InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to The Daemonic Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Mono Nurgle
Herald Phoenix
Posted: Feb 22 2012, 08:24 PM

Lil' Nurgling

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,055

Hey guys,

Looking for some feedback on this list. It is a 3000 point list.

GUO
LVL 4
Nurgling Infestation
Stream of bile
Noxious Vapours

Lords - 670

Epidemius

HON
BSB
Standard of sundering - (Protection vs magic and to punish those who are foolish enough to take light against me =))
Stream of Bile
Slime Trail - (to keep static combat res up)

HON
LVL 1
Stream of Bile
Noxious Vapours - (to protect him from nasty heroes)

24 PB - (BSB goes here)
FC
Standard of Seeping Decay

24 PB - (wizard Hearld goes here)
FC
Icon of Eternal Virulence

16 PB - (epidemius goes here)
FC

3 Nurglings - (stands in front of the GUO to be bufffed by infestation and to protect GUO from combat until I want him in comabt.)

5 Nurglings - (WM and chaff hunters)

5 nurglings- (WM and chaff hunters)

1 Beast of Nurgle - (Flanker)
1 Beast of Nurgle - (Flanker)
1 Beast of Nurgle - (Charge blocker for my PB blocks to get a good flank in.)
1 Beast of Nurgle - (Charge blocker for my PB blocks to get a good flank in.)

army=2998

I also would like some feedback to drop the army to 2000. Should I keep the GUO or lose him? and what is more important a BSB or gifts? as with this list my heroes are over 500 pts.

Thanks for your input ahead of time

DaemonReign
Posted: Feb 22 2012, 08:33 PM

The Eternal Bloodletter

Group: Heralds
Member No.: 2,658

I would put the Heralds of Nurgle on Palanquins.

Other than that your list looks pretty good.

Downsizing to 2k I'd probably drop one Herald and the smaller PB-unit, and trim down the number of Nurglings and above all Beasts you've got in this 3k list.

I would keep the GuO though.

--------------------
Herald Phoenix
Posted: Feb 22 2012, 08:57 PM

Lil' Nurgling

What makes you say that the heralds need palaquins? Just curious if they really are worth an extra 50 pts on an already expensive herald.
DaemonReign
Posted: Feb 22 2012, 09:06 PM

The Eternal Bloodletter

Those extra attacks from the Nurglings (in the Palanquin) have won me many a Challange. Since they're attacks are Poisonous it doesn't matter too much they're only S3.
Also, if you play it they way I think it's supposed to be played you'll get a 6+ Armour Save while still having LookOutSir.

I think Palanquins are well worth their points. But of course, if points are scarce it's always a question of personal priorities.

In your list I wouldn't think twice about dropping a Beast of Nurgle for the sake of getting them Palanquins.

--------------------
Herald Phoenix
Posted: Feb 22 2012, 09:13 PM

Lil' Nurgling

I thought you didn't get a look out sir if you were mounted in an infantry block? altho a 6+ armour is nice. and poisoned attacks are great. If you get look out sir for that it would be awesome.
Victorvictor6
Posted: Feb 23 2012, 04:50 AM

Changebringer

Member No.: 2,742

Only Nurgle heralds mounted on a Palanquins count as infantry smile.gif
LAV-Kitsune-
Posted: Feb 23 2012, 07:29 AM

Lovely Fox Spirit

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,592

To drop your army to 2400pts, you could drop 5 beasts. Even with Epidemius, these guys are just plain horrible. They easily melt against static resolution and deal really lousy damage. Drop special bsb, noxious vapours, slimes and magic level from the herald to save 160pts. Also drop some levels and vomit from GuO to fit him to 25% of 2400pts (if you want 2k list you can only have him with infestation). If you still need to drop some points you can drop one unit of Nurglings for 175pts. This should drop you close to 2400 and bit below.
Noisy Assassin
Posted: Feb 23 2012, 09:31 AM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,601

If you're looking to use your Nurgling units as WM hunters, you'd probably be better served with 3-4 models per unit. It's hard enough finding a spot where three Nurglings can Scout to a good position, and having 5 greatly increases their footprint. Also, 3 is more than enough to take out any warmachine (that's 9 poisoned attacks). Keeping one unit bigger for rear charges might not be a bad idea though.

--------------------
Demons need love too...hugs for everyone!
(>^_^)>

When life gives you lemons, BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

8th Edition W/D/L Records with Daemons:
- 7th ed book: 21/1/5
- 8th ed book: 11/0/2
Herald Phoenix
Posted: Feb 24 2012, 12:38 AM

Lil' Nurgling

Not too worried about dropping to 2400 but thanks for the advice.

Where does it say that they count as infantry models when on palanquins?
(just need to know where its at so if I get questioned I can prove it to my opponent.)

I get what your saying about the static combat res against beasts Kitsune. I am not using them as damage dealers but as re-directors for my blocks. I basically want them to draw my opponent into combat to set up a flank by my PB blocks. And also to protect my main batteline flanks. Do you think these duties of dieing in a beneficial way and protecting my main units from small elites and garbage units is better made with 6 man nurglings or with 10-15 PBs or with Beasts?

Ill take that advice NoisyA. 4 man units of Nurglings does sound better for WM as I am basically wasting the points for the extra two bases but I figured I would need them for the damage I would be receiving from those WMs but I like the idea of squeezing into smaller spaces more then more models. I think I may get another unit for the rear charges tho or use the one going with my GUO to flank as he attacks and what not.
tor
Posted: Feb 24 2012, 05:47 AM

Pleasureseeker

Member No.: 3,015

Basic rule book have Palanquins listed as Inf. Not sure about stream of bile and std of seeping decay. You probably donīt get to reroll the wounds there just so you know. Beasts arenīt bad per se, just to expensive.
I wouldnīt put the Bsb on a palanquin, bigger footprint and all that, but perhaps on the other one, since playing with Epidemus should make them rather nasty.
I also think that you should make the units a little bigger, drop 4 Nurglings a beast or two, buy more plaguebearers and perhaps a unit of Furies? Also If you donīt put your heralds on Palanquins move Noxious to the Bsb. Heīs more important than the other one and might survive a challenge because of that gift.
Kuwanger23
Posted: Feb 24 2012, 06:17 AM

Horror

Member No.: 3,061

QUOTE (Herald Phoenix @ Feb 22 2012, 08:57 PM)
What makes you say that the heralds need palaquins? Just curious if they really are worth an extra 50 pts on an already expensive herald.

If you think about it doesn't the palaquin take up the spot that 4 plague bearers would? Or at least 3 other plague bearers other than the herald that was already going to be placed in the unit? Right there is 36 points you save. So you are really only paying 12 points at most for the palaquin if you look at it that way.
DaemonReign
Posted: Feb 24 2012, 09:09 AM

The Eternal Bloodletter

The RAW support for Palanquins getting "LookOutSir" is not crystal, alas. Which is why I wrote that bit about playing it as I think it ought to be played. There is no 'actual' wording that says "When mounted on a Palanquin of Nurgle the Herald gets 6+ AS and LookOutSir rolls:"

We do have some indication however:
For the armour save part.. Well, it's a Mount after all.
For the LookOutSir part.. As tor says they are actually listed as infantry in the BRB.
On top of this there is a kind of precedence in the Skaven book where there's also a Palanquin-option with the explicit rules of 6+ AS and LookOutSirRolls.

But that is as far as the RAW goes. So if your opponant is a rules-lawyer douche he might cause you troubles at this juncture. But only if he's a douche, and that's my opinion.

Other than that I think Kuwanger is right. I always take the Palanquin if I can afford it. Sure the BSB gets hit by more supporting attacks if he's on a Palanquin but on the other hand he's alot more deadly in a challange so depending on what you're up against it sort of evens out.

--------------------
tor
Posted: Feb 24 2012, 09:43 AM

Pleasureseeker

Member No.: 3,015

Sure the BSB gets hit by more supporting attacks if he's on a Palanquin but on the other hand he's alot more deadly in a challange so depending on what you're up against it sort of evens out.

We have to agree to disagree on this one, I think that stepup and new ward/regeneration saves made the Palanquin very less obvious.
Good summation of the relevant rules, whats your take on stream of bile/ std of decay?
DaemonReign
Posted: Feb 24 2012, 09:52 AM

The Eternal Bloodletter

You're probably right about the Palanquin + BSB issue. I'm not exactly a wiz when it comes to such calculations. I just like fielding them Palanquins.. biggrin.gif

Seeping Decay + Stream of Bile.
This is gonna look really wierd but I just know that you don't get the re-rolls for Breathe Weapon ToWound rolls. The sad part is I can't give you an exact reference at the moment to prove this stance.

If I remember correctly it's got something to do with Breathe Weapon attacks being "Special Attacks" and thus falling outside of the scope of effect given by the Seepeing Decay Standard.

I am very sure there's actually a thread on this issue in the rules section.. Oh damn it all to hell, I'll try and find it..

EDIT
This is friggin ridiculous.. I'm refering back to myself here..
HERE is the thread in the rules-section where I am going on about thinking the Seeping Decay standard does not interact with BreatheWeapons (or Staff of Nurgle for that matter) and at least judging by the conclusion of that thread it would appear that I was wrong.. Wrong indeed. Oh it's marvellous...

And still I can't help feeling we're missing something here.. But for the time being there's nothing left for me to say except: Ignore everything I just said *above* and for all I can find out atm the Seeping Decay re-rolls do indeed interact with Breatheweapons etcetera.

It must have been on Warseer I saw that "Other thread" that came to a completely opposed conclusion for some reason. I just have this very clear memory of reading it at one point in time. All the evidence I can find at the moment, though, points toward total interraction between the Seeping Decay and every single towound roll associated with the given unit.

So that's nice. I guess. All though it sucks to make an ass out of myself.

--------------------
Noisy Assassin
Posted: Feb 24 2012, 10:18 AM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,601

I know we had a thread before the one you're referencing DReign in which the opposite conclusion was reached about the breath attack at least. Someone has some pretty clear quoted FAQs to support it. Just can't find the thread or the relevant FAQs anymore...Oh well, I like re-rolls.

--------------------
Demons need love too...hugs for everyone!
(>^_^)>

When life gives you lemons, BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

8th Edition W/D/L Records with Daemons:
- 7th ed book: 21/1/5
- 8th ed book: 11/0/2
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1328 seconds | Archive