is just off the charts, as is the Finecast BT. I was going to buy one, until I saw the price. I'd rather convert my FW DP or use my FW BT, or even a Balrog conversion (perhaps even GW DP conversion) and wait for a new BT model. ninja.gif
DaemonReign
Posted: Aug 16 2011, 12:29 PM

The Eternal Bloodletter

Group: Heralds
Member No.: 2,658

Amen va fan.. *lol*

Yeah yeah, as long as I'm understood! smile.gif

Agreed. The Forgeworld DP is what I use as BT. Awesome model.

--------------------
Finnigan2004
Posted: Aug 18 2011, 10:03 AM

Exalted Daemon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 780

QUOTE (Kalandros Shadowsun @ Aug 16 2011, 03:13 AM)
Know how the Canadian Dollar is pretty much constantly slightly ahead of the US Dollar?

$23.75 for the $20 banners
$46.50 for the Herald...

U.S. discounters are your friends... wink.gif
Legion
Posted: Aug 18 2011, 01:32 PM

Plaguerider

Member No.: 1,871

It may just be me, but ... the names of the banners are actually magical flags for WoC. Why are the releasing them as DoC standards?? blink.gif

And, once again, no love for Nurgle. Or Slaanesh. But GW made 6 versions of the Khornite topper. Seriously!?!?!? dry.gif

--------------------
People say that love is the best feeling. I think finding a toilet when you have diarrhea is even better.
Nybbyth
Posted: Sep 12 2011, 11:16 AM

Horror

Member No.: 2,926

Could have done two different 4 packs, a banner for each dark god in each pack. Would have been better.

I also wonder because of the naming how long it will be before some tool (perhaps GW themselves) starts requiring that banner in order to use the magic banner of that name. Like a really over the top WYSIWYG kind of thing.
Poethesis the Proclamator
Posted: Nov 9 2011, 04:30 AM

Horror

Member No.: 2,983

angry.gif Well I that annoyed me,that herald on chariot down my way costs $61 even though the AUS dollar is almost the same as USA, even worse is I used to get carnfexes for that price, now they are $76 AUS as long as my pinkies don't change (lol bad pun) I'll be happyish

--------------------
Us heralds come in many flavors
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1479 seconds | Archive